User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UnclearDoctorMain - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    Ok answer, you could have gone into a bit more detail about how you would investigate.
    To go into specifics, I would pm the attacker to hear their end of the story, as well as contacting any witnesses/other parties involved to see if there was anything not mentioned involved.

Decent answer. One detail to keep in mind is that you may aid with the investigation, so providing ckey for a report, or a basic investigation as to what happened is still within your authority. After all, mods/admin are the ones who pull the logs for reports, anything that makes that bit easier is fine.
    This is a good thing to keep in mind, thank you.

Ok answer. Staff typically are not allowed spawn themselves in, they have to get another staff to do it. As staff you are a full mentor too, so anything the sea/mentors can do you can as well. One thing you can do that mentors cant is use aghost and ahelps for this, mentors lack the buttons to start an ahelp, staff may do so freely.
    I see. I've tried poking around on private servers to make an attempt to get myself used to basic things staff would be doing, but the rank differences are still something I'm a bit shy about. This is a good thing to keep into consideration.

Decent answer. Until they are front lining or otherwise actually breaking a rule it is still an IC matter.
    Got it. I'll keep in mind to check back with this person in a few minutes to make sure they aren't frontlining or doing any other rule break.

Decent answer, tho keep in mind to actually investigate that it was infact a survivor that did it and the guy was actually killed, and not killed by a xeno for intance.
    This is a great thing to keep in mind. I'd likely forget to wrap my mind around small details, so thank you for this reminder. I'll definitely remember.

Ok answer. You probably should check with the req staff too. Additionally what would you do if it it turns out that the MP did not actually break ML, because there were more charges, or the story presented yt the marine isnt quite the whole story or even true for that matter?
    Check with the others is something I need to keep in mind. Thank you. The marine being dishonest would likely be a common thing from a marine being upset about being arrested, so the best I could do is verify from a witness/witnesses and check logs to find any other pieces that would complete the story.

Decent answer. What do you do if there isn't another staff member online or they are also a medic?
    No other staff being online doesn't excuse involving oneself in a case they are involved in. The only exception would be if the medic is ignoring other people and causing mass grief. Otherwise, the best thing to do is to ask for assistance on staff server from other staff to see if anyone can provide assistance from there.

Ehh, not quite. This would be either an IC issue, or round start shenanigans typically. In this case id say this probably qualifies as the latter. For it to be grief it has to be unique stuff like SADAR's gear or cl's briefcase. Just sealing someone's boots typically doesn't qualify as grief.
    Ahhh, round start shenanigans would be very realistic for this situation. Round start shenanigans aren't ingrained in my mind enough, haha. I'll definitely keep it in mind. This is also a good clarification, as I might've gotten confused with a grey area in practice about the gear distinction outside of things like spec gear. Thank you.

Good answer. Keep in mind you also can use looc as a ghost too, sometimes if the group is small, it may be better to use that then announce to every marine, including mps and command that a mutiny is happening. You also have access to asleep, screen wide too, it is a great tool for stopping a mutiny dead in its tracks. Would you authorize the mutiny if they asked for permission after this?
    I'll definitely keep this in mind. My brain goes straight to worse-case situations where there would be around a dozen people or the like. I also thought that asleep was a command for admins, this is very handy! The way you described would definitely be the better option for smaller groups. Thank you for that clarification.

Decent answer, tho again, the MOOC bit may not be necessary. Depends when you noticed or get to the incident, often times it is after the first or 2nd kill. You also have attack logs of the attacker to check, so it isn't too hard if caught early enough to figure out exactly who was hurt on your own. But if caught late and a lot of kills happened, and half the people were healed by medbay or such, then yeah it may be warranted.
    Ahhhh all right, I get what you're saying. My mind usually goes to the worst, as previously mentioned. And logs would definitely be something I should check first if not clear, thank you.

Good answer. Just make sure to inform the council too, for this one they are kinda liable under both server rules and council. The council tends to have extra RP restrictions on their WL, but it is not impossible for someone to earn a command ban while playing CO.
    I figured this question regarded SOs and XOs as well, but I would for sure inform the council if it was focused more on a CO. Like you said, it'd likely also be a RP infraction as well, so it would be important to inform them, as well that whitelisted players are valid to be judged with OOC rules as well as council guildelines.

Try again.
    Ah, shoot. I was working on my responses with a document and I guess it didn't translate over correctly. My intended response was that seeming I already issued a note, I would pm them telling them being disrespectful may lead to punishment and inform them to make a staff report on the forums if they don't agree with the decision. If the behavior would continue, I would give a 3 hour chillban. As previously stated in one of my other answers, staff are volunteers and don't need to tolerate toxicity or hostility.

Good answer. To follow up, some server do have SSD protections, so this is where they are usually coming from when they ask this, we however, do not
    This is great to be reminded of. I haven't played any other servers besides CM in a long while, so I forgot this could be a variable worth explaining.

Decent answer. You probably could have gone into a bit more detail, as id probably not consider fucking up an obscure mhelp, as equivalent to, incorrectly enforcing a common rule break
    I'm a bit shy in this area with handling other staff members, so the best idea that pops in my head would to be to speak with them directly if their ahelp isn't finished with ruling, or taking the subject to the respective manager if they already finished the case. I apologize.

Ok answer. Keep in mind that we operate under a ticket system ingame, as opposed to the system we follow on discord. In this case the person handling the help gets to rule on the punishment.
    Got it. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I definitely would have been a bit concerned if it happened in practice.

I heard a rumor you are only doing this to certify people on discord? Any truth to it?
    To say "only" to certify people on discord is wrong. However, I understand where the thought could come from. I said in a staff channel that helping with certifications on the discord is one of the things I would like to do as a mod (or similar). I like the idea of helping in areas that need it, and certifying is one of the areas that seems to have lacking personnel with assistance, like reporting logs on the forums, which is also another task that I hope to be able to take up. I want to volunteer to help in many different ways that I can. Of course, I've had some people mention how exhausting it sounds. But in a general way, I want to help in areas with larger workloads. This does not mean I would be offering less of a hand for in-game moderation, as my meaning was service in many different areas.

I hope I was able to give acceptable responses to yours or anyone else's concerns. If there is anything else you'd like to ask me, don't be afraid to ask. My discord tag is Frog#6006 for anything less warranted on the forums.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent answers, tho i was expecting your initial to be a bit better, they are still decent overall.

You have had a very colorful LRP history in your notes, tho that seems to be a thing in the past, and a few minor incidents on discord and on forums. Overall they seem to distant enough, and you have significant steps towards improving that i can overlook them, even the more serious incident with the dead mps.

You work on discord is decent, you still arent very sure of yourself there, but that is something you get used to with time and in training.

And as far as im aware there arent any complains about you from the WL side of things either.

You have been in the community a long time that even off the top of my head i know you are familiar with mot if not all departments and areas of the game inuding ML.

Overall +1, hope to see you as a Tmod soon.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye
    +1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ito has remarked most if not all the questions or errors i could have spotted, +1 from me my gamer

1982-2022 Las Malvinas son y serĂ¡n Argentinas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very strong application, and your answers to the follow up questions were solid.
    I'm pleased to welcome you as a trial mod!
    Welcome to the team!