User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 94

Thread: Predators, Thoughts?

  1. #61
    Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Surv pred armour needs to be reduced

  2. #62
    Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    548
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the contrary I don't think a lone marine with any loadout should be able to realistically 1v1 a pred. The problem of standard ammo not being viable vs preds barely has anything to do with preds in the first place, AP is just always better. Standard ammo is just straight up useless as is and anything that has any level of tankiness requires AP.

    I also think there should be less pred slots, keep preds strong but reduce how many can be in a round. It's utterly ridiculous seeing 15 preds online, and absolute chaos for everyone involved.

    If people think preds are slimy and greasy now, they'll like it even less when it basically becomes mandatory to do it.

  3. #63
    Whitelisted Predator Survivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    That’s p much what I meant by not being OP if you know how to kill them. I don’t disagree that the average marine (which are the people salting about preds in this thread) can’t come close to 1v1ing a pred with whatever standard loadout they took. There doesn’t seem to be much of a push to make preds have less of their survivability. But regardless they aren’t OP if you have the right ammo/loadout I should’ve rephrased it better. I do believe that a standard marine should be able to hold their ground against preds, and having basic ammo being on par/near AP damage on preds would be a great start. Would alleviate players who are running stock M41A’s with regular ammo getting shit on by a pred.
    My point is that everyone who sides with preds argues that "they are not OP if you know how to kill them". They shouldn't be near immortal to a standard marine, even if they have the advantage. Predators are balanced around pred hunters, not the game itself.

  4. #64
    Whitelisted Predator Survivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    On the contrary I don't think a lone marine with any loadout should be able to realistically 1v1 a pred. The problem of standard ammo not being viable vs preds barely has anything to do with preds in the first place, AP is just always better. Standard ammo is just straight up useless as is and anything that has any level of tankiness requires AP.

    I also think there should be less pred slots, keep preds strong but reduce how many can be in a round. It's utterly ridiculous seeing 15 preds online, and absolute chaos for everyone involved.

    If people think preds are slimy and greasy now, they'll like it even less when it basically becomes mandatory to do it.
    I agree that people shouldn't commonly solo preds. The issue is that even groups of people who are average will not stand a chance against a predator because they don't use all the meta tricks, or don't know shit about preds. A predator shouldn't walk into a group of 10 marines and leave unscathed because their only form of weapons are useless.

  5. #65
    Primordial Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    I agree that people shouldn't commonly solo preds. The issue is that even groups of people who are average will not stand a chance against a predator because they don't use all the meta tricks, or don't know shit about preds. A predator shouldn't walk into a group of 10 marines and leave unscathed because their only form of weapons are useless.
    Even a runner can walk into a group of 10 marines and get half of them killed and then escape to heal on weeds, so there is no solution for that problem.

    There is no meta trick, aim foot/hand and shoot AP, or flame it and then shoot AP.

    At the current state of a game preds have to be the way they are, otherwise everything falls like a house of cards. If they have to exist (and they have to, predmains will cry green tears if you would remove them, no way in hell preds get removed, unless Host changes and that new guy would have to really, really hate them) they also have to survive more than reliably.
    Because from the game standpoint they are "free-game" (as there are no rules punishing/discouraging people from engaging them) they have to have good means to survive hunting mobs geared just against them due to their low numbers. No matter how slimey they are, if they are killed reliably, it would suck for those neckbeards too.
    And that is because of the same reason they won't be removed. If preds would be too easy to kill by average size of mobs (from both sides) they would also cry green tears.

    There are only three logical choices that atleast won't be worse:
    a) Keep preds as they are. Self-explanatory
    b) Remove preds. No pred = no problem.
    c) Make them legitemate thrid faction. This will create a whole lot of other problems, but then they can be balanced around the game, instead of direct mob-hunts.
    REDEMPTION

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in uh the new predator game that came out, hunting grounds. Preds are more like glass cannons, and it feels impactful when you burst the fucker with your rifle and he runs off and does his long healing animation followed by a roar after the heal

    glass cannon preds may be a more interesting development angle, fuck -dueling- people. Honourable duels always felt odd anyway in the middle of an active warzone

  7. #67
    Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    548
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    in uh the new predator game that came out, hunting grounds. Preds are more like glass cannons, and it feels impactful when you burst the fucker with your rifle and he runs off and does his long healing animation followed by a roar after the heal

    glass cannon preds may be a more interesting development angle, fuck -dueling- people. Honourable duels always felt odd anyway in the middle of an active warzone
    If you want it to be that like then you also have to include HPCing people from cloak, ambushing people out of nowhere, and all the other tools preds use against marines in that game. That's the trade-off of the game. Glass cannon, but it will kill you in 1-2 shots while invisible and from anywhere.

    Even then, the pred in that game is considered to be underpowered by basically the entire community that still plays the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL
    If they have to exist (and they have to, predmains will cry green tears if you would remove them, no way in hell preds get removed, unless Host changes and that new guy would have to really, really hate them) they also have to survive more than reliably.
    About a year ago, I and many other Preds asked for the role to be removed from the game, because it wasn't seeing any real support. While that isn't true anymore, I still wouldn't bemoan its removal.

  8. #68
    Moderator Time_URSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only had nice encounters with preds, to be honest. I don't find any issue with them, sure some can be dicks but it's usually the target's fault. Xenos complaining about preds hunting drones when in fact it was the drone who slashed them first. Kinda have to expect preds to return fire if you provoke them in such a way. Many times have I tried recovering bodies as a marine and I never got neither HPC'd nor attacked at all. Most of my encounters with preds were mostly RP'd, and if I was attacked, I was either asked beforehand or me provoking them intentionally (not to say that most of my duels with preds ended with me permadying and, must say, they are very fun to play with that I even applied to be a predator). If you see a pred being a dick, report it. Simple. But a pred killing you because you called him a 'fatass jamaican' then punched him doesn't mean he's a dick at all.

    To sum up: Preds are cool, don't bitch with them if you don't want them to bitch with you.


    Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill


    Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present


  9. #69
    Whitelisted Predator Survivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Even a runner can walk into a group of 10 marines and get half of them killed and then escape to heal on weeds, so there is no solution for that problem.

    There is no meta trick, aim foot/hand and shoot AP, or flame it and then shoot AP.

    At the current state of a game preds have to be the way they are, otherwise everything falls like a house of cards. If they have to exist (and they have to, predmains will cry green tears if you would remove them, no way in hell preds get removed, unless Host changes and that new guy would have to really, really hate them) they also have to survive more than reliably.
    Because from the game standpoint they are "free-game" (as there are no rules punishing/discouraging people from engaging them) they have to have good means to survive hunting mobs geared just against them due to their low numbers. No matter how slimey they are, if they are killed reliably, it would suck for those neckbeards too.
    And that is because of the same reason they won't be removed. If preds would be too easy to kill by average size of mobs (from both sides) they would also cry green tears.

    There are only three logical choices that atleast won't be worse:
    a) Keep preds as they are. Self-explanatory
    b) Remove preds. No pred = no problem.
    c) Make them legitemate thrid faction. This will create a whole lot of other problems, but then they can be balanced around the game, instead of direct mob-hunts.
    It is meta tricks to know to aim hand with AP, not that it's metagaming, it's just one of the only effective ways to do it. It is ridiculous that the standard loadout can't harm them in any significant way.

  10. #70
    Primordial Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    It is meta tricks to know to aim hand with AP, not that it's metagaming, it's just one of the only effective ways to do it. It is ridiculous that the standard loadout can't harm them in any significant way.
    It is exactly the same way you beat xenos with armor, with exception being aiming foot/hand, but this part is a logical conclusion when playing xenos where you aim that against marines.
    So from the combination of those two combat experiences you get the knowledge.

    Killing preds as honorable prey is no different from killing a tankier boxer warrior without stuns and other abilities. Or tankier rav without fire immunity. Is there any effective way to kill rav/crusher without AP? No, standard bullets tickle them. Pred and crusher atleast can be flamed.
    Last edited by CABAL; 05-16-2022 at 07:16 PM.
    REDEMPTION

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •