View Full Version : Accepted Doctor Compy - Commander Application

Doctor Compy
03-19-2020, 04:24 PM
Commander Whitelist Application
Byond ID?
Doctor Compy

Player Name You Use Most?
Madeline "Compy" Czech

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthread.php?3855-Doctor-Compy-Moderator-Application (Moderator Accepted)

https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthread.php?3372-Doctor-Compy-Moderator-Application (Moderator Denied)

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
Nahh

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
BE is used to remove a player permanently from the round which I hope to not be using often. Should only be used if there is no other way to handle the situation and the person being BE'd is a major threat to the USS Almayer.

I'd use the BE in few situations, one would be that we're being boarded and MPs can't afford the time nor man power to detain the marine and if they're a major threat to the USS Almayer.

BE is issued by WL'd Captains that pose a threat to their command on the spot. Where as a regular execution is issued by both the XO and CMP or CO in MP custody to those who've committed capital crimes mainly.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
She believes in high morale and use of every tool available in their disposal. Czech prefers to lead the operation from the ground to boost morale and ensure that all pushes, flanks, and the rare retreats are all executed with 100% precision.

Req - Figure out why they're being insubordinate and try to solve whatever the problem may be. If the problem cannot be fixed have the MPs detain them and hope that a little time in the brig will solve it. If needed send down an officer to handle req.

Engineering - As said before if the problem can't be solved as before detain and hope that the brig will clear it up and set up the engines myself if needed. Also frequently check up on them to ensure that no malfunctions or power-outages happen during the operation.

MP - First make sure they aren't breaking ML and require OOC assistance. If not deputize an officer and have the MPs detained and if it's the CMP being insubordinate fax HC and demote them.

Command - Oh god oh fuck. Speak with the officer(s) in fault and give them a chance to get on track or face severe consequences, for as an officer aboard the USS Almayer it is their duty to ensure majority of the marines make it back home to their families and that the enemy is dealt with.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
Ensure the round is enjoyable for most of the players but at the same time upholding the burdensome duties of command and doing everything in your power to bring marines to victory.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
Bigger sword.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
Large understanding of SL and groundside operations. Put enjoyment of everyone else before myself.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
10 years prior to joining the USCM, Madeline Compsognathus Czech was a pirate typically in-charge of ship boardings as she is well trained in hand to hand combat and fast at decision making. Well into her career she's performed multiple successful boarding sessions and was well known for her cunning traps she'd pull out of thin air.

During her time amongst the pirates she made a good friend who had her back on many occasions which were life threatening most of the time. She'd always make a fuss about how he always would carry around his sword but no matter what she did he'd refuse to use any other weapon.

Unfortunately during a boarding session it was found that the ship was under UPP control and the pirates were easily overwhelmed by the communist force. During the short but brutal battle Madeline lost her firearms and was holding out on her ship's evacuation shuttle waiting for the engines to warm up with the few remaining pirates.

Madeline's friend gave her the sword he so loved and put the lives of others before himself to shut down the ship AA weapon systems so the remaining pirates had a chance to escape. Since then, she has carried the sword with her at all times with a pure resolve to end the UPP's foot hold in the galaxy.

After going through the officer academy to join the USCM she was soon promoted to the rank of Captain thanks to her expertise in ship to ship combat. She's now the CO aboard the USS Almayer returning back to a USCM outpost to refit her ship after having a successful but costly battle with a UPP ship. Upon returning she is met with a distress beacon on a W-Y Colony........

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
Yes

Ula Cosmos
03-19-2020, 04:26 PM
a pirate i like it +1 frens.

Doctorprobe69
03-19-2020, 05:26 PM
I love the quirk, a pirate would be something that for sure would inspire the troops. I know that you are more than competent for the role, and am incredibly happy to finally see the app up. You’ve spent a long time making a name for yourself in game, that’s something that myself and othe Captains should appreciate. Your dedication to the game and community is what’s inclining me to +1 this app.

FortyPercent
03-19-2020, 07:03 PM
That’s a great quirk. And the rest of the app is good as well.

Now, I don’t think I have ever seen you on CIC. Or at least do not recall you. But given how long you’ve been active in the game and community, that you are active staff and that Fritz apparently knows you by reputation, I’m inclined to believe that’s not going to be a problem.

+1

Me_Bigsnail
03-19-2020, 07:15 PM
Everything said, I did it for the bigger gun, you did it for the bigger sword, maybe other WL will pick on the BE answers so maybe round them up a little for me?

+1

Memesky
03-19-2020, 07:21 PM
Yeah +1

Doctor Compy
03-19-2020, 07:59 PM
Thank you for the support!

