Felix [ "Cash" Taylor] #8878

Marine Name
    Felix "Cash" Taylor

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    River

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    River is a spiritualist, vegan, one with the universe, hippy.

River loves nature; River talks about natural remedies to medics that ask for custom meds; River loves to "go with the flow" when asked what he is doing; River advocates nonviolence and getting along when people are arrested; River advocates a "celebration of being" at the memorial after the marines have been wiped.

Basically River is any dude from California with long hair who talks about "breathing techniques" and hosts Yoga classes.

I want to emphasis though that I am not a full "hippy" because I will have 0 drug use or advocacy of drugs. River is more likely to recommend sunlight and "deep breathing".

River will definitely talk about Marines being vaporized in bad OBs as "being one with the sun and nature and that is beautiful".

River might get BE'ed for saying "far out" too much.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I was one of the most played synth players for a long time. There is nothing quite like it.

To be able to help everyone and also be the person that everyone is glad to see is fun.

Also I prefer to save lives over killing things. So being a noncom suits me.

And frankly as nerdy as it sounds, I miss playing it.

Synth events are second to none.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    The knights of the round table event with other synths.

A certain "human meat" event.

The time I was made "hivedaddy" synth, and stole the apc for the xenos, only for the xenos to think it was humans, destroy it, then die from an OB when I couldnt drive away.

Synthetic Character Story
    River tries to help a marine see the wonders of Tofu.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very. I have 174 hours as synth from the time it was tracked. I used to hardwire the old SMES together.

Engineering these days is sad and basic.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Good, I was put on overwatch a lot as synth. I prefer SO to anything else but I play alot of warden and mp these days so my marine law knowledge is sharp. I know how to operate all parts.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Extremely. I considered myself a "medical" synth when I still was one. After that I have more hours into doctor and medic than anything else.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very, I have filled in more than once as synth.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synths are like rattlesnakes.

Combat should be avoided, try not to be anywhere you can get caught.

If it cannot be avoided because you are cornered or you have to defend a marine, it should be to the point of driving the xeno off. So you can flee. Appear dangerous, show them the fangs, run.

Delta alert, prioritize saving marines, but kill xenos. Preferably the queen, with a knife, for style points.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I hope this statement doesn't come back to bite me... but I am coming home boys.. I'm coming home.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How have you changed since being dewhitelisted?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the quirk and story, though the potential of you going too far with the hippy stuff when it comes to drugs concerns me a bit.

What concerns me more is the question that jakk posted and what you're going to answer with.

I'll be upfront and honest, Felix the council has no ill will towards you, though we've barred you from the whitelist I promise it wasn't personal. The reason we denied you time and time again is your history, you are consistently soft-greifing, being somewhat of a shitter, etc. After we had dewhitelisted you it felt like you'd went on a crusade to paint yourself as someone whose really annoying to be around. We can't have that as a synth, breaking rules, being a shitter, soft-griefing can't fly as a robit. It taints the image of the whitelist and calls into question our standards. Yesterday you posted a staff report where the first line is "Admittedly I was being a shitter" and you describe yourself wasting a limited role. None of this is helped by you subtlely talking shit about us on occasion.

I'll ask my own questions to go along with Jakk's

1. How can we trust you to not be LRP as a synth?

2. Why do you think we dewhitelisted you, what would you do if you could go back in time and re-do your actions?

Again, none of us have anything against you or your character(irl not cm character). I'm just not entirely certain if you're trustworthy enough.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since being delisted I have found joy in other roles.

I realize now that one of the issues I was having as synth is that instead of playing marine when I wanted to act like a marine or when it was more appropriate be a marine; I just instead played nothing but synth and played sloppy. Playing when I'm not paying attention or distracted.If I want to risk my life diving to save fallen marines.. do so as a marine. Sometimes you just need to take a break.

I have also rediscovered the fun of just staying on the ship. Some of the best rounds I've had lately have been in rounds where I never even see a xeno. Some rounds I just observe and answer mnelps.

Finally I got a new graphics card and don't play as much. Less time playing means I am finding myself raging out less, as I have other things to do including games and work.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIgboyyo View Post
    I like the quirk and story, though the potential of you going too far with the hippy stuff when it comes to drugs concerns me a bit.
    To clarify again. I will be a hippy in all ways BUT drugs. I have no interest in being a synth that talks about pot. Think more naturalist tree hugger than Hippy. Nature, Yoga, and being vegan.

What concerns me more is the question that jakk posted and what you're going to answer with.

I'll be upfront and honest, Felix the council has no ill will towards you, though we've barred you from the whitelist I promise it wasn't personal. The reason we denied you time and time again is your history, you are consistently soft-greifing, being somewhat of a shitter, etc. After we had dewhitelisted you it felt like you'd went on a crusade to paint yourself as someone whose really annoying to be around. We can't have that as a synth, breaking rules, being a shitter, soft-griefing can't fly as a robit. It taints the image of the whitelist and calls into question our standards.

I am barred? I thought I was just delisted. Ouch. After I got dewhitelisted I DID go on a crusade. I felt betrayed, stabbed in the back, I lost my favorite role. I felt like years worth of play and interaction in a community counted for nothing. Hundreds of hours of a role I have played for years gone, judged by people who I watched start playing the game. This was after I was told by old councilors I would never be a councilor in a role I have passion about. It pissed me off, I raged about it, Burned bridges, and made everyone look worse off. Then when I told it was "not a big deal" and then denied over and over. I felt like I was being gaslit or toyed with.

Its been over a year since then and I am over it. Had to remove myself from the situation to get some clarity. I am sorry I flipped the fuck out. But you both know what it feels like to be betrayed on here especially when you are passionate about the role (Jakkk went out much better than I did).

I still am a silly character. I always will be. But I am not a toxic player or a bad player in this community. I was for a bit but I no longer am angry about stuff so I am not longer toxic. My notes are few and far between and usually involve something as crazy as punching my own head off. Even when I am being silly I always make sure the people involved are having fun.

I have never ever been discord banned, server banned, suspended, or job banned ever. I do not have notes about bad language or griefing other players. My notes are almost universally me doing something stupid that caused something else stupid; but not about raging or griefing people. I am one of the oldest mentors around and have maintained my mentor status for literal years. I have more posts on these forums than most staff (or both of you guys), and most of it reviewing applications or comments.

Some people have approached me to apply for staff. Maybe they are insane and maybe they say that to everyone; but I dont think I am universally known as a griefer.

Yesterday you posted a staff report where the first line is "Admittedly I was being a shitter" and you describe yourself wasting a limited role. None of this is helped by you subtlely talking shit about us on occasion.
    I was, I can admit it. I hit the SEA with a chair. When the MPs released me again and gave me back the chair labeled "Ryan basher" we were both LOOC rolling laughing. But I accidently wasted a role by punching my own head off (who knew you could DO that).

The difference between now and the past is that instead of wilding out and losing my shit and posting tons of garbage.. I just wanted the note updated to show that I didnt self grief waste a role. That it was an accident. I wish it hadnt happened but it did.

The only jokes I make about Synthcouncil anymore are that you guys banned me for being too stylish which.. no one can REALLY believe or take seriously. Like I said I am over it. If you think they do I wont anymore.

I'll ask my own questions to go along with Jakk's

1. How can we trust you to not be LRP as a synth?

2. Why do you think we dewhitelisted you, what would you do if you could go back in time and re-do your actions?

Again, none of us have anything against you or your character(irl not cm character). I'm just not entirely certain if you're trustworthy enough.
    1. I was never in trouble for years as Felix for LRP as a synth. My issues and and eventual ban resulted around me making stupid decisions or playing sloppy. Dying constantly from trying to save marine bodies. Making a stupid decision to walk through acid to talk to a queen. Etc. But no one ever criticized my lack of RP. Every single dialogue check, except for the rare few Jakkk cleared me no problem and even commented that I had some of funniest. I kept my quirk going the entire time I was a synth when others lose theirs. And this is over hundreds and hundreds of hours.

