User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think of FOBDOCS?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think we should make FOBmedical a thing.

    17 48.57%
  • I think we are fine how we are.

    3 8.57%
  • I think with changes on transit times top and back I would use shipmedical.

    10 28.57%
  • I think shipside medical is fine but FOBdocs need to be barred.

    5 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: time to talk about FOBDOCS

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shipside med enjoyers: I LOVE NOT PLAYING THE GAME FOR 25 - 35 MINUTES FOR AUTO DOC RP
    Felicity Bringh and XYZ

  2. #12
    Junior Member Big Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With how rounds run today, I don't really see a solution. I'm a fan of the nerd and RP part of CM, so it saddens me to see the state shipside medbay is in. But I just don't see how we could reinvigorate it without dumbing things down, either by cutting transit time shipside (preinstalled medbay medevac?) or simplifying the medical itself. Otherwise, it will contradict the current ideology of quick, ~1 hour rounds.
    It was before, when they averaged 2-3 hours, the time spend getting treated was relatively shorter. Today, however, a serious trauma that cannot be quickly fixed "on-site" means most likely never seeing combat again. So, few resort to that and just go get themselves killed or SSD. Myself included: I got mauled by rav, revived, went looking for APC, killed again with some limbs gone, finally crawled to the MedAPC only to find out that there aren't any limbs and POs have no medevac. And by that time marines were already being pushed back. I just SSDed.
    So yeah, I guess FOB-medbay + barring certain wounds and traumas from planetside surgery via new mechanics or drug removal. But it's a compromise at best, either at the cost of RP, marines' gameplay or doc-mains.
    Last edited by Big Man; 05-09-2022 at 04:28 PM.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changes since lesbay era:
    - chest and groin can be splinted, reducing organ damage massively
    - shrapnel can be removed with a knife no problem also massively reducing damage
    (you wouldn't believe how much AP shrapnel you pulled out of marines when any baldy could fill a belt with AP mags)
    - medics can't hack off limbs to revive the unrevivable (didnt happen often to be fair)
    - groundside doctors used to be told to return to the ship by admins
    - bicard OD being the cure for internal bleeding has become common knowledge
    - infections were removed
    - surgery was sped up and no linger requires stripping the marine
    - anaestetic tanks integrated into the bed instead of having to be equipped and toggled by the doctor.
    - autodoc introduced, then later another autodoc added when medbay was remapped
    - paincrit removed, making surgery less necessary
    - synths were introduced and are almost always doing surgery
    - APC
    - ravagers no longer have rng delimb
    - xenos no longer have random crits taking off limbs
    - crusher stomp and charge can no longer break every bone in your body
    - combat hugging removed, queens and drones used to instantly attach huggers during screech

    lots of QoL and balance changes that made medbay barren one way or another. should have seen the 2018 CM round they tested a few months ago, medbay was rammed
    Last edited by Nimiety; 05-09-2022 at 11:07 PM.

  4. #14
    Junior Member Big Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimiety View Post
    Lots of QoL and balance changes that made medbay barren one way or another. Should have seen the 2018 CM round they tested a few months ago, medbay was rammed
    Thank you for the recap, was curious to look at the medical in retrospect. It seems consistent with my experience since 2018 of things getting simpler for the sake of not being overwhelming, but also facilitating smaller round-time.

  5. #15
    Ancient Member kooarbiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm down to recreate mash as long as we have a pair of wise cracking doctors to staff it









    I want off this sad ride, mister grim.

  6. #16
    Ancient Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimiety View Post
    Changes since lesbay era:
    - chest and groin can be splinted, reducing organ damage massively
    - shrapnel can be removed with a knife no problem also massively reducing damage
    (you wouldn't believe how much AP shrapnel you pulled out of marines when any baldy could fill a belt with AP mags)
    - medics can't hack off limbs to revive the unrevivable (didnt happen often to be fair)
    - groundside doctors used to be told to return to the ship by admins
    - bicard OD being the cure for internal bleeding has become common knowledge
    - infections were removed
    - surgery was sped up and no linger requires stripping the marine
    - anaestetic tanks integrated into the bed instead of having to be equipped and toggled by the doctor.
    - autodoc introduced, then later another autodoc added when medbay was remapped
    - paincrit removed, making surgery less necessary
    - synths were introduced and are almost always doing surgery
    - APC
    - ravagers no longer have rng delimb
    - xenos no longer have random crits taking off limbs
    - crusher stomp and charge can no longer break every bone in your body
    - combat hugging removed, queens and drones used to instantly attach huggers during screech

    lots of QoL and balance changes that made medbay barren one way or another. should have seen the 2018 CM round they tested a few months ago, medbay was rammed
    You forgot

    -necrosis on any failed surgery step, requiring removal, possibly multiple times.
    -lung damage making gas ineffective and dramatically increasing failure chance. (a good doctor used to be the one who could do lung surgeries and not leave a patient with necro/infections).
    -Failure chance removed, replaced with slower speeds on nonideal surfaces
    -multilarva removal
    -Removal of the appendix, dramatically decreasing the amount of damage marines get from toxin damage and/or having the groin targeted.
    -Addition of stacking medicines, like BM, KD; etc. decreasing the time spent having to heal.
    -Addition of things like epi, surgical wire, etc. making defibbing far far easier.
    -Bones rebreaking if you healed them and the limb had above 45 brute damage. Requiring you to plan surgeries a bit to come back to limb once it was more healed.
    -You mentioned infections but you didnt include that this removed all the surgery prep/downtime. No more cleaning, no more spacecillian, no more masks, no more hand washing. You used to have to actually do some steps prior to doing a surgery.

    I played doctor during the CM 2018 rounds. It was fun as hell. Doctors had to actually pay attention and surgery was complicated again.
    -
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOB surgery is actually a shitload of fun, we don't even need a prefab to support it better, just have the area where FOBdocs can get a tray have a few more trays and beds, as well as wrenches and SOP approval to move the IVs and Weymeds in there to the Alamo

    Furthermore prosthetic limbs could be generalized to *legs* and *arms* instead or left or right and I think nobody ever would complain about that. (Also printing prosthetics takes 100 years)

  8. #18
    Junior Member Anuv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to a single surgical webbing in surgery storage roundstart, no more vendor ones, thoughts

  9. #19
    Member FoxyShibata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuv View Post
    Back to a single surgical webbing in surgery storage roundstart, no more vendor ones, thoughts
    Good change.
    No idea why the vendor update gave every single doc and researcher a webbing in the first place considering how deliberately rare they were.

    However; I think the CMO should still get one tbh. CMO's not supposed to be deploying anyway, it would just be something nice for them.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.


    The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  10. #20
    Ancient Member Pigeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the round also when they introduced MASSIVE blood loss from limbs? In the era of RNG rav delimbs also? That was crazy shit in medbay when it hit. Still remember having to use the sink/space cleaner to prevent necro, or that my first patient that I think I might have perma with necro. It was a funny time.

    Should add; kill shipside medical and just make it planetside focused. It easy to see the writing on the wall and might as well cater to them, a bit as we can instead focus on making planetside medical more intresting if anything

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •