PDA

View Full Version : Development team Q&A topic.

awan
05-18-2019, 01:34 AM
Post any questions or clarification you need on development here. We'll clarify them as best we can.
In general, this topic will work a bit different from the other clarification topics.
The intent for this topic is to have it be a reliable source of information.

Hence special rules apply:

The answers will ONLY be given by the development team.
This is to assist with keeping this a reliable source of information.

All questions should be directed to the development team.
This is a topic for clarification from the team, not individual developers.

Questions have to be one sentence long.
We want to keep things simple. This rule is there to assist with that.
Page long posts do not help with this.
Do not try to avoid this by making a huge run-on sentence.

You can ask multiple questions in one post.

Shitposting in here = Forum ban

This is not a place for debating or arguing development, this is for clarification.
You post a question or situation, you get a response.
Debates/Arguments = Forum Warn + Post Deletion.
If you need additional clarification that's fine, but don't debate/argue.

awan
05-19-2019, 01:15 PM
This topic is now open.

juliansl
05-20-2019, 04:52 PM
Will this forum be just for coding and mapping, or will rule development be allowed as well?

Vicacrov
05-20-2019, 08:17 PM
Will this forum be just for coding and mapping, or will rule development be allowed as well?

Coding, mapping, spriting only.

Steelpoint
05-21-2019, 06:11 AM
Is the development team considering/planning to alter or rework the way FoB mechanics work in the future? The game seemingly emphasizes one major FoB at the primary LZ, and the establishment of forward FoB's is usually either difficult (LV) extremely specific (Red) or near impossible (Trijent).

awan
05-21-2019, 08:16 AM
Is the development team considering/planning to alter or rework the way FoB mechanics work in the future? The game seemingly emphasizes one major FoB at the primary LZ, and the establishment of forward FoB's is usually either difficult (LV) extremely specific (Red) or near impossible (Trijent).

We have an MR already that changes girders. So that can happen any day.
In general, I would like to see it but it is hard since the movement between this fob's is quite hard.
But there is nothing solid planned at this time related to this.
The only things I know are coming are about megafob. And maybe a marine combat deployment system.

MasterShakeEZ
05-23-2019, 08:12 AM
Are the changes to xenos running speed intentional?

Is acid spit supposed to be as potent as it is now?

awan
05-23-2019, 08:12 PM
Are the changes to xenos running speed intentional?

Is acid spit supposed to be as potent as it is now?

Afaik only sent or spitter has a speed issue. And that will be changed.

Pain from acid will lower as well. (Pain in general.)

Julian56
06-07-2019, 08:44 AM
Is it possible to have more than 2 Landing Zone on a map?
(if not do you plan to change the shuttle system?)

Do you plan to add new option for deployment and recovery for alive marines?

Do you plan to change how ammo weapons any supplies is distribute in the game?

That will be all for today thanks for the goodwork CM Staff.

NethIafins
06-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Is it possible to have more than 2 Landing Zone on a map?
(if not do you plan to change the shuttle system?)

No to the first one, yes on the second one

Do you plan to add new option for deployment and recovery for alive marines?

Yes

Do you plan to change how ammo weapons any supplies is distribute in the game?

Question is too general, can't say anything

Steelpoint
06-07-2019, 09:18 AM
I think his question was.

"Do you plan to change how ammo, weapons and supplies are given to marines?"

On that note. I'd like to ask. "Are there any future plans/changes to how requisiton works in terms of sending supplies to the Marines on the ground?"

NethIafins
06-07-2019, 11:59 AM
I think his question was.

"Do you plan to change how ammo, weapons and supplies are given to marines?"

Still too general

On that note. I'd like to ask. "Are there any future plans/changes to how requisiton works in terms of sending supplies to the Marines on the ground?"
Gunship mode will allow you to deploy stuff via airlift along with marines

Julian56
06-08-2019, 07:31 AM
Do you plan to change so that our character can use is $ to buy supplies(special-ammo, attachments, etc)?

Is the staff open to the creation of new roles?

I have seen that you can be promote as an acting SL on the field with the squad system. is there more roles that can be promote on the field by other way? RO? CE? XO ? etc....

If not do you plan to add this possibility?

jjia
06-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Any plans to buff the Pulse Rifle? It's been useless for so long now.

Julian56
06-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Can the shuttle be rotated ?

awan
06-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Can the shuttle be rotated ?

It can be there is just no lz that is suited for this at this time.

