User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predators, Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't feel like getting clicked three times with a clan sword and get stunned+fracture.
    Not to mention that preds have high bullet armor for how mobile they are, making non-AP/buck PB trash. Why did they get fire armor anyway? Didn't they already have faster putting out fire through resist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneDadWhisperer View Post
    Not shooting preds is enabling LRP and makes no sense when it's a 9 foot monster covered in blood.
    i agree inherently, but marines need a more visceral way to tell if preds are hurt, and what's very annoying as xeno and as marine is when the pred immediately cloaks and starts firing the funny caster at you all or runs away so he can't die.

you can't chase them down with the homies because they're sonic, and if they really want to live they'll play chicken and run- furthermore they heal suuuper easy with Thwei, with only bloodloss being an issue for them (recall to ship and eat stew).

preds are antagonists and I actually -really- like the idea of having them in the server, hell I had a Pred WL before I was removed for inactivity. The problem lies in the fact that marines *do not feel like they do anything* to preds, regardless of what they actually do. Only experienced pred hunters will know that high AP shit like L2a4 spam will be more effective than a pulse rifle at range, etc.

If a predator had to do a channel with Thewi, left trails of blood that were more obvious so they could be tracked after being shot so you could run him down and stop him healing, that'd be cool.

Regarding xenos I think that preds need a *windup* on using SD, it shouldn't be instant. Giving a channel on SD gives something for marines to interrupt so they can get the lootbox or something for xenos to interrupt so they can get the cap

TL;dr

I think that preds are good, and should be KoS by marines but maybe there should be engaging ways to chase them instead of I CAST CLOAK and run
    Last edited by lmwevil; 05-07-2022 at 05:04 AM. Reason: added tl;dr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe im dumb but isnt it not that if you just start blastin a pred w/o interaction your dishonourable? Or acting LRP or someshit. Like marines ignore preds beheading other marines because if they interfere its like some dumb honor code shit.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Pollard View Post
    maybe im dumb but isnt it not that if you just start blastin a pred w/o interaction your dishonourable? Or acting LRP or someshit. Like marines ignore preds beheading other marines because if they interfere its like some dumb honor code shit.
    If you shoot on sight then yes, you get HPC/LPC to the dome and get slashed while stunned, but if pred actively fights with your teammate and then you shoot, you are still honorable prey.
    However if pred already killed your friend and now plays with headless corpse, then its back to HPC/LPC for you when cloacked. So... Yes, we have people in this thread arguing that refusing to become dishonorable prey which will die in exactly 2 seconds is LRP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    The entire argument against predators is that you don’t want to risk your round being ended when you interact (shoot/slash) preds. Just do it anyways, and get others to do so as well and then watch as the big bad pred falls down into crit and dies.
    "A target or group of targets who attack you without due cause or interfere with your hunt"

are marked as dishonourable and they can just HPC you as per honour code rules. Cabal is right we're outright punished for KOSing preds because they'll caster us with HPC and end our round instantly.

that's kinda scuffed ngl given that it's supposed to be higher RP to shoot them on sight and that's what Yajuta council want to encourage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    "A target or group of targets who attack you without due cause or interfere with your hunt"

are marked as dishonourable and they can just HPC you as per honour code rules. Cabal is right we're outright punished for KOSing preds because they'll caster us with HPC and end our round instantly.

that's kinda scuffed ngl given that it's supposed to be higher RP to shoot them on sight and that's what Yajuta council want to encourage
    https://imgur.com/a/QHpBSKQ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    snip
    And what this adds? It was already said, that people can engage pred and not be dishonorable prey if predator engages someone on your side already.
    He is right about KoS, doing that makes you dishonorable in any case outside pred already fighting your teammates.
    The whole discussion is about Killing Predators on Sight, so seeing a predator and immediately shooting, which makes you dishonorable unless that pred already is in a fight with your team members.

Please read the posts you are responding to. And yes, I repeated the same sentence three times in different words, might be mandatory since its councilmember I am speaking to, can't get the luxury of understaning the first time.
    Last edited by CABAL; 05-09-2022 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, shooting a pred on sight will make you dishonourable. That is what is stated in the Honor Code. However, it was made pretty clear that it is also circumstantial. We didn't want Preds to go dishonourably kill a single marine because they got shot by them. The verdict was added to Xeno/Marine Groups hunting preds. Allowing them to actually use more of their gear against a group of targets to make the fight more engaging (HPC spam is not tolerated). And even with that added clause, we made it clear to the WL that if they abuse this, they will be spoken to and their WL can be revoked.

This is why Spirit of the Whitelist got implemented. It is to ensure that Preds do not abuse the power they get in the Honor Code. Because in reality, most of the Honor Code is circumstantial, we couldn't cover every basis because then that would just be a long document that no one really cares to read.

I can not say what the Yautja Council wants currently with the Preds and what direction they want it to go but I believe everyone on the WL or at least the Council wants Preds to be shot and engaged with on sight. And yes, sometimes you will get the bad apple that will just HPC blast a single marine into space, but that is where you report it to the council and that Pred player gets a stern talking to.

I hope that clears some things up.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the crux of this issue is the fact it has been a long time since predator players are actually being antagonists, and destroying both sides and remaining within honorcode.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordosian View Post
    snip
    This all sounds like twisted mess where councilmembers and staff aren't even on the same page.

Council demands people to engage predators on sight, because rules prevent them (preds) from actually starting a fight with more than one combatant and excuse that it is "LRP" to not try Kill Predators on Sight. But their rules allow them to employ the fullest of their gear potential when they are actually engaged on sight, but they aren't allowed to "abuse" it, but if this "abuse" happens, it is being prosecuted by the same council that imposes and has to obey those rules and might actually be guilty of abuse.

Oh, I wonder if this won't get abused, stuff like that never happens.
    Its like the time when CIA investigated CIA and found no ties between CIA and drug trade, obviously.
    Why even councils are separate from regular staff at this point? One would think that its for the cross-monitoring. Council watches over staff and staff watches over council. But council watches over itself and staff doesn't watch over council.
    I fail to understand.

Arbitrary rules on top of arbirary rules with council watching itself to not bent those rules too much, while actuall staff is not allowed to interfere, unless it is somebody super high ranking (but I assume people in those position don't do it much because of high trust).

There really needs be an official statement about this stuff atleast. I would go so far as for making the pred honor code as clear as server rules are. There are no wiggle room (outside Role-Play rule where certain LRP behaviour might be excused by admeme if it makes a round fun) for server rules, why can't pred rules be the same?

"Yes, you can HPC dishonorable prey, but don't HPC too many dishonorable prey, because council of beetroot, no you can't engage more than one prey unless they engage you, because council of beetroot and its rules, but prey not engaging you on sight is LRP which is against server rules, but engaging you on sight lets you HPC them, but don't do it too much..."
    Last edited by CABAL; 05-09-2022 at 02:23 PM.