User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predators, Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predators, Thoughts?

Playing today (1:55 05/05/2022 GMT) and watching predator(s) completely destroy a round. Was also close to reporting one for not only killing important personnel, Which consisted of HPC'ing the APC when the VC's attacked it, resulting in 6 perma in the back of the APC including a working doctor and with one of the VC even surviving.... and additionally for LRP actions such as "A strange voice says, 'If you don't shoot me I will skin you'", and hunting someone who advised the marine that fighting the pred isn't worth it.

This all made the round go on for an hour+ more and seemed to me the only persons getting enjoyment out of preds this round was themselves, just 4 out of the 151 online (6%).

Additionally I've previously been ambushed by a pred, beaten to fracture and choked half to death warned "fight or die", and all I wanted to was re-arm on ammo... And of course I didn't want to die so shot worthless buckshot vs the pred and they proceeded to kill and perma me. Preds used to be fun and I'm sure its just a few as I've had good interactions lately too but I wanted non D-chat opinions on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preds are not friends

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preds are antags.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines be rollin like they working for Chris Hanson

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If marines just treated Preds like xenos, and xenos treated Preds like marines, everyone would enjoy it a lot more.

They are there to kill you. They might do some fluff beforehand, but they are going to kill you.

Also I'm the one who destroyed the APC and it fucking deserved it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preds hasn't changed that much. Besides recently getting fire resistance on their armor. If you aren't unhonorable prey, its easier to beat pred 1vs1 than to beat a warrior, or Lurker (not to mention T3s) so there is that. Find a building with lots of stuff you can shoot trough, but can't easly walk over (like tables, racks and window frames) and you aregolden.

If you really, really don't want to fight them, play medic, SL, or bravo marine in FoB.

The only two problems with preds I have is that sweaty pred players are still allowed first-contact cheapshot and that broken body parts with splints aren't considered as "damage". And by that I mean some very unrobust admin pred can just walk up to you, attack you once with one of his weapons (that already takes like 1/6 of totall marine HP) and then orders you to fight it and god forbid you heal that slash, otherwise you are unworthy and fuck you. You can also have 11 fractures and move slower than healthy marine when dragging a corpse in heavy armor, but hey, they are splinted, so its like you are fresh from first drop.
    Add this to honor code and we are golden.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    If marines just treated Preds like xenos, and xenos treated Preds like marines, everyone would enjoy it a lot more.
    Some bald marines do, but they soon learn to Kanye stare at preds butchering their battle brothers and then treat them like statues when they die alongside their whole squad to HPC invisible pred.
    Xenos very rarely do, when in defence of some other xeno, but they soon learn pred will just run away like sonic and even if whole hive will gang up on him, he will SD so they gain nothing from fighting preds.

I don't know if you and other pred players would really want it. If preds were shoot and slash on sight, they would have to be super nerfed. While honorable pred is easy to kill, pred without honor rules and with traces of robustness is able to wipe out entire side alone.
    Last edited by CABAL; 05-05-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish players didn't get their panties in a twist or tried totally-not-ERPing whenever a pred appeared on screen so I could consistently shoot at preds without worrying that I'll get FFed to death without the pred even touching me or getting blown to kingdom come by an HPC because a delta rifleman won't shut the fuck up about "predussy"
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I read from this is that marines are LRP and the APC crewmen were morons with no consideration for the others in their vehicle, leading to their deaths. What would you expect a predator to do when attacked by an APC?

A majority (not all) Of preds I see win a 1v1 will return the body to the marines, missing a limb or some of their equipment as a trophy. This isn't something they have to do, but they return the bodies anyway. I take my defeated preys right hand before returning their corpse (Assuming they weren't dishonourable) so they can come find me later and rematch with a robohand. But that isn't required by the Honour Code.

Basically just stop lrp'ing at preds and don't stand near idiots who are lrp'ing at preds, and you won't get HPC'd. If you're in an APC and it keeps getting blown up with an HPC maybe it's time to PB a crewman with your shotgun and preserve your own life

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predators are not their to be your friends guy. The ONLY reason they are there at all is to hunt both you and the xenos on the hunting grounds (the planet) that fit within their honour code. Preds can chose to be aggressive if they want its within their right as Whitelist holders. Marines should treat preds as hostile at all times because you know they are fucking human hunters that have hunted other humans before. Even if that is not enough for you i will set the scene.

The distress signal game mode is to simulate marines responding to a distress beacon from a colony. You are supposed to act like anything could be down there including xenomorphs because marines have faced off with xenos before. You DO NOT know what predators are. Only a certain few HC members and WY employees know what they are. Even the major in-charge of the almayer does not know. So you land on the colony you are checking for any signs of life. You don't find any all the colonist are gone and you see a fucking 7ft plus obviously alien humanoid with human skulls attached to its armour and pouch. I know the marines i play would not just fucking stand there and say hi to it bro like come on because at the end of the day you are not playing yourself you are playing A FUCKING MARINE NOT A PUSSY . SHOOT THE ALIEN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire argument against predators is that you don’t want to risk your round being ended when you interact (shoot/slash) preds. Just do it anyways, and get others to do so as well and then watch as the big bad pred falls down into crit and dies.