As I explained above though. I should not have played every single round as synth, endlessly. Without the variety my standards slipped, my play got sloppy, I played when I shouldn't have (tired or distracted) and I made bad decisions.

If I get the list back I will be playing synth on a rarer occasion. If I want to play risky, or silly, there are roles for it elsewhere or shit even other games.

For general overall LRPsness. I really don't want to go through this again and I am thinking of staff so.

2. I think you delisted me because although I was a competent synth, with a ton of hours, I insisted on not only skating on thin ice but jumping up and down. I broke small rules over and over again; and then made it worse by wilding out, pointing fingers, getting a mob together, and just in general tantruming. Part of it was arrogance. I was the most played, somewhat recognizable, very vocal; and thought my hours played made me more exempt to the rules than newer people. But being the most played means you set the example. Hard for yall to insist on standards when the most played synth isnt following the rules. Then made the entire list look bad by flinging shit.

If I could go back. I would have taken a break. Taken some time for the spotlight to fade, and then played synth on the occasion. Step back to get some of the clarity I have now. Played other games. Not argued with council. Not rally people against council. Definitely taken Jakkk's advice to "stop being a stupid synth". All this... drama.. over a video game. When everyone has much better things to do.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you apply a day after getting a LRP note?
    Synthetic Senator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was coincidence. I began this application and story weeks ago..I didn't intend to get the note and began my application prior to getting it.

I've waited months since my last denial and tried to get the list back for over a year.

Why shelf the entire thing for a minor note where I accidently decapitated myself by punching my own head off (something I didn't know you could even do)? I won't regret the bad luck anymore a month from now than I did after it happened. Nor now knowing you can tear your own head off, will I punch myself in the head again in custody. Even staff thought the situation was bad luck.

Though it will probably bite me.. I play how I play. I have years of silly notes. I imagine I will get more in the future. I can't promise you I won't get more notes. But I can promise you I won't get malicious notes. I've never been banned, ever, something that most synths can't say.

I'm a clown. You guys can accept that, accept it with caveats, or refuse to accept me because the whitelist is above it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a clarification to above. I am obviously willing to try to get the whitelist back. My many many appeals and effort should show that.

I am willing to try to be less silly. I already feel like I have straightened up alot of the nonsense. If I am let back in with stipulations I will try to adhere to them.

But I cannot be not silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one, am willing to believe in Felix's ability to separate the shenanigans character from the synth character.
    Personally, I feel like people who actually try and do something unique with their character instead of just being 'a marine' are rare treats.

However, I don't think the application is a great place to go silly mode. We could have gone without the silly 'rattlesnake' metaphor and the BE quips. It doesn't exactly paint the picture you'd like us to see.

I love your story. I can already picture a lot of fun interactions of River suggesting deep breathing excecises to a poor popped-lung squaddie on her operating table.

The synth WL right now is tight and curated, in my (unbiased) opinion, it's solidly earned it's slot as the best WL right now, and I'm sure you're aware of the standards expected along with that reputation.
    With that in mind, I'm dropping my +1 of faith here.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyShibata View Post
    Snip
    Thank you for your endorsement.

Interestingly you referred to River as a female. I had originally written her male. Upon some thought.. I think River being a female might play a bit better.

In the story, the marine initially takes my interest as a cute female then BLAM vegan tray.

We do not have as many female synths as male, and it would be another divide between my character mindsets.

Council, if this goes through, I may consider making a River a "flower power" female, depending on your input. (plus imagine the marines asking river if she likes women to reply something about "I do, Mother Nature is one of my favorites. Have you seen the variety of oaks that exist? I could talk for days about trees!" Then do. )