As for not being seen in CIC that often, I used to play XO a LOT in 2018 but after playin SL for awhile I became attached to it and since then played only SL. I am more than competent and familiar with how all departments operate and I've played XO a few times recently and 2 of them was without a CO and 0-1 SOs. It's just that I prefer to lead groundside operations but if needed I wont hesitate to take up a desk job to ensure a marine victory.

Doctor Compy
03-19-2020, 08:05 PM
Also if the council so desires I can role XO tonight (GMT -5) and if they allow it I'll role SL instead.

Victor Kleiner
03-19-2020, 08:43 PM
I have seen you play as a SL and XO alot. You're competent in both roles and you are a well known player.
You know how to lead the marines to sucessfull pushes and eventually to victories that might seem hard for others.
It's a +1 from me.

diedsniper
03-19-2020, 11:19 PM
Only fair I +1 seen you play SL enough(dead too)

Novacti
03-20-2020, 01:07 AM
Your BE answer is lacklustre, being much too generalized and not fully moulding into the proper definition and use of a BE, you have not given any examples that explicitly bring out what a BE entails.

Your story and quirk are interesting, however it is quite short and has shown a lack of effort, much like your overall application. You may feel that you've put effort into it, however, I personally feel the answers to all the questions could and should be extended and exemplified much more than they are currently.

You have decent community support, some saying that you are competent at command.

I will be
NEUTRAL
Until I observe you in action.

Doctor Compy
03-20-2020, 02:52 AM
Your BE answer is lacklustre, being much too generalized and not fully moulding into the proper definition and use of a BE, you have not given any examples that explicitly bring out what a BE entails.

Your story and quirk are interesting, however it is quite short and has shown a lack of effort, much like your overall application. You may feel that you've put effort into it, however, I personally feel the answers to all the questions could and should be extended and exemplified much more than they are currently.

You have decent community support, some saying that you are competent at command.

I will be
NEUTRAL
Until I observe you in action.

Thank you for commenting on the app!

The reason for the answers being rather short is the fact that there is so much that can happen and context is everything I can't write everything down, so I just covered the minor bits and if brought up with a specific event I will go into full detail on that.

I honestly have no writing skills and this took all my brain power to put together. I'm fine in-game and have no problems RPing but writing long and interesting stories is just not in my reach.

I will be playing a round or two of XO tomorrow depending how long the first round is at about 16:00 GMT -5, if you wish to observe.

Enyonggg
03-20-2020, 02:59 AM
"Don't let the short application distract you from the fact that this is an amazing player in game." However, I'm gonna stay Neutral. Your application is fine and direct to the point, and shows you put thought into your answers. Seen you in game quite a bit as well, and you're not bad. As for the rest of the round, you're not bad at commanding for sure especially I see you roll being a Squad leader! Not once but a lot! and I'd say you do decent at keeping the Ungas in check, as well as multi-tasking. Before I make my decision though, I'd like to see what others have to say. I may not be part of the CO Council, but I review the applications seriously and fairly. If I can think of any, I might make a few scenarios for you later on. But other then that, good luck, and here's to seeing you amongst the ranks of Commanders.

And of course, I won't be suprised if this is accepted. Good luck!

captainyankee
03-20-2020, 05:13 AM
Alright "Compy". if that is your real name. I'll tell you the same thing I told Pierce Jackson. You may have the chutzpah and grit needed to lead marines. You may know the roles required and the strategies to succeed. You may have the name recognition we all know is secretly a requirement to pass these applications. But can you perform one of the most vital and rare tasks that a CO may be called upon to perform? You know what I'm talking about. Post your preferred Smartgun loadout so we know you're cut from the cloth of heroes.
+1 Providing you have the SG Chops.

Doctor Compy
03-20-2020, 06:11 AM
I appreciate your guy's support!

As for your question Shriver, no gun....only machete....

Just L
03-20-2020, 02:01 PM
Compy is based and one of the few people who actually tries to roleplay when they get the downtime/chance to do so. You'd be fun as a CO, though I usually see you as a squad medic or engie instead of SL.

Doctor Compy
03-20-2020, 02:53 PM
Compy is based and one of the few people who actually tries to roleplay when they get the downtime/chance to do so. You'd be fun as a CO, though I usually see you as a squad medic or engie instead of SL.

It is quite unusual that you've seen more more as medic than SL as I haven't played Medic in ages. I pick Squad Engineer, XO, and CMO if I miss round start and SL isn't available.

Just L
03-20-2020, 05:10 PM

It is quite unusual that you've seen more more as medic than SL as I haven't played Medic in ages. I pick Squad Engineer, XO, and CMO if I miss round start and SL isn't available.

Yeah I think it's because I usually end up taking your SL slot, ahah.
And that's what I meant by squad medic OR engie. I do the same usually, though squad engie is kinda boring now since it takes forever to build cades and most squads don't understand how to work with an aggressive engineer.