Any plans to buff the Pulse Rifle? It's been useless for so long now.

Marines are at a high winrate ill discuss this in the team.

Do you plan to change so that our character can use is $ to buy supplies(special-ammo, attachments, etc)?

Is the staff open to the creation of new roles?

I have seen that you can be promote as an acting SL on the field with the squad system. is there more roles that can be promote on the field by other way? RO? CE? XO ? etc....

In general we would love an economy but it is a bit on the low side.
We do add new roles but you can just gitlab them.
Other roles do not really have field promotions except if admins do it.
Maybe I want to add it for SO's and some other special roles.

CABAL
06-10-2019, 03:13 AM
Xeno fire immunity. Any plans to remove, nerf, or change it?

NethIafins
06-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Xeno fire immunity. Any plans to remove
No

, nerf, or change it?
eh, maybe?

MasterShakeEZ
06-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Any plans to make xenos less RNG dependent? Pretty much every single thing about xenos is RNG. Neuro, armor, slashing, tackling, how much damage they take, how long they get stunned by grenades/slugs/whatever. It feels like playing xeno is just do whatever until RNG combines to kill you no matter how good you actually are.

NethIafins
06-10-2019, 01:13 PM
Any plans to make xenos less RNG dependent?
Some RNG has to stay or at least be replaced with cooldowns

Pretty much every single thing about xenos is RNG.

ok

Neuro,

there is a chance to hit, that's basically it. If neuro rework goes in - then it will be less random

armor,

current xeno armor has little to no RNG

slashing,

only randomness here is a range of damage (that is not big), and chance to tailstab or bite (which has cooldown of over few seconds + rng chance)

tackling,

Tackling without RNG will be either all tackle or no tackle or something we have to come up with. That "come up with" is still in pretty initial stage. Don't expect much change in the future

how much damage they take,

assuming you know their armor integrity and range of the weapon fire and skills of the shooter (attacker), the damage is RNG to about +-10%. Don't think this is much. Besides critical hits which is 5% right now, but they are here so weak weapons can be useful VS high armor _sometimes_

how long they get stunned by grenades/slugs/whatever.

This is not random at all. Maybe what you are experiencing is "start of a tick" issue, where if you get stunned at the start of a tick, you need to wait until tick ends. But if you are stunned at the end of a tick, you get up almost instantly

That's an old foe of ours that is pretty hard to fix in a way that everyone will like...

Hope this answers your concerns

MasterShakeEZ
06-10-2019, 01:29 PM
only randomness here is a range of damage (that is not big), and chance to tailstab or bite (which has cooldown of over few seconds + rng chance)

assuming you know their armor integrity and range of the weapon fire and skills of the shooter (attacker), the damage is RNG to about +-10%. Don't think this is much. Besides critical hits which is 5% right now, but they are here so weak weapons can be useful VS high armor _sometimes_

This is not random at all. Maybe what you are experiencing is "start of a tick" issue, where if you get stunned at the start of a tick, you need to wait until tick ends. But if you are stunned at the end of a tick, you get up almost instantly

That's an old foe of ours that is pretty hard to fix in a way that everyone will like...

I know this isnt the place to debate but I still have more concerns. I feel like besides the randomness on damage rolls there are times it literally ignores the damage straight up. You can kill 1 marine in 3 hits and then another you hit him 15 times and it does nothing. Theres more to it than crits and a 10% damage roll.

As far as getting shot and having all those calculations it may not seem like much but getting high rolled on 3 bullets is a whole lot more damage than getting low rolled on 3 bullets. Thats whats im saying you never know how much damage you can take or anything because its so random.

The stun thing may be based on that tick thing you talk about. The easiest way to see what im talking about is go look at slugs. Sometimes you can get chain stunned by slugs because they can fire faster than the stun wears off. Other times you get up and run away before they can chain stun you. Grenades seem random as hell and never the same so it doesnt FEEL like its just a tick here or there but thats a feeling so maybe im wrong.\

I dont feel like each individual thing i mentioned is a huge problem, but all of them added together makes a giant difference and like I said it feels like you are just waiting till RNG decides to kill you.

NethIafins
06-10-2019, 01:57 PM
I feel like besides the randomness on damage rolls there are times it literally ignores the damage straight up. You can kill 1 marine in 3 hits and then another you hit him 15 times and it does nothing. Theres more to it than crits and a 10% damage roll.

Different armor? You target different bodyparts? There are a lot of variables. Marines have different armor on different bodyparts

As far as getting shot and having all those calculations it may not seem like much but getting high rolled on 3 bullets is a whole lot more damage than getting low rolled on 3 bullets. Thats whats im saying you never know how much damage you can take or anything because its so random.

We have ammunition that is 2-2.5x as strong as another, but they both have same sprite on screen. I think this is the issue you might be referring

The stun thing may be based on that tick thing you talk about. The easiest way to see what im talking about is go look at slugs. Sometimes you can get chain stunned by slugs because they can fire faster than the stun wears off. Other times you get up and run away before they can chain stun you. Grenades seem random as hell and never the same so it doesnt FEEL like its just a tick here or there but thats a feeling so maybe im wrong.\

Slug is the prime example of this issue because slug stun is exactly 1 tick

Explosion code takes into account debris (items and shit) between you and epicenter to calculate the damage on your tile. Your stun time is directly related to how damage you received. Also every xeno has DIFFERENT amount of explosive armor that reduces the damage you take (and hence the stun time) from explosions. It is COMPLETELY unrelated to armor you see on screen.

I dont feel like each individual thing i mentioned is a huge problem, but all of them added together makes a giant difference and like I said it feels like you are just waiting till RNG decides to kill you.

I get it

I think primary reason why xenos feel so flimsy and easy to die at some points is our removal of warding damage reduction, which was a pretty big issue with balance (the fact that we always had to account xeno balance with highest level of warding before)

We added a lot of things for xenos that made them more manageable, but there is space to improve, there's no doubt.

I just hope you feel those changes and keep being a part of the community until game becomes more... manageable (I think this is a proper word here)... for you

BeardedWall
06-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Changes to engineering:

Is the current plan to fix the now extremely broken SMES or replace them entirely with something new? And is there an ETA? Hard wiring isnt bad but Ive had to have the mods remove them entirely to get the powergrid to work sometimes.

Atmospherics was removed because of lag issues and now we have a huge part of the ship that is empty and nonfunctional, are plans to renovate this area or are you playing with the idea of doing something with atmosphere again?

CABAL
06-11-2019, 01:01 PM
I remember that there was talk about Heavy Armor being weaker to acid spits, but better against pounces and Light Armor inversely. What happened to the idea of Heavy/Light Armor protecting somehow more/less against pounces?

NethIafins
06-11-2019, 01:51 PM
I remember that there was talk about Heavy Armor being weaker to acid spits, but better against pounces and Light Armor inversely. What happened to the idea of Heavy/Light Armor protecting somehow more/less against pounces?

it is not implemented. Instead Heavy Armor protects you a lot better against IB, organ damage and bone break

MasterShakeEZ
06-14-2019, 02:03 AM
Are yall gonna do anything about grenades?

When are yall gonna finally remove warrior lunge?

Why can we not have signallers and proximity timers for research?

Why wont you give xenos macros back?

Do you plan on doing anything with the veteran kit m41 to make it a viable alternative to other weapons? (it costs 45 points and I would rather take a regular m41 and have med kit or something)

NethIafins
06-14-2019, 12:47 PM
Are yall gonna do anything about grenades?
Yes, we are going to do something

When are yall gonna finally remove warrior lunge?
This is not being discussed at the moment. Maybe the thing will be updated.

Why can we not have signallers and proximity timers for research?
remote detonation of multiple hidden explosive devices, without any warning

Why wont you give xenos macros back?
No comments...

Do you plan on doing anything with the veteran kit m41 to make it a viable alternative to other weapons? (it costs 45 points and I would rather take a regular m41 and have med kit or something)
Maybe? no plans yet

Julian56
06-19-2019, 05:08 PM
Do you plan to change how 40mm grenades and hand grenades work ?
I propose on github to change to unable 40mm from being activate by hand. and make them explode on contact. Suggestion as been denied and close in less than 3H.
https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/6919

Loco52
06-20-2019, 07:02 AM
I'm not sure if armor for T1 and T2 xenos is broken, or they simply don't have armor. But today, right now playing any T2 asides from warrior (not taking into consideration passive roles like carrier or hivelord) feels very off because you can get killed pretty easily due to normal ammo completely ignoring armor. If this is a bug is there a planned short term fix for it?

awan
06-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Yes, we are going to do something

This is not being discussed at the moment. Maybe the thing will be updated.

remote detonation of multiple hidden explosive devices, without any warning

No comments...

Maybe? no plans yet

In general all developers do have the right to close suggestions. 3h is a bit quick for one to be closed though.
In the end there are no plans to work on this or to implement it as (nearly) all developers have other projects already.

I'm not sure if armor for T1 and T2 xenos is broken, or they simply don't have armor. But today, right now playing any T2 asides from warrior (not taking into consideration passive roles like carrier or hivelord) feels very off because you can get killed pretty easily due to normal ammo completely ignoring armor. If this is a bug is there a planned short term fix for it?

Armor gets an adjustment today or later this week. It depends a bit on some stuff.

Justicer3792
06-24-2019, 04:34 AM
What new features will xenos get in the future?

awan
06-24-2019, 07:49 PM
What new features will xenos get in the future?

Our goal is/was to give all xeno's a strain.
That is still being worked on.

bobatnight
06-24-2019, 08:33 PM
Does burn damage tie in with armor?

NethIafins
06-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Does burn damage tie in with armor?

Burn damage as of right now does not take armor into account, however as any damage, it prevents armor from regenning

ThesoldierLLJK
06-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Are there any plans to bring back the plans of xeno past life or reincarnation?

CABAL
06-27-2019, 09:18 PM
Why we don't have different helmets, or atleast a special face masks since we do have different armors?

Slugs need some love, they are only usefull when shoot from Tactical shotgun, simple new attachement for shotgun called "Threaded Barrel" that lets you shoot only slugs, but makes them finally decent. High Risk, high skill ceiling, little to no Reward.

Julian56
07-01-2019, 11:48 AM
I would like to suggest to add a Fire Team Leader role it will be assigned by the SL like FT membership. do you think it's in the line with dev vision of CM?

possun
07-03-2019, 07:12 AM
are there any plans to fix the current state of IO in the near future? the defcon system is absolutely rife with issues brought up in gitlab.

NethIafins
07-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Are there any plans to bring back the plans of xeno past life or reincarnation?

No

Why we don't have different helmets, or atleast a special face masks since we do have different armors?

This requires spritework and general idea on how we want to split helmets, IC reason behind it, and resolve general question on would the helmet be given along with the armor, or you can pick different type

Slugs need some love, they are only usefull when shoot from Tactical shotgun, simple new attachement for shotgun called "Threaded Barrel" that lets you shoot only slugs, but makes them finally decent. High Risk, high skill ceiling, little to no Reward.
Slugs are being given some love

I would like to suggest to add a Fire Team Leader role it will be assigned by the SL like FT membership. do you think it's in the line with dev vision of CM?
Maybe. FT Leader role is a good idea, but we need to separate them from PFCs somehow

are there any plans to fix the current state of IO in the near future? the defcon system is absolutely rife with issues brought up in gitlab.

Plan is to fix issues from gitlab. Nothing new _yet_

CABAL
07-04-2019, 10:54 AM
No

This requires spritework and general idea on how we want to split helmets, IC reason behind it, and resolve general question on would the helmet be given along with the armor, or you can pick different type

It could look the same like Helmet of a Pyro Spec for Heavy Helmet and something like Tanker, or Scout Spec helmet for Light variant. IC reason is kinda obvious, it's the same as choosing armor different from medium. Why PFC's would need Heavy Armor/Light? They want more protection/freedom of movement, also to the head (and hands, but that later :p). I guess that every real modern army does something like that, if somebody receives heavy vest, they aren't wearing standard helmet.
Heavy Helmet should be limited only to Heavy Armor (with IC reason that they are supposed to work together, connecting with eachother for better protection) and wearing them should work like SG have to wear SG Harness to wear their optics.
Medium and light could be a matter of preference.
Medium helmet would be as it is, maybe could receive additional storage slot. Heavy Helmet would obviously grant more protection, but it would lose all storage slots, you couldn't perform CPR with it on and you would be of course bound to wearing heavy armor, maybe additional weak air filters for reduced damage from gas, but view reduced by one tile.
Light helmet could boost Accuracy (Something like small computer and hud helping marine aim), but would be weaker than medium helmet.

awan
07-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Are there any plans to bring back the plans of Xeno past life or reincarnation?

