View Full Version : Accepted Victor Kleiner - Commander Application

Victor Kleiner
03-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Commander Whitelist Application
Byond ID?
Axyinious

Player Name You Use Most?
Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthread.php?4331-Victor-Kleiner-Ban-Appeal-(Job-Role-Ban)&p=41244#post41244 | Deploying without authorization ; MP Jobban - Appeal accepted

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
I haven't recieved any ban within the last month.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
BEs are very serious and should only be used as a last resort if no other options are possible such as a regular execution or a perma cell. OOCly, a BE permanently takes a player out of the round. The BE SHOULD only be used if that player committed any behavior or crimes worthy for a BE, otherwise, they should be dealt with by MPs.

I believe that the circumstances to BE a crew should be once someone is:
-Undermining your legitimate command over the operation and the ship.
-Endangering you, anyone close to your vicinity and endangering the operation such as intentionally ODing or throwing nades at several marines.
-Messing around with LRP and causing general disorder.

BEs are a quick and fast method to neutralize a threat with no procedures unless for announcing the BE after it is done, that also means that it can be done on the spot.

Regular executions MUST follow Marine Law procedures such as taking place in the Brig. An announcement also must be made before the execution takes place. Executions are led on by MPs and the CMP and not by the CO.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
Captain Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner always prioritizes the safety of the USS Almayer and of his crew. Kleiner is an experienced strategist in the Corps that is well known for his successes because of his persistence and his faith in his men.
Viktor will always guide his crew with a strong hand with sound judgement and equality. If any of his crew is in threat, he will take immediate action to resolve it diplomatically.

Viktor believes that his men are not simply 'soldiers'. He believes that his men are his most strongest weapon in the galaxy and that his men's strongest weapon are their courage and loyalness.
If insubordination came to the dawn of Captain Kleiner, he would firstly try to diplomatically know why such thing is happening. If he couldn't deal with the insubordinate crewmember, he would let his MPs deal with them.

If Requisitions was being insubordinate, I would try to find out why they are being so and warn them that they are important to the successes of the operation. If they wouldn't respond or keep being insubordinate, I would have the MPs deal with the insubordination issue. If they are new, I would have the synthetic help them and the SEA learn them on how to do Requisitions.

If Engineering was being insubordinate, I would also try to diplomatically deal with the issue and find out why they are being so. The CE and the MTs are important to keep the Almayer clean and fixed up, so they are important. If I couldn't diplomatically deal with them, I would let the MPs handle it. If the MTs are new, I would have the SEA to learn them on how to do engineering.

Insubordinate MPs are very serious. I would contact the CMP and leave it to him to handle the issue. However, if the MPs are being intentionally insubordinate with no RP reason to do so, I would ahelp about it as it is a rule break. If the MPs are new, I would have the SEA explain to them how ML and SOP works.

Insubordinate Command is very common to happen. It generally happens when command staff's orders conflict and contradict the CO's. Kleiner would simply deal with it diplomatically and not take it to seriously. However, if command staff are being intentionally insubordinate as a mean to undermine or countermand my orders, I would order the MPs to handle it. If the command staff were new, I would have the SEA to learn them.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
A Commander is the brain and the heart of the vessel and the operation he is commanding.
The Commander MUST coordinate, give orders, command and lead his men to victory.
A Commander has to make sure the ship is being well manned by good departments and grant the safety of all the crew onboard the vessel.

OOCly, a Commander role requires the player to roleplay at all times. The Commander role is the most important in the game, and such is the most that require the player to be responsible and NEVER LRP once.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
I would personally like overwatch consoles for the CO and the XO that act like a normal overwatch console except that it displays all squads and all marines present.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
My timeline is GMT-3. I currently have a lot of work to do but I am active for several hours.
I would like to enhance the CIC experience for players and also provide new game strategies that flow during all rounds that I participate in.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QQ9sImzs4LLJa376g2nUzWWLnGhXg9GqQ9-S4lkHNpA/edit?usp=sharing

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
Yes

diedsniper
03-17-2020, 06:47 PM
You’ve done enough XO, and carried ops after I died enough for me to +1

Memesky
03-17-2020, 08:13 PM
I will likely support this application but I have a question first,

You ended up making a second captain application almost 30 minutes later, what happened here?

Victor Kleiner
03-17-2020, 08:17 PM
I will likely support this application but I have a question first,

You ended up making a second captain application almost 30 minutes later, what happened here?

While I was editing my whitelist, I acidentally posted it twice unknowingly.
I would ignore the first application that I posted minutes before.

Memesky
03-17-2020, 09:28 PM
Sure then, I have seen you a lot and I believe you will do well in this role

+1

smov
03-17-2020, 11:03 PM
In which situations do you believe pardonning someone is reasonable ?

Victor Kleiner
03-18-2020, 01:38 AM
I believe that a pardon should be reasonable if that person was later found innocent of their crimes with evidence or if they are important to the successes of the operation and were brigged in for minimal charges and some major charges.
I would prefer to NOT pardon resisting arrest charges unless it is proven otherwise. If someone is innocent, they shouldn't resist their arrest as they can appeal to be proven innocent later in the Brig.
ICly, Captain Viktor Kleiner hardly pardons major crimes unless the accused is innocent with evidence. Kleiner does not want to be in trouble for pardonning someone and later find out that the accused commited more crimes.

FortyPercent
03-18-2020, 11:49 AM
I could've sworn you already had the whitelist from what I've seen of you in game.

+1

Me_Bigsnail
03-18-2020, 01:38 PM
Can vouch you are competent in other departments and CIC, regarding pardon question I see nothing wrong with it

+1

Victor Kleiner
03-19-2020, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the support, everyone! I always try to perform perfectly in every role I play. Feedback is always welcome! ;)

Novacti
03-19-2020, 03:24 AM
I've heard some Dchat rumours and other chatter regarding you. They were negative. However, the responses to this application seem to state otherwise.

Your answers are good and story acceptable.

Please answer the following questions before I come to a conclusion:
1. What would you do if you discovered that one of your SOs was a spy?
2. Delta riots over their SL getting arrested. How do you respond.
3. If most of Delta is arrested and they are appealing for a mass pardon, under what circumstances would you approve?

Victor Kleiner
03-19-2020, 04:21 AM
1. If I discovered that my SO was a spy, (assuming that I have real evidence that supports my claims) I would firstly contact the MP department about it and present evidence that proves that the SO is indeed a spy. I would order his arrest on the charges of sedition. Everyone onboard the Almayer is bound to Marine Law even if they are not a marine. Engaging in actions that have the intent to disrupt or overthrow the legitimate command that a CO has over his vessel or operation is unlawful and is frowned upon.
After arresting the spy, I would contact HIGHCOM about the issue and await further orders.

2. If Delta is rioting over their SL getting arrested, I would firstly try to calm them down and head to the Brig to immediately hear out the SL and the arresting officer about what happened. I wouldn't like a whole squad rioting and getting rowdy as initial deployment is delayed because of that. I would hand out an appeal about the SL's charges and decide whether or not I should accept it. It would highly depend on his charges. If they were minor or incorrectly assigned charges, I would accept the appeal and relieve the SL of the charge he was appealing to.
I would consider a pardon for the sake of the operation if his charges were minimal or wrongfully applied to by the MPs. This is very situational as I would analyze the SL's behavior and make sure he would not commit any crimes after being pardonned.

3. I would approve the pardons under the circumstances that:

3 A. The charges were wrongfully applied to by MPs.

3 B. The charges were not capital crimes and not serious major crimes such as kidnapping.

3 C. They were later proven innocent with evidence as the MPs conduct an investigation about the charges.

3 D. If the Almayer is currently on code red or code delta.

3 E. If I made sure that they would not cause more trouble after being pardonned. Such as analyzing their behavior and their original charges.

These are all the answers that I have. I have judged all questions based on ML and SOP and situational scenarios that might occur in-game.

ScreamingIdiot
03-19-2020, 02:02 PM
App checks out, community support is good, and answers are up to snuff. +1

Enyonggg
03-19-2020, 03:57 PM
You’re a good player that offer some twist and roleplay to rounds. I’ve had you as an Acting XO under my command as well as seen you XO in multiple occasion.

I have to say you’re a good XO. You know when to make announcements, how to relay information on time and so on. I suppose you will also learn more tricks, tips and strategies over time.

However I would like to see you more assertive and confident as a Commander, with a more reserved or down to earth roleplay in mind. I do hold some consideration for you.

I wish you best of luck with your application. +1

Doctor Compy
03-19-2020, 06:34 PM
Does hell of a job as my OW. Though I can't say from SL perspective in recent times as I'm takin a break, as Engie and PFC unga you did fairly well from what I recall recently and in the past when I was SL you did well then.

+1 from me.

Novacti
03-19-2020, 10:25 PM
I am satisfied with your answers. Coupled with the good community support and acceptable initial application, I will be leaving a
+1

Victor Kleiner
03-20-2020, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the support, everyone! I am looking forward to this whitelist and add more fun and heavy roleplay to command roles.

