PDA

View Full Version : yeah

ThePirateSphee
02-28-2020, 02:24 AM
this game is probably one of the worst, if not THE worst, user experiences ive ever gone through with all the constant ripping away control of players in the middle of the actual gameplay and the absolutely CRITICAL failure for the developers to actually listen to their fucking playerbase (NO THEY DO NOT WANT MORE CHOKEPOINT BULLSHIT AND STOP MAKING HUGE MAPS)

the only reason this game has a playerbase is because its the only one of its kind there is

the community of this game is a completely toxic and dogshit mess and it doesnt help with how the staff continue to foster said dogshit behaviour through their failure to enforce the VERY FIRST RULE of their discord server, "1. Don't be a dick - Harassment, racism, bigotry, homophobia, giving out spoilers, etc."
never has a day gone by where i havent seen "haha i hate non-cis, non-straight, non-white people smileyface" as a 'joke' without any actual punchline which is a big hmm right there in the discord, sometimes with staff participation and when the fuck has the game servers rule 3 ever been invoked???

:D:D:D:D fug

Memesky
02-28-2020, 02:27 AM
You can't go out like this... not the drama path... Shpee...

Pigeon
02-28-2020, 03:17 AM
It toxic and crappy but youll come back, they always do

Swagile
02-28-2020, 03:22 AM
while some of what you say is correct and some incorrect, no one will really care and the community will continue till its eventual death when a better platform for this type of game comes out (see: in 20 years maybe)

Akabinxstar
02-28-2020, 04:07 AM
You’re not wrong

ThesoldierLLJK
02-28-2020, 04:43 AM
I mean yeah you're not wrong
Godspeed gamer.

Avalanchee
02-28-2020, 05:14 AM
coup de grâce

50RemAndCounting
02-28-2020, 07:14 AM
:( goodbye come back soon

Banned User ID63
02-28-2020, 07:38 AM
when the fuck has the game servers rule 3 ever been invoked???

when i got banned for it

Bancrose
02-28-2020, 07:40 AM
I cannot particularly disagree with your post, but for the sake of argument.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/540258662359498753/682794553920716837/unknown.png

Deep Inside Me
02-28-2020, 07:44 AM
:DDDDDDDD holy shiddd

Vampmare
02-28-2020, 10:17 AM
I hope you have a good life and find happiness in your future endeavor.

Thank you for playing CM :)

Simonset55
02-28-2020, 10:46 AM
The first paragraph ain't exactly wrong.

And uhm I love non-cis, non-straight, non-white people :)

Just not PirateSphee, they're kinda retarded.

bobatnight
02-28-2020, 12:30 PM
bruh who hurt you

Destrok
02-28-2020, 04:24 PM
this community isn't really as toxic as it appears at face value, i've had no problem staying on good terms and making friends out of almost everyone active in the community, the only people i've failed with are probably chaznoodles, charles paynter and huey jazzton, so nothing lost there

we act autistic ooc and ic but it's very easy to look past that and enjoy the interactions you have with other people here

but i suppose the sense of humour isn't for everyone, in which case it's perfectly acceptable to leave because the only fun thing to do in CM anymore is say that you hate women and minorities, after all, there's no fun to be found in the current meta of CM so might as well spend your entire round shitposting rather than dying to boiler gas or the ltb tank

TheDonkified
02-28-2020, 04:49 PM
Hmmmmm

Akabinxstar
02-28-2020, 04:56 PM
Hmmmmm

Stupid little coder loser make the game how the players want it or else

UnwaveringGrey
02-28-2020, 04:58 PM
I'm not on the discord too much, but from what I've seen on the forums, in marine-comms/hive-chat, and in my not at all infrequent visits to d-chat this is easily one of the least toxic communities I've seen.

solidfury7
02-28-2020, 05:35 PM
I think it comes back to the age old issue of, should we have a standard of roleplay.

I've seen a polarising level of roleplay recently, some of the best roleplay in a long time, but then a round later, seeing people literally talk OOCly in character.

This isn't a new issue, but we should at least enforce the rules we have or amend them to something new, not just keep them as a token rule to catch people out that staff don't like.

My advice is, don't take this community too seriously, stay for the casual fun and nice roleplay (when you can get it)

Tharinoma
02-28-2020, 09:51 PM
The amount of racism and homophobia people in this community dismiss as "memes" or "jokes" disgusts me.

Destrok
02-28-2020, 10:14 PM
The amount of racism and homophobia people in this community dismiss as "memes" or "jokes" disgusts me.

This is a point of view someone would have if they were shown the CM discord without any real context, I think you'd know as an admin the way the community really works. You should probably interact with the discord more often since that's where most of the community converses, rather than solely posting on the forums. That way you'd come to understand the way we act a bit more. Well, that or you could just play the game.

Lumdor
02-28-2020, 10:39 PM
You’re on the internet and you are getting upset by bad words. I don’t know if this is your first week here or you expect people to bend over backwards because something they were obviously saying sarcastically offended you. This isn’t a hug zone it’s a community built around degenerates and shooting shit.

ThesoldierLLJK
02-28-2020, 11:26 PM
and Here we go

Grimreaperx15
02-29-2020, 12:34 AM
I have deleted all the off-topic and unacceptable posts in this thread, which is the majority of the posts in this thread.

This type of behavior is absolutely unacceptable. If you want to shitpost, we have a subforum called 'Acid Goop' for it. The insults however, are unacceptable anywhere.

Casada_Radio
02-29-2020, 01:14 AM
Meanwhile, not completely off topic and have realised and remembered the origins of the OP's name...

I knew I heard it somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C90h1pbF1yY

BeardedWall
02-29-2020, 07:35 AM
If someone in the game insults you... kick their ass

An alpha called Ducky a certain racial slur in delta prep once...

He had to be put in the autodoc twice when delta finished with him.

Swagbag
02-29-2020, 03:14 PM
Honestly bro.

Gaming communities have been toxic for years, society in real life in general will always have toxic aspects to it.

If you have a perceived "weakness" just like real life, that others can take advantage of, it's best to keep it to yourself and go about like a regular person would, especially in gaming communities or stay away from people you know will take advantage of it, at the end of the day, posting about the worst parts of communities won't change much.

Best of luck.

Just L
02-29-2020, 04:29 PM
Yeah gotta agree with you man, the community of this game has been getting worse over the years. Staff are too complacent and the playerbase is full of shitters.

Easiest way to go along with the game is what Swagbag and Solidfury said, only interact with people that are worth your time, ignore everyone else.

Pigeon
02-29-2020, 11:10 PM
Just to let you know if you dont know yet, they cracking down on the racism, homophobia, and all the other crap. Kicking the trash out to put it blunt. So maybe it might get better, stay around. Please

Banned User ID63
03-01-2020, 12:01 AM
Just to let you know if you dont know yet, they cracking down on the racism, homophobia, and all the other crap. Kicking the trash out to put it blunt. So maybe it might get better, stay around. Please

it won't

give it a week or two and staff wont enforce it because they're lazy and this is the precedent

DefinitelyAlone0309
03-01-2020, 12:07 AM
I honestly don't get the point of these cryosleep posts unless you're like a head staff or some shit. If you're burnt out with the game or the community, just leave. Why do people always feel like they have to post something? If you want to let your metabuddies know that you're gonna be quitting the game for a bit or forever, just send them a pm. Why do you need to bring up this "revelation" as if people don't know a single thing about the community that they themselves are a part of? The only people who are that dense and clueless is the head staff really.

Amaxin
03-01-2020, 10:01 AM

Funny how it says you're a senior member but you don't remember 20+ previous attempts at that lol