To go into this a bit more.
This was an idea more related to making Xeno's an endless horde.
In theory, it works but in practise, we consider it 0 fun and not in line with our current vision.

awan
07-04-2019, 12:03 PM
It could look the same like Helmet of a Pyro Spec for Heavy Helmet and something like Tanker, or Scout Spec helmet for Light variant. IC reason is kinda obvious, it's the same as choosing armor different from medium. Why PFC's would need Heavy Armor/Light? They want more protection/freedom of movement, also to the head (and hands, but that later :p). I guess that every real modern army does something like that, if somebody receives heavy vest, they aren't wearing standard helmet.
Heavy Helmet should be limited only to Heavy Armor (with IC reason that they are supposed to work together, connecting with eachother for better protection) and wearing them should work like SG have to wear SG Harness to wear their optics.
Medium and light could be a matter of preference.
Medium helmet would be as it is, maybe could receive additional storage slot. Heavy Helmet would obviously grant more protection, but it would lose all storage slots, you couldn't perform CPR with it on and you would be of course bound to wearing heavy armor, maybe additional weak air filters for reduced damage from gas, but view reduced by one tile.
Light helmet could boost Accuracy (Something like small computer and hud helping marine aim), but would be weaker than medium helmet.

Honestly, towards me that sounds like quite a bit of work.
It also has to be balanced and everything for the game.
I already consider light/medium/heavy armor hard to balance since I do not see them all as viable.

Outcast Seer
07-05-2019, 02:51 PM
Thank you all for your hard work, two questions for now:

Being a CASEVAC pilot is currently a fairly inconsistent experience. The vast majority of combat seems to occur in areas CAS cannot target and if combat is going well for marines, there might not be much medevac work to do for the entire operation.
-Does the hinted gunship update plan to give a more consistent and engaging experience for pilots?

People have been talking about adding an armored personnel carrier for a while now, but there does not seem to be much interest in developing such a vehicle. From a layman's perspective I've always thought a placeholder APC could simply be the tank without a primary module and the ability to let more people enter "empty" crew slots more quickly than a tanker.
-What is currently the biggest limiting factor in creating a new vehicle for marines/CLF/UPP?

NethIafins
07-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Thank you all for your hard work, two questions for now:

Being a CASEVAC pilot is currently a fairly inconsistent experience. The vast majority of combat seems to occur in areas CAS cannot target and if combat is going well for marines, there might not be much medevac work to do for the entire operation.
-Does the hinted gunship update plan to give a more consistent and engaging experience for pilots?

yes. It's a straight up upgrade for Transport/CASEVAC pilots

People have been talking about adding an armored personnel carrier for a while now, but there does not seem to be much interest in developing such a vehicle. From a layman's perspective I've always thought a placeholder APC could simply be the tank without a primary module and the ability to let more people enter "empty" crew slots more quickly than a tanker.
-What is currently the biggest limiting factor in creating a new vehicle for marines/CLF/UPP?

Spritework, vehicle handling code that could've been made better, balance considerations (in relation to potentially making xeno side even less fun to play)

Julian56
07-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Hello i have propose 3 time to add Xenomorph cultist. Last iteration as 16 upvote.
Do you see something that make my suggestion impossible or hard to make.
Do you think it's a suggestion that could be made real?
Link to github : https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/6832#notes

NethIafins
07-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Hello i have propose 3 time to add Xenomorph cultist. Last iteration as 16 upvote.

This is a pretty hard roleplay request from randomly selected survivor.
Admins can kinda do that ingame already with predetermined players from ghostchat

CABAL
07-09-2019, 12:31 PM

While I despise magical psychic Benos, I still like this idea. However it would require more survivors than 4 and this would probably shit pre-drop "balance" a bit and benos would cry and their tears would burn trough floor tiles, making a breach, thus venting whole planet.

NethIafins
07-09-2019, 04:52 PM
While I despise magical psychic Benos, I still like this idea. However it would require more survivors than 4 and this would probably shit pre-drop "balance" a bit and benos would cry and their tears would burn trough floor tiles, making a breach, thus venting whole planet.

This is not a discussion channel ;)

Julian56
07-13-2019, 07:56 AM
Hello.
Can you tell me what happened after the shuttle crash in the Almayer?
Does the Almayer crash on the planet after the 20 min limit?
I ask this because at a RP level i always struggle with why would activate SD if the almayer is going to be destroy anyway.
Also there is no part on evacuation or Self destruct on the wiki it seem.

awan
07-23-2019, 06:40 PM
Hello.
Can you tell me what happened after the shuttle crash in the Almayer?
Does the Almayer crash on the planet after the 20 min limit?
I ask this because at a RP level i always struggle with why would activate SD if the almayer is going to be destroy anyway.
Also there is no part on evacuation or Self destruct on the wiki it seem.