Either way I hope you get CO.

smov
03-20-2020, 06:11 PM
I know that you can lead a squad .... but the question is, can you lead 4 squads plus all shipside and the rest of groundside crew ?

As Novacti said, your app doesn't show me you've put much effort into it. I also haven't seen you playing SO / XO, and most of the Community is vouching for you due to your SL gameplay. Despite we highly take into account SL mechanics, we also expect our applicants to understand that Command is a bit different from playing SL, so that is why we recommend you all play SO / XO, and gain some experience at it, until applying.

Now I ll ask you some question, so we know how you would handle these situations if you were the CO.

1 - Aparently, one of your POs (You have normandy PO), has been launching the Alamo up and down via the Pilot's Bubble in the middle of the hangar. You go down to the hangar, to speak with the pilot and besides telling you that he is doing his job, he tells you to fuck off. You have some CIC staff, and no MP crew. What would you do ?

2 - Charlie spec got arrested for DASO for saying: " Fuck you CO", when you were giving briefing orders, while bravo spec got arrested for tresspassing into the req, to grab some nades, and they are both asking you to pardon them. What would you do ?

That will be all, please try to play more XO in the upcoming days.
Good luck !

Doctor Compy
03-20-2020, 07:55 PM
1. Why yes he is still doing his job but he'd be MUCH more useful either on the Alamo or Planetside helping with medical, intel, and req. I'd inform them to either launch the Alamo from the ground or from the Alamo itself or be charged with DASO and Insubordination. If they choose to listen to my orders I'd let them be but if they A) Insult me again B) refuse overall I'd arrest them myself and deputize an SO to watch over them.

2. Just because you get a big ass gun doesn't make you immune to the law. Acting as if these happened during/around the same time during briefing I'd deny their appeals as the groundside OP shouldn't be met with heavy resistance. But if they are needed I'd pardon the Bravo Spec's charges and not the Charlie's as Bravo Spec would be stealing to assist the marines where as Charlie Spec is just insulting me.

I am more than capable of leading the entire operation and I'm still quite familiar with command as I still play XO here and there when I end up rolling it. So I have plenty of experience in ML, Command Structure, and organizing marines but I will still play XO in the coming days to show you. Tomorrow at around noon GMT -5 I'll be rolling XO. Also maybe tonight I'll roll it if I have time.

Snooper44
03-22-2020, 08:09 AM
Your story is not long, however that is not what matters. What matters to me is you continue to play a character that you enjoy and have a set of values installed within. I firmly believe from the times I have experienced your character that you are fully abiding by just that.

I have seen you in the command chair and most often in Bravo. I have no doubt you will serve as a fine Captain aboard the Almayer and certainly look forward to you taking up the role. Just remember with regards to you positions on MPs, they are your best friends and will stand by your side always. If for whatever reason they are acting against you it is a strictly OOC issue and should be AHelped.

+1

Doctor Compy
03-23-2020, 03:28 AM
Thank you Snooper!

It means a lot to me that you've seen me in CIC and thank you for clearing the MP ordeal up.

Fortelian
03-23-2020, 03:31 AM
I liked your answers to smov's questions, but your BE answer is short. Could you give me two examples were you would BE someone? I am definitely leaning to +1 this. Also try to play CMP more if you can (unless you do) it is really good for mastering marine law, something that COs should know.

Doctor Compy
03-23-2020, 05:06 AM
I liked your answers to smov's questions, but your BE answer is short. Could you give me two examples were you would BE someone? I am definitely leaning to +1 this. Also try to play CMP more if you can (unless you do) it is really good for mastering marine law, something that COs should know.

I'm well in-tuned with ML because as Moderator we need to have an understanding of it and I deal with a lot of rule breaks regarding it.

As for the BE answer.
1) SL nobody is threatening to launch the evacuation early endangering all marines that are making their way back to the DS.

2) SO nobody has sabotaged multiple areas of the operation and is about to/already has launched an OB on the marines.

Swagbag
03-24-2020, 10:25 PM
I'd be inclined to +1 this in different circumstances, but the circumstances I decided have made me decide to -1 this.

Compared to other applications this is a relatively low effort application and I haven't seen or heard of you being in the CIC much at all. Trust me, you'll need XO practice for CO, having SL experience helps for sure, but actually playing XO and SO (at least recently) is what matters the most. I can't gauge your command skills just based off community support that mainly focuses on you being a Squad Leader, even if you played XO supposedly a lot in 2018.

Once again, main reason is a relatively low effort application.

Doctor Compy
03-25-2020, 12:09 AM
Snip

Ahh that sucks a bit. I can understand yer point of view but part of the community has said I'm competent in CIC and I do apologize for the "low effort" application, mainly due to having little context and such open ended questions.

Anyways thank you for commenting!

Fortelian
03-25-2020, 02:45 AM
I liked the BE answers you gave me, and I think all you need to do is play XO a bit more. Regardless, I will have to...

