User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Predators, Thoughts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It is exactly the same way you beat xenos with armor, with exception being aiming foot/hand, but this part is a logical conclusion when playing xenos where you aim that against marines.
    So from the combination of those two combat experiences you get the knowledge.

Killing preds as honorable prey is no different from killing a tankier boxer warrior without stuns and other abilities. Or tankier rav without fire immunity. Is there any effective way to kill rav/crusher without AP? No, standard bullets tickle them. Pred and crusher atleast can be flamed.
    You can kill a crusher with standard rounds, it just takes a little more effort. A predator is nearly immune to bullets entirely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, preds have better fire roll and they take reduced fire damage.
    A napalm hit if let to burn fully on a pred only does like 70 burn on direct flame+full afterburn, whereas a miniflamer would do 40. Again, that's only if left to burn in its entirety, no pred is gonna let that intentionally happen.

Also the fishnets have 30 bullet armor, the clan armor (which have 0 slowdown by the way) another 30, same with the bracer, greaves, mask though those don't stack with the fishnet.
    On the other hand, they all only have 15 melee armor apiece. The heavy clan armor has 30 melee armor though (but actual slowdown), same bullet armor. Combined with their runner tier movement speed, 200 damage crit treshold and 250 damage death thershold and them often having thwei pre-injected and the fracture immunity, why bother?
    For comparison, marine uniforms have 10 bullet/melee armor, and medium armor have 20 melee/bullet, so do gloves, boots, helmet.

They are literally a non-feature to bother with if you don't intentionally prepare around them.
    Last edited by Ttly; 05-30-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i killed four preds with a flamer thrower two days ago. A flamer is only for preds? Also thewi was mega nerfed it is basically just a pain killer now. Preds are not hard to kill its just a skill issue

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lampost View Post
    Predators are not their to be your friends guy. The ONLY reason they are there at all is to hunt both you and the xenos on the hunting grounds (the planet) that fit within their honour code. Preds can chose to be aggressive if they want its within their right as Whitelist holders. Marines should treat preds as hostile at all times because you know they are fucking human hunters that have hunted other humans before. Even if that is not enough for you i will set the scene.

The distress signal game mode is to simulate marines responding to a distress beacon from a colony. You are supposed to act like anything could be down there including xenomorphs because marines have faced off with xenos before. You DO NOT know what predators are. Only a certain few HC members and WY employees know what they are. Even the major in-charge of the almayer does not know. So you land on the colony you are checking for any signs of life. You don't find any all the colonist are gone and you see a fucking 7ft plus obviously alien humanoid with human skulls attached to its armour and pouch. I know the marines i play would not just fucking stand there and say hi to it bro like come on because at the end of the day you are not playing yourself you are playing A FUCKING MARINE NOT A PUSSY . SHOOT THE ALIEN
    Kid named finger

R (1).jpg
    Last edited by TyroneDadWhisperer; 05-26-2022 at 05:43 PM.
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneDadWhisperer View Post
    Kid named finger

R (1).jpg
    your house has a handbrake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preds are absolute baddies ngl

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you mean badasses right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lampost View Post
    its almost like its the lethal plasma caster is restricted to dishonourable prey And cannot be used if the pred begins the fight on worthy prey. Predator is a WL for a reason bro. Anyone who miss uses the caster is punished. Being ganked by the hive and trapped in a corner after being screeched by the queen and the pred being not able to move is kinda you know not fun for preds and I 100% support the use of non-lethal plasma caster to escape a corner.

Also being a pred and actively killing them as both marine and xeno has proven to me that predators are not as hard to kill as most people think its just a skill iusse.
    Lol I have shot a pred with 50+ rounds of ap SG and they LMAO shuffle away after breaking every bone in my body, maybe if you are fighting someone perfectly fitted to kill you, but when I watch 2/3 of my bullets get deflected by a pred I cant really say that it feels fair to not deal any damage and die in 2-3 hits depending on RNG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats cap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    killed four preds with l42 ap today
    its really not that hard all you have to do is click at them and when they use clan sword stop clicking
    also get better at moving, a trick I use is that I stay on harm intent and push them when they're next to me to fuck up their clicks
    EDIT: anyone coping that you have to always use AP ammo when fighting them, you pretty much need AP ammo always in current meta and req pretty much always drops AP not to mention there's fuckloads of ap in squad prep and req
    Last edited by joooks; 05-31-2022 at 08:44 PM. Reason: i forgor to add more words