Honestly, I have not heard the official newer position of the dev team.
I think the crashes into the planet is the Spooky explanation but idk.
My own opinion is that the fight goes on and we only end it for gameplay reasons.
I also heard that the almayer has lost it's air. Or that after that time it is not recoverable.
In the end sd is a draw and so is a timeout.

Julian56
07-28-2019, 09:09 AM
How far a burrower can go when he burrow?
Do you plan to change burrower so an unmanned flank can be protect with cades and sentinel?

awan
07-28-2019, 12:24 PM
How far a burrower can go when he burrow?
Do you plan to change burrower so an unmanned flank can be protect with cades and sentinel?

They can go to anything in vision.
And you should not leave flanks unmanned. That is intended.

Julian56
07-29-2019, 07:50 AM
Do you plan to make that xeno can build on top of weed and not like now remove weed and replace it with a resin wall?
Do you plan to change how weed behave?
Are you open to suggestion on github to change how weed behave?
https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/7280

NethIafins
07-29-2019, 09:48 AM
Do you plan to make that xeno can build on top of weed and not like now remove weed and replace it with a resin wall?
Do you plan to change how weed behave?
Are you open to suggestion on github to change how weed behave?

No we don't plan to do it, although idea sounds nice
No, and we are open to suggestions

Zacharino
07-31-2019, 09:16 PM
Hello just wanted to say fantastic work. Hands down the best server I've played on with so many great features that I'm learning every round.

I like to play as Maintenance Technician and help around but noticed that I can access areas like the high-sec storage but not squad prep, requisitions and medbay. My question is are these areas restricted from us for some OOC reason like past players abusing something? Would we ever be allowed access in the future? I only ask because multiple rounds now I've been asked to repair something in these 'restricted' areas and only about half the time someone is there to open the doors for me and more then half the time they get bored watching me repair and run off without really realizing they've trapped me in essentially.

Thanks

WolfETD
08-10-2019, 05:56 AM
How you set up GitLab CI, if you set up(need it, because migrate from Travic CI)?

awan
08-13-2019, 02:05 PM
MTs are expected to repair damages all around the ship. They're also given the tools needed to facilitate access to those areas without the need for someone to open doors. You're within IC rights to hack your way in or out.

This is a good book on it written by my friend: https://www.angusrobertson.com.au/books/gitlab-quick-start-guide-adam-ogrady/p/9781789534344?zsrc=go-nons&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI18-c3N_-4wIV2YBwCh2w4wp3EAkYASABEgLwyPD_BwE
While I appreciate everyones good intentions on attempting to help folks. Please leave the responses to us devs.

CryoDrake
08-19-2019, 12:29 PM
Will preds get more weapons and traps to mess with marines and xenos?

Will there be maps in which marines can use unique vehicles to travel around the map or that have more levels but smaller in size?

Will there be a map that is mostly ocean and marines can use unique equipment to go underwater and xenos can too or get a caste for water fights?

Will xenos remain with same models from now on?

Will there be more attachments or a marine role that can make marines custom ammo?

Will there be a hvh game mode in rotation except extended?

Will there be more options in defcon assets?

Will marines get more guns?

NethIafins
08-19-2019, 03:20 PM
Will preds get more weapons and traps to mess with marines and xenos?
Preds are not a priority, so only if we have time

Will there be maps in which marines can use unique vehicles to travel around the map or that have more levels but smaller in size?
Doubt it

Will there be a map that is mostly ocean and marines can use unique equipment to go underwater and xenos can too or get a caste for water fights?
Doubt it

Will there be more attachments or a marine role that can make marines custom ammo?
Yes for attachments, nothing about marine role - not being planned

Will there be a hvh game mode in rotation except extended?
Yeah but not this year probably

Will there be more options in defcon assets?
Nothing is decided yet, but we might look at that soon-ish

Will marines get more guns?
Besides potential new Specialsts? no. We need a niche for a weapon, L42 had a really small niche, don't see anything new

Jonesome
08-20-2019, 06:28 AM
Are there plans to re-implement the researcher autopsy mechanic?

Will you ever bring back an atmos system?

Will zombies mode ever be in rotation?

Will doctors ever get their burgundy scrubs back?

Chocolate_bickie
08-20-2019, 11:36 AM
With recent changes to nuero and slug, are there any plans to phase out stun mechanics?