+1

ChengChan
03-25-2020, 08:11 AM
I'd be inclined to +1 this in different circumstances, but the circumstances I decided have made me decide to -1 this.

Compared to other applications this is a relatively low effort application and I haven't seen or heard of you being in the CIC much at all. Trust me, you'll need XO practice for CO, having SL experience helps for sure, but actually playing XO and SO (at least recently) is what matters the most. I can't gauge your command skills just based off community support that mainly focuses on you being a Squad Leader, even if you played XO supposedly a lot in 2018.

Once again, main reason is a relatively low effort application.

Rigga is right and SL is also different from Command role. I'm going to -1.

Bancrose
03-25-2020, 09:37 AM
Under normal circumstances I'd refrain from commenting on these unless I am certain on my stance or opinion. But I will let this sit for a week, I would like to see you play some more XO or SO to convince the other council members that you have the macro understanding of commanding as opposed to the micro of just running a singular squad.

Me_Bigsnail
03-25-2020, 06:12 PM
Just played with Compy as their CO, honestly they pulled off victory from the jaws of defeat during my stay.

Marine forces were pinned down by xenos at FOB, but compy's quick thinking bought us time by rallying around cryo troops in a decisive back and forth between alamo PO, as the latter were skeptical going up as FOB was collapsing.

Later on cryo troops and marine troops, again by XO initiative and then executed by their SLs began to perform a counter offensive raining down mortars and OB on xenos.

It takes a lot of confidence to do these kinds of calls and in all honesty I am 100% secure Compy is ready to be a CO.

I know I have +1 this already, BUT I AM DOING IT AGAIN

+1

Jamesthebond
03-25-2020, 10:48 PM
The application is fair ive only seen you play XO once and squad leader a few times even if some of those times was a year or two ago but when i was playing as SEA and spectated you in the operation i can make you out for being confident and and trusting in you decision +1

Doctor Compy
03-26-2020, 02:44 AM
Just played with Compy as their CO, honestly they pulled off victory from the jaws of defeat during my stay.

Marine forces were pinned down by xenos at FOB, but compy's quick thinking bought us time by rallying around cryo troops in a decisive back and forth between alamo PO, as the latter were skeptical going up as FOB was collapsing.

Later on cryo troops and marine troops, again by XO initiative and then executed by their SLs began to perform a counter offensive raining down mortars and OB on xenos.

It takes a lot of confidence to do these kinds of calls and in all honesty I am 100% secure Compy is ready to be a CO.

I know I have +1 this already, BUT I AM DOING IT AGAIN

+1

Thank you for letting me lead the operation myself (even if you came near the end).

I hope that a few others saw/participated in this round and hopefully upcoming rounds of myself in CIC. I am fully capable of leading multiple squads at once and I've only made one mistake so far which was looking at the wrong LZ for CORSAT and sent the squads to the wrong biodomes. (Probably got a few, killed sorry for that).

Doctor Compy
03-26-2020, 02:45 AM
The application is fair ive only seen you play XO once and squad leader a few times even if some of those times was a year or two ago but when i was playing as SEA and spectated you in the operation i can make you out for being confident and and trusting in you decision +1

Thank you for the kind words. Always nice to see my boomer rounds are still remember.

ScreamingIdiot
03-29-2020, 06:20 PM
I've seen you as XO recently, and you did a good job. Since community support is good as well, I think this makes up for the rather short app. I'll +1 this.

smov
03-31-2020, 09:24 AM
Very well I will be straight honest here. If I mainly judged willingness to play the role and it's enjoyability I would probably -1 this, since I don't believe you want to play the role that much and instead, it seems to me you only want to add it to your WL count, which is fair too.
However, I mainly judge IG gameplay and general knowledge of command, and you sir seem you understand what you are doing, despite minor fuckups - I ll ignore the fact that you confused the LZs xD - , but on a serious note I know that you can lead and .... yeah that is pretty much what the CO role requires, and my judgement over your app will be no different.

Also try not to give atitude if for example, an admiral or Higher up comes on board in case you are playing CO... Just to avoid a possible mess.

With that being said, I'll +1 this.

Good luck !

Doctor Compy
03-31-2020, 01:34 PM
Thank you both for the support!

FGRSentinel
04-02-2020, 11:55 PM
I'm going to lean on the side of Screaming and Smov on this. +1 and good luck.

Frans_Feiffer
04-07-2020, 07:43 PM
Arrgh it is I, your Captain speaking. Tis' be that time again.

Apologies for the delay. You have support from the community and enough +1s from the Council to have this accepted. I've played along side you enough as well to know that you have what it takes to command. But I am OFFENDED by this application. You better be ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR from the START once you have your Whitelist or I SWEAR.

Accepted, your perms will be updated shortly, Captain.