Fortelian
03-21-2020, 02:07 AM
Viktor is a pretty cool dude, he knows how to XO and stuff and his app is good so I must...

+1

smov
03-21-2020, 02:22 AM
I totally did not spend the entire round you played under crimson creeping you as an observer.

Well I've seen you other times and this one was no different. You knew what you were doing, asked countless times for reports and you were clear on your orders.

Hope you got used to the CO beret, because you will be using it a lot more times.

+1

Victor Kleiner
03-21-2020, 02:34 AM
Thank you. I will definitely get used to the CO beret and carry all the responsibitilities that it weighs. I look forward to lead the marines again with my trustworthy beret as I give them orders in Briefing.

Doctorprobe69
03-21-2020, 06:32 PM
I can support this app, you've shown that you get a better understanding on Command as a whole. Also I've seen you in-game multiple times as SO. You can lead the men effectively. +1

solidfury7
03-21-2020, 06:44 PM
Good XO, managed to handle leading an operation solo to the point I didn't really have any reason to keep an eye on his progress.

He will be a fine addition to the whitelist.

Snooper44
03-22-2020, 08:03 AM
I have seen you in many roles, including that of MP and CMP. I believe you fully understand the responsibility you have to the vessel and operation as a Captain. I know you are well aware of the do and do nots of involving yourself in marine law which is vital as 90% of the time internal issues occur due to mismanagement of the law department. You have also shown you are not in any way a low-RP minge but rather someone who fosters and atmosphere and desires to go beyond what mechanics position us at within CM13.

I look forward to seeing you in the Captain's chair, good luck and may you have many Marine Majors.

+1

Victor Kleiner
03-22-2020, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the responses, everyone!
It's just as snooper and Enyonggg said. I like to roleplay my character's emotions and most importantly his interactions with other people.
I like to offer roleplaying opportunities to the round and other players. I'm not a shitter but I really like to spice things up so the round is more fun and less generic than the usual.

Jamesthebond
03-25-2020, 09:01 PM
competent in all Departments ive seen as XO and SEA i can give a + 1

Victor Kleiner
03-25-2020, 09:44 PM
competent in all Departments ive seen as XO and SEA i can give a + 1

Danke, Herr Jamesthebond! I really like to roleplay with you!

Jamesthebond
03-25-2020, 10:37 PM
Thanks you do provide amazing role play and sorry if my ship side inspections as SEA bother you i have nothing else to do in my spare time as SEA

Critilius
03-26-2020, 12:57 AM
Give this man his Whitelist already +1

Victor Kleiner
03-26-2020, 01:29 AM

Danke for the reply, Cooper! I really like to serve under you as XO!

Grimreaperx15
03-27-2020, 08:56 PM
This dude did a fantastic job in an event I ran, excellent roleplay. I can't speak for anything else, but he did a fantastic job and should have no issues maintaining RP standards. +1

Ula Cosmos
03-27-2020, 11:18 PM
+1 seen viktor enough in support roles such as SO and XO to say yes.

Victor Kleiner
03-28-2020, 01:50 AM
Danke for the replies, Ula and Grim!

Nwd72
03-29-2020, 08:08 AM
Can't say much else other than what has already been said, but I've had 'em do great the times I've seen him XO, or had him XO under me. +1

Victor Kleiner
03-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Can't say much else other than what has already been said, but I've had 'em do great the times I've seen him XO, or had him XO under me. +1

Thanks!

Victor Kleiner
04-03-2020, 11:19 PM
I would like to thank everyone for the support in my whitelist. Any feedback is appreciated as I always try to improve my roleplaying skills and tips for tactics.
I have been grinding XO since then and I have been told to try for a CO whitelist which I always looked to back then. Again, I thank everyone that supported me in this whitelist.

Swagbag
04-06-2020, 10:51 PM
Annoying IC German voice accent aside, Victor has made a good application, a story with effort, and responded with at least decent answers to everything.

+1

Victor Kleiner
04-06-2020, 11:31 PM
Annoying IC German voice accent aside, Victor has made a good application, a story with effort, and responded with at least decent answers to everything.

+1

Danke! I can't help with the annoying IC german accent, haha.

Frans_Feiffer
04-07-2020, 07:58 PM

Ok, alright, we can do that, but I'm gonna need you to say PLEASE next time.

You have community support and the majority of the Council +1ing this application. I don't have any gripes with the app or your performance, so I think it's only fair this application is accepted. Your perms will be updated shortly.

Bancrose
04-08-2020, 05:26 AM
Your ingame and forum perms have been updated. Welcome Captain.