If HvH is added into rotation, how likely is XvX to be added to rotation?

What's the current design philosophy behind xenos? Are they swarm based or 'elite based? Or something entirely different?

NethIafins
08-20-2019, 11:47 AM
Are there plans to re-implement the researcher autopsy mechanic?
No

Will you ever bring back an atmos system?
Not on BYOND

Will zombies mode ever be in rotation?
doubt it

Will doctors ever get their burgundy scrubs back?
probably

NethIafins
08-20-2019, 11:48 AM
With recent changes to nuero and slug, are there any plans to phase out stun mechanics?
Not fully

If HvH is added into rotation, how likely is XvX to be added to rotation?
There will always be a human side

What's the current design philosophy behind xenos? Are they swarm based or 'elite based? Or something entirely different?
Elite based with easily replaceable swarm part - basically what we have now to some degree

Akabinxstar
08-26-2019, 06:50 PM
Are damage sprites in the game yet

Challade
08-27-2019, 04:42 AM
Do you have any plans to rebalance the M41A and Shotgun?

CABAL
08-29-2019, 04:11 PM
Slugs apply abilities cooldown on hit, or at the end of the stun?

NethIafins
08-30-2019, 03:10 PM
Are damage sprites in the game yet

No, not planned yet

Do you have any plans to rebalance the M41A and Shotgun?

yes, after I'm done with DB stuff, I'm going to give another pass on the balance

Slugs apply abilities cooldown on hit, or at the end of the stun?
They apply on hit, however they are made in a way that they cover the time already spend with stun.
This is purely to reduce issues with creating timers on xeno waking up from stun

MasterShakeEZ
08-31-2019, 08:38 AM
When are yall gonna nerf smartgunners? They are completely op. Anyone who is good with them dominates games especially when they roll in packs of SGs. Its been a month. Enough is enough.

awan
08-31-2019, 06:18 PM
When are yall gonna nerf smartgunners? They are completely op. Anyone who is good with them dominates games especially when they roll in packs of SGs. Its been a month. Enough is enough.

That is being discussed yes.

LordLoko
09-09-2019, 06:31 PM
What's the status on Whiskey Outpost?

Mal Gloire
09-16-2019, 03:01 AM
Will tackle & pounce do minor brute damage?

Neuro spit eventually leading to cardiac/respiratory arrest?

Ranks other than PFC getting auto boot knife in default loadout?

Flashlight grip lighting fix?

Will QFA on M37 pump action ever be a thing? Gotta be some drawbacks to it, of course. It would take the shotgun back to its most recent prior fire rate, but you're eating up a slot that most people run mag harness on, ALOT.

Power Loader seems like it could be fun in combat when xenos come shipside. I was surprised to hear that it's not a thing. Will it ever be a thing for the req officers to defend themselves with?

NethIafins
09-23-2019, 06:46 AM
Will tackle & pounce do minor brute damage?
No

Neuro spit eventually leading to cardiac/respiratory arrest?
No

Ranks other than PFC getting auto boot knife in default loadout?
Don't know. Maybe?

Flashlight grip lighting fix?
in works

Will QFA on M37 pump action ever be a thing? Gotta be some drawbacks to it, of course. It would take the shotgun back to its most recent prior fire rate, but you're eating up a slot that most people run mag harness on, ALOT.
I'd rather implement a special attachment for shotty

Power Loader seems like it could be fun in combat when xenos come shipside. I was surprised to hear that it's not a thing. Will it ever be a thing for the req officers to defend themselves with?
Power Loaders are terrible in combat as they should be. They do not work against enemy that is overly mobile

NethIafins
09-23-2019, 06:46 AM
What's the status on Whiskey Outpost?

Being fixed

CABAL
09-23-2019, 04:04 PM
When (or if you will ever) fix menu poping out when trying to use attachement with two togglable attachements? It's annoying to deploy a bipod and use scope fast, and it's damn impossible to use UGL, or mini-flamer, or mini-shotgun with rail light.
It didn't happened before, "Use attachement" didn't took rail attachements into account, because there already exist button to toggle it.

Megarop
09-25-2019, 12:02 PM
Does the Barrel Charger actually only increase shotgun damage by 5% and if so, what's the point of putting it on a shotgun?

Are there any plans to rebalance HEFA grenades, ERTs and ERT equipment, or non-USCM weapons you can find on some maps or get in a black market firearms crate like the MP27?

