Byond ID?
Doctorprobe69

CM Character?
Hunter 'Fritz' Polonoski

Are you 16 or older?
Yes

Timezone
Eastern Standard Time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
12 - 20 hours, give or take

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
Once tried it out on a Smaller SS13 server that never really took off. I'm curently a Mentor if that helps?

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
I used to play Drymouth Gulch and bit, as well as Beestation. But not really any more.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthread.php?4188-Doctorprobe69-Moderator-Application - Denied

https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...er-Application - accepted

https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...ja-Application - accepted

https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...er-Application - accepted

https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...ja-Application - Denied

https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...ic-Application - Denied

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
I'm not a staff member elsewhere.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
Yes.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
I would PM the player to see their side of the story. Then PM the person who was shot. I would check back on the logs to determine who started the conflict and the possible reasons why, as well as the players previous history. If it were accidental I would let them off with a warning and a possible note, if it were on purpose I would give a ban and note.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
I would tell them to get into touch with the WL council and create a player report if they feel a rule was violated. I would give them the name of the pred and offer logs in the report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
I would PM them a link to the marine quickstart guide, as well as message a mentor to offer them support. I would check to see if an SEA is available to assist them.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
I'm the Moderator that has chosen to deal with, so I will be the one to take care of it. I would ask them to settle down and take a breather. If he persists I would mute them from Ahelps.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
I would PM them to change their name next round, as well as check note history to see if this is their first offence or not. If it isn't I would leave a ban or second warning. If it is, I would just give a warning/note.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
I would deem this as an IC issue and let the MP's handle it, I would however check to make sure this is not going to persist into rule break 6.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
Hostile survivors are not allowed at the moment and is even displayed as you enter the game. INGORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE. This would be the players own fault. If they were apologetic and own up to it, I would leave a warning and a note. If they were rude about it and neglecting, I would give a J-Bann and possibly a timed ban if necessary.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
I would PM the MP to ensure they know Marine Law, then check over note history. I would also investigate the logs to determine if anything else happened that I didn't know about. I would then determine if a punishment would be necessary. Most likely a J-Bann, and of course make them release the prisoner from the brig.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would use the Queen Mother to reach out the Xenos to do a final push and end the pain it has caused me. I would then subtle message the aCO to get the marines to spread out and look for the final aliens.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
I would send an Ahelp to another admin about what I have been witnessing, as I cannot handle my own issues. As handling it would be unfair and unjust.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
I would tell the CLF that it's not EORG as it only applies to members of the same faction, and due to the fact that they are already ENEMIES with one another. I would also send a link to the ERT's on the Wiki.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
I would tell them to handle it IC most likely, letting the MP's take over the case. However if it got to a worse point; I would have to step in and try to talk some sense into the Marine. I would issue a griefing ban if they have bad past note history.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
I would message both involved and check to see if they followed proper escalation procedures. If they didn't I would Aheal the dead marine, and possibly give a ban to the Murderer on past note history. If it was handled well with RP I would allow it to be handled IC.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
I would message the other staff about the current situation happening, and then MOOC the Marines to Ahelp first about the mutiny. If they don't listen and persist, I would sleep them all; allowing myself to deal out proper punishments at the time. If they didn't know I would give a link on the wiki and warn the mutineers.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
Minor Racism is okay, I would tell the person to try and tune it out if it offends them, but if it gets worse to message me again if needed.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
Instant Ban for griefing. I would give a possible 3 day ban, and if notes are just as bad; I would file for a pending permaban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
If they were intentionally doing such, I would look off past notes and give them a Jbann. If not intentional, I would just leave a warning to be more careful; as it generally ticks people off.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
This is LRP, I would PM them to settle down and take things more serious. I would then write a small note, and check previous notes to determine if a punishment will be needed.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
I'm pretty sure calling it Dropship in Hivemind is fine, as its already, mostly a direct translation from English. I would deem it an IC issue and let them settle it amongst themselves.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
I would PM the player saying that we know about the Xenomorphs, but that their not on the planet. This is most likely a mistake, I would just give a warning, but possibly leave a note if this is repeated from the past.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
If the RP was handled well, I would just deem it an IC issue. However, seeing if it were not, I would have to roll out a ban if I deem it as an improper escalation on the marines part.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
It doesn't bother me when people do this, I just learn to tune it out. However, I have to show them that is not acceptable behaviour on the server. I would PM another Moderator to deal with my issue, as I don't want to interfere with being biased. Otherwise I would just PM them to chill out and take it easy.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
This is an IC issue, the game doesn't have to stop for you. I would tell him that he should try to make an effort to go to a somewhat safe area if having connection issues.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
I would PM the staff member to ask them about the reasoning behind their choice, as well as see if it's really warranted. If it was clearly a biased decision based on nepotism, I would have to file a staff report or talk to a manager about the issue in depth.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
I would try and stay out of it, mainly trying to get them to settle down and talk it out like adults. It's not my Ahelp to begin with, so I cannot help with it anyways.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I want to become a Moderator because I mainly want to help the community on the next level. I've played here for years now, and I just want to give my part back. I want to also help out more with players, ensuring that everyone has a fun experience.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
In my opinion I would say Patience. Being a mod, you deal with tons of issues; with many of whom being exited, and angry. You have to know how to be able to handle it in a professional manner, and maintain a higher level of all together respect.

Anything else you
Sometimes I get busy with work and usually wont be able to play until later in the night. This varies however by the week. All in all, my time can range quite highly.

bobatnight
03-22-2020, 05:42 AM
You can change a player name in the current round if theirs isn't appropriate.

As far as the evacuation pods, due to the nature of the situation that's actually allowed to be done.

Your answers are for the most part good and you're pleasant to deal with in my experience.

+1

Memesky
03-22-2020, 04:06 PM
Your answers are fine and you are a pretty cool dude, I believe you will make a fine addition to the team.

+1

Big Cheeks
03-22-2020, 06:05 PM
Active player and answers are up to standard I don't mind leaving a +1

Doctor Compy
03-23-2020, 12:42 AM
All has been said, +1 from me friend!

Novacti
03-23-2020, 08:09 AM
Very active on discord. Regarding your in-game behaviour, your most recent note is somewhat concerning, but I think it can be overlooked. Answers are acceptable, with a few exceptions outlined by Bobat.

I would like to see you on trial.
+1

50RemAndCounting
03-24-2020, 09:54 AM
Well written and mostly correct answers, you're a good and active player and I don't see a reason not to give you a trial.

+1

Tharinoma
03-30-2020, 03:33 AM
Hello Doctorprobe69,

Weren't you permabanned a few months ago? Do you see this as a valid reason to deny your application, and what can you tell us to convince us not to?

I would PM the player saying that we know about the Xenomorphs, but that their not on the planet. This is most likely a mistake, I would just give a warning, but possibly leave a note if this is repeated from the past.
How will you know this is "repeated from the past" if you don't note it the first time?

Doctorprobe69
03-30-2020, 06:24 AM
I was Permabanned a very long time ago, and I believe that you could talk to anyone here about me and they would have nothing bad to say about my behaviour moving forward. So no I see this not as a valid reason to deny my application.

As for my answer I should have perhaps expanded on saying that I would have checked the past note history of previous offences, then apply the necessary warning and note again. However if it was clear the player didn’t care, and simply just doesn’t pay attention, a ban may be necessary.

Frozentsbgg
03-30-2020, 01:48 PM
Sure,
I'd be happy to see this go to a trial.
+1

AcuteCircle
04-05-2020, 11:28 PM
Meant to +1 this earlier

Grimreaperx15
04-08-2020, 02:34 AM
I too have concerns about the permaban, namely the number of appeals it took to get it lifted. The first was denied for failing to follow basic instructions regarding appeals. You also showed a tendency to be impatient in the appeals.

Still, with that said, you really turned it around since then with only minor notes since then. I'm a bit uneasy about it due to the permaban, but I think it's worth giving you a shot.

forest2001
04-08-2020, 03:48 PM
At the end of the day, notes are our record of incidents, there are some cases where they have consequences, but their primary purpose is record keeping and not punishment.
It is recommended that everything that requires a warning or any intervention by staff be noted down so it can be referred to in the future.

While I am hesitant considering your permanent ban, you are correct it was a long time ago and you've been unbanned now for almost a year.

You have a note in february, and usually I prefer three months clean, but I'm willing to overlook it given the circumstances it was placed in.

I'm going to support this application however, as I believe any difficulties can be remedied with a trial period.

scsnv
04-11-2020, 05:49 AM
I think you've demonstrated very significant improvements since your permaban, and your answers/community support are strong enough to warrant a shot at a trial.

This application has been accepted. More details will be found in your forum inbox.