Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Predators, Thoughts?

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lampost View Post
    because you know they are fucking human hunters that have hunted other humans before
    first contact
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some are slimers
    some roleplay
    the rest are statues
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snip
    You are really at the point of blaming players for not wanting to engage a powerfull (semi-neutral) thrid party in a game without fast respawns, where you can't respawn at all as one side, or have to wait atleast 5 minutes and then wait to evolve into T1 and then possibly wait to evolve higher, where you had to spend 20 minues to gear up and drop etc.

Everyone agrees that Marine vs Xeno is the main conflict. What marines gain from engaging a single predator with multiple marines? At best they get good gear for one marine, or few barely worth using gadged for few.
    If marines should shoot them on sight, then xenos should fight them too. Since that is what we had in the movies and in the comics, so basically every single piece of AvP media.
    What benos have to gain from fighting preds? Nothing. Literally, nothing. Unless they somehow pull out a miracle and infect some exeptionally unrobust pred and then menage to both protect it from other preds and also break their mouse and finger from disarm spamming said infected pred for 30 minute till it burst. And all of that to gain a xeno that isn't really stronger than Queen herself is in combat, with the only really impactfull ability being permakilling all corpses.
    And what both aliens and marines can lose? Entire squads worth of marines, every single T3 and T2, APC, Queen, everything. Preds aren't supposed to heavily impact the rounds, right? Every fight (not matter if won, or lost) weakens the side that was engaged in it, so the other side steamrolls the rest.

Also, it is super funny how nobody, but few high ranking individuals know about preds. Those fucks show up everywhere and do not make any effort to hide their presence, kanye staring at marines and xenos, who in return kanye stare at them. If we go by the lore, every fucking marine has a camera on his helmet, LV-624 existance proves that they shit their burial temples all over the galaxy. They even have their own trademark de-skinning, that no human organisation does.

This all honestly sounds like bored pred players itching to use their full gear potential, so they fucking spread stupid propaganda and argue that everyone should just engage them to make their dick hard, because everybody learned there is no point in fighting preds outside honorable hunts, or duels. Not to mention majority of playerbase being objectively NPC baldos, who menage to be wiped out by a single, or pair of lurkers, even when having a fucking cades and sentries (famous bravo fob slaughters).
    Find yourself a girlfriend, or whatever, because playing CM surely doesn't help.
    Last edited by CABAL; 05-05-2022 at 06:03 PM.

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownity View Post
    first contact
    was talking about the preds not the USCM

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You are really at the point of blaming players for not wanting to engage a powerfull (semi-neutral) thrid party in a game without fast respawns, where you can't respawn at all as one side, or have to wait atleast 5 minutes and then wait to evolve into T1 and then possibly wait to evolve higher, where you had to spend 20 minues to gear up and drop etc.

Everyone agrees that Marine vs Xeno is the main conflict. What marines gain from engaging a single predator with multiple marines? At best they get good gear for one marine, or few barely worth using gadged for few.
    If marines should shoot them on sight, then xenos should fight them too. Since that is what we had in the movies and in the comics, so basically every single piece of AvP media.
    What benos have to gain from fighting preds? Nothing. Literally, nothing. Unless they somehow pull out a miracle and infect some exeptionally unrobust pred and then menage to both protect it from other preds and also break their mouse and finger from disarm spamming said infected pred for 30 minute till it burst. And all of that to gain a xeno that isn't really stronger than Queen herself is in combat, with the only really impactfull ability being permakilling all corpses.
    And what both aliens and marines can lose? Entire squads worth of marines, every single T3 and T2, APC, Queen, everything. Preds aren't supposed to heavily impact the rounds, right? Every fight (not matter if won, or lost) weakens the side that was engaged in it, so the other side steamrolls the rest.

Also, it is super funny how nobody, but few high ranking individuals know about preds. Those fucks show up everywhere and do not make any effort to hide their presence, kanye staring at marines and xenos, who in return kanye stare at them. If we go by the lore, every fucking marine has a camera on his helmet, LV-624 existance proves that they shit their burial temples all over the galaxy. They even have their own trademark de-skinning, that no human organisation does.

This all honestly sounds like bored pred players itching to use their full gear potential, so they fucking spread stupid propaganda and argue that everyone should just engage them to make their dick hard, because everybody learned there is no point in fighting preds outside honorable hunts, or duels. Not to mention majority of playerbase being objectively NPC baldos, who menage to be wiped out by a single, or pair of lurkers, even when having a fucking cades and sentries (famous bravo fob slaughters).
    Find yourself a girlfriend, or whatever, because playing CM surely doesn't help.
    You know this is an MRP server right? shoot the alien do you want a special snow flake reward for killing preds when i do it i do it because you know its an alien and its hunting my comrades

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not shooting preds is enabling LRP and makes no sense when it's a 9 foot monster covered in blood.
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know this is an MRP server right? shoot the alien do you want a special snow flake reward for killing preds when i do it i do it because you know its an alien and its hunting my comrades
    You know this is a combat server, right?

No, I personally don't need a reward, but this isn't a discussion about me, but about players, great majority of them to be more precise.
    You don't have a problem with me, you have a problem with a lot of players who for some unknown reason refuse to shoot/slash preds on sight. I wonder why, probably we will never learn, this is one of those greatest mysteries of the universe. What is the purpose of life? Does the god/gods exist? What is reality? Do we have a free will? Is the universe deterministic? Why, oh why people mostly don't attack predators on sight. Any theories? Any guesses? Anybody got a hypothesis? One can only wonder. Its probably something involving quantum mechanics, maybe the answer could be found by applying Schrodinger's Cat thought experiment?

The truth is that the goal of standard CM round is that Marines fight Xenos and one of the sides win. Anything outside it (that isn't objectively fun for the player) requires incentive, otherwise players will rarely, if ever, do that.
    Combat in general is considered fun by basically everyone, but just so happened that many players found combat against predators not fun. I wonder why? Don't they realise its MRP server? How comes they have 0 problem in trying to fight the other side, but not preds? Do they need a special snowflake reward for killing xenos? Well, they don't get anything special, or non-special for killing a T1, T2, T3, or Queen. Not a single piece of gear, not a single piece of snowflake shit, even one that is not only useless, but even actually harming the person using/wearing it. And they still fight the other side, but not preds. Scratching my head really hard here, how it is possible?
    How it possible, that xenos have no problem in engaging marines, SGs, specs, yet they refuse to engage predators without half of the hive supporting them (outside honorable hunts and duels)?

Time to shorten my ramblings: People don't feel like fighting preds (outside honorable hunts and duels) is fun. No matter how many "secret" discord channels and special positions in the council of beetroot you got, people don't like fighting preds and the game itself is created in the way that they really don't have to.
    I don't know, maybe being pred whitelisted and actually playing few rounds as pred yourself changes your view, but saddly, not everyone has whitelist, or even wants to have, so...

Nobody gives a flying fuck about "MRP" and preds if engaging them means almost certain death and pernament injury. Even I would gladly shoot/slash preds on sight, but barely any other marine, or xeno will help. And they know all too well that if they would try, they will have their head stored in a fucking fanny pack with a skull on it.

If short version wasn't understood, I will translate it into a language a Yautja Council Member should understand:
    Player think fight predator no fun, MRP doesn't matter.
    Last edited by CABAL; 05-05-2022 at 09:25 PM.

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneDadWhisperer View Post
    Not shooting preds is enabling LRP and makes no sense when it's a 9 foot monster covered in blood.
    He's true you know
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mfers dont realize its just a game and you dont die in real life if your female marine oc dies in game JUST SHOOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck predators all my homies hate predators
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505