Date of Incident
    April 2, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Agatha A.W. Knebelspiess/Flux Domino

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    EconomicAirborn

Accused Character Name
    Kenneth Lance

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    12:30ishAM

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4/11?

Description of the incident:
    CMP Kenneth Lance and MW Felix 'Cash' Taylor arrested Charlie Spec Jim Miller, whom Lance targeted in another incident with a cruel and unusual execution, at roundstart.
    I understand that some things can't be ignored by MPs but Felix Taylor specifically laughed over general comms at what he had planned for Miller. Fast forward a few hours and I see Felix 'Cash' Taylor and Kenneth Lance about to execute Miller with tactical shotguns.
    While this seems normal, I genuinely believe that Taylor was going to try and dual wield the shotguns to try and hit Miller in his execution seat. It goes against RP standards and, I believe, ML to try and execute someone in this manner.

If shotgun juggling is already considered cheesy or LRP, then why are MPs, who are meant to RP, attempting to kill someone in such a manner?

The logs have since been lost to me but they can certainly be pulled with enough effort- i distinctly remember Taylor holding both shotguns, facing the tied-up Miller and saying something along the lines of, 'Wonder if I can hit him with both.'

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://imgur.com/a/sK8J84x
    Proof of both shotguns as well as Taylor's presence in the room, taken after Taylor and Lance conspired to arrest an MPC who refused to take part in said execution.

What resolution are you seeking?
    Job ban for Kenneth Lance. This is the second incident in under a few weeks of him pulling this kind of thing.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some context. The Charlie spec was the scout and started the round by cloaking, and then walking around punching each MP in the face (including two officers) laughing about it, and taunting us over comms. The laughing comment was in regards to a comment he (or another charlie) made about "mps being a joke" and my response (After catching him) about how we are certainly laughing now and how we will all laugh at the timer hes about to receive (or something to that effect, its not really worth looking into). It was a pikachu face arrest which is why I was laughing about it. Reap the whirlwind. I know nothing about a previous round arrest.

The execution itself was a chaos. In the room, all arguing, were the CMP, me (warden), the Cadet, the CL, a Synth, a SO; some other WY Executive; eventually the CO.

The CMP Was pushing for an execution, he wanted to use M37s but the CO forbade it. I was handling the appeal of the Jailbreaking with the SO who got delignated by the XO. The SO didnt understand the difference between an Appeal and a Pardon and we went in circles a while. Also there were the CL who was pushing for the spec to be sent to a prison colony. Some other WY dude who kept talking; Karen who was adding Karen things; and the Cadet was against the execution .

I was alone with both shotguns because the Cadet objected to the execution and refused to join the firing squad despite being ordered to; which is why he was arrested (and why the CMP and I were discussing it).

I didnt pick the shotguns. The CMP supplied them. But I dont see how its against RP to dual wield autoshotguns to kill a stationary guy 1 tile away; than to use one autoshotgun to do it. Not like I could miss at that range or have to reload them. Nor do I think that a shotgun execution is against Marine law. It's a firearm and the CMP announced via firing squad.

I actually went out of my way to get his appeal right; and tried to stall for more time by asking the cmp to reannounce. I disagreed with the morality of the execution but not the legality.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I am the accused.

CMP Kenneth Lance and MW Felix 'Cash' Taylor arrested Charlie Spec Jim Miller, whom Lance targeted in another incident with a cruel and unusual execution, at roundstart.
    Jim Miller was arrested at roundstart for three counts of assault on military police and resisting arrest using his M68 Thermal Cloak. This is not the first time he attempts to flee using his cloak. None of these were capital crimes.

Could you clarify how I targeted him? Are you implying that the arrest was premeditated and planned before he committed a crime? Or that he was selected as the aim of a griefing attack?

While this seems normal, I genuinely believe that Taylor was going to try and dual wield the shotguns to try and hit Miller in his execution seat. It goes against RP standards and, I believe, ML to try and execute someone in this manner.
    Under 'Executions' part of Marine Law, a firing squad is an authorised method of execution. I brought two shotguns, one for the Cadet (who was later arrested for major insubordination) and one for the Warden. I fail to see how this is an 'unusual execution'.

Could you specify what exactly you are accusing me of? Were you the victim of the supposed rule break?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was exhausted last night.

Forgot to clarify that although his original arrest was 3x assault, 1x DASO, and 1x RA. He then immediately broke stuff in the yard, was confined to his cell and charged with DTGP during confinement. Tried to break a window with a fork, was flashed and it taken, then tried to break the window with a knife; THEN shoved out of his cell, ran, cried for help, ran around the table in brig like a goofball; got tased and arrested for jailbreak.

Everyone involved (including the spec) seemed to have a blast RPing like the nerds that we are. There were long and extremely detailed conversations about marine law, arguments, appeals, forms, deals, interviews, private conversations, etc. I mean it was nearly a like 2 hour round and I don't think a single admin had to get involved at any point. Karen was Karening; The CL at one point tried to sell the prisoner as a slave to a prison colony; the prisoner was eventually turned into a synth with cardboard and then rearrested.

One of the few rounds as MP that the person arresting isnt just screaming insults in LOOC; the MPs knew the law and knew what they were doing; command bothered to do appeals; and no one blew up half the brig or rioted because of an arrest. Disappointing that a report came about it.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Economicairborn View Post
    Hello. I am the accused.

Jim Miller was arrested at roundstart for three counts of assault on military police and resisting arrest using his M68 Thermal Cloak. This is not the first time he attempts to flee using his cloak. None of these were capital crimes.

Could you clarify how I targeted him? Are you implying that the arrest was premeditated and planned before he committed a crime? Or that he was selected as the aim of a griefing attack?

Under 'Executions' part of Marine Law, a firing squad is an authorised method of execution. I brought two shotguns, one for the Cadet (who was later arrested for major insubordination) and one for the Warden. I fail to see how this is an 'unusual execution'.

Could you specify what exactly you are accusing me of? Were you the victim of the supposed rule break?
    Felix was clearly going to execute him with dual shotguns going by his statements, I fail to see how this was a proper firing squad, and no I am not the victim but it seems highly questionable to be dual wielding tactical shotguns as a 'firing line'. Most firing line executions use L42s, not tactical shotguns in both hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Felix was clearly going to execute him with dual shotguns going by his statements
    But did he execute him? No.
    Would I have allowed it? No.
    At the time, I was preoccupied with the cadet's refusal to take position as ordered, and following proper procedure as outlined in Marine Law before the execution was called off by the commanding officer.

I fail to see how this was a proper firing squad
    A proper firing squad is handled by available MP personnel and the CO if he wishes to. The Warden was the only available MP to partake in the firing squad.

and no I am not the victim but it seems highly questionable to be dual wielding tactical shotguns as a 'firing line'.
    This is against rule 6 of the player report forum rules.

Most firing line executions use L42s, not tactical shotguns in both hands.
    L42 battle rifles aren't a requirement for executions by firing squad.

I am not sure what this report is supposed to be about, I'd appreciate if you could answer the questions in my first reply.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Economicairborn View Post
    But did he execute him? No.
    Would I have allowed it? No.
    At the time, I was preoccupied with the cadet's refusal to take position as ordered, and following proper procedure as outlined in Marine Law before the execution was called off by the commanding officer.

A proper firing squad is handled by available MP personnel and the CO if he wishes to. The Warden was the only available MP to partake in the firing squad.

This is against rule 6 of the player report forum rules.

L42 battle rifles aren't a requirement for executions by firing squad.

I am not sure what this report is supposed to be about, I'd appreciate if you could answer the questions in my first reply.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I was told to make this report by a member of staff, VagabondZro79, as he agreed that it seemed a questionable method of execution. If this is against the rules, I'll ask that this report be withdrawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specifically, I was not forced to post this or anything, but I did so at the suggestion of said member of staff. I was going to post this under the M79 baton round execution's case, but VagabondZro79 encouraged me to post this on its own.