Obscurify
09-26-2019, 05:57 PM
The UPP is very light on content. Do you guys plan to add more sprites, weapons, or armor for them? With the addition of new USCM weapons, like the Longstreet, L42 carbines and so on, is there anything similar coming for the UPP?

Sixty40
09-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Does the Barrel Charger actually only increase shotgun damage by 5% and if so, what's the point of putting it on a shotgun?

Big if true

NethIafins
09-30-2019, 01:32 PM
When (or if you will ever) fix menu poping out when trying to use attachement with two togglable attachements? It's annoying to deploy a bipod and use scope fast, and it's damn impossible to use UGL, or mini-flamer, or mini-shotgun with rail light.
It didn't happened before, "Use attachement" didn't took rail attachements into account, because there already exist button to toggle it.

Git Lab it. I will ask people to fix it, but it might be lost in time

Yes. Before it applied 15% to the primary bullet only and noone batted an eye.

Are there any plans to rebalance HEFA grenades, ERTs and ERT equipment, or non-USCM weapons you can find on some maps or get in a black market firearms crate like the MP27?
yes

The UPP is very light on content. Do you guys plan to add more sprites, weapons, or armor for them? With the addition of new USCM weapons, like the Longstreet, L42 carbines and so on, is there anything similar coming for the UPP?
We need more spriters before we can dedicate our time on secondary factions

ChengChan
10-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Why putting a ballistic goggle inside the USCM cap can't be seen anymore?

Julian56
10-15-2019, 04:15 PM
Hello My question is on the suggestion system via github.

Is there a list of suggestion topic ((a black list) ex : atmo ..) that will never be implemented ?
Is there a list of topic you would like suggestion on as a dev team?
Does the dev team as a trello or another think to see what your working on?(so we can make suggestion on the topic)

I ask this because i feel like when i do a suggestion it's not used most of the time and i would like to save my times and yours.
Have a good CM day

Julian56
10-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Hello
Do you intend to remove the ability for xeno to have multiple queen in a normal round?
Have a good CM day

MasterShakeEZ
10-18-2019, 04:43 PM
I remember having a discussion about xenos being able to just declare victory and fly off with the DS or just not leave the planet or something instead of attacking the almayer. Is that still a possibility?

also when we gonna get the victory message at end of round back?

juliansl
10-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Have you considered having multiple possible ships? If so what did you conclude?

CryoDrake
10-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Will we get queen strains that affect the whole hive? (example: cloak strain- all xenos loose the armor but can cloak or vanguard strain- all xenos loose some speed but gain armor, health and damage)

awan
10-20-2019, 06:36 PM
Hello
Do you intend to remove the ability for xeno to have multiple queen in a normal round?
Have a good CM day

Hello My question is on the suggestion system via github.

Is there a list of suggestion topic ((a black list) ex : atmo ..) that will never be implemented ?
Is there a list of topic you would like suggestion on as a dev team?
Does the dev team as a trello or another think to see what your working on?(so we can make suggestion on the topic)

I ask this because i feel like when i do a suggestion it's not used most of the time and i would like to save my times and yours.
Have a good CM day

There is no specific blacklist. We did tell people in the past what we are looking for suggestion wise but at this time I see nothing specific.
I might ask neth if we can make a list that is a bit more public facing.

I remember having a discussion about xenos being able to just declare victory and fly off with the DS or just not leave the planet or something instead of attacking the almayer. Is that still a possibility?

also when we gonna get the victory message at end of round back?

People think that it is a cop out to do that.
The message is something I feel we did not get around to.

Will we get queen strains that affect the whole hive? (example: cloak strain- all xenos loose the armor but can cloak or vanguard strain- all xenos loose some speed but gain armor, health and damage)

So far there are no plans for this.

Silvericedan
04-16-2020, 09:34 PM
About the lore in Aliens 1986, being the power loader scene so iconic and epic in that movie, what are the reasons behind not letting have the power loader self-defense capabilities? Im not talking about using a power loader in a unga rush, but like a tool in the ship/cargo defense.

DekoToast
04-17-2020, 12:19 AM
Are there any intentions of bringing back marines escaping from xeno nests? (This was a fun feature where we almost never succeeded, but it at least gave nested marines a bit of hope.)

EmiliePittman00
03-31-2022, 10:59 AM
Yes I agree with you

Pigeon
03-31-2022, 02:26 PM
Dont necro-post