Date of Incident
    May 7, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Cindy Marozzo

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    DarkLordCabbage

Accused Character Name
    Katherine Smith

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    22 Server-time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2

Description of the incident:
    Near the end of the round, As a VC, they were slashing at marine corpses because they "sucked at their job", repeatedly doing this until round ended, as other marines tried to stop the insane display.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Whatever punishment staff would give to someone playing a butcher would get in game.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 05-08-2022 at 06:14 PM. Reason: correct date posted

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Dubszor; 05-09-2022 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to waste your time going through the logs, I did in fact start chopping at perma marines with a cleaver because I was bored. People do it all the time. I guess it should be classified as lrp now under the new rp standards, despite the cannibal chef thing still being allowed. The usual punishment for lrp is a note.

I am, however, both impressed and depressed that you both ahelped in game and made a player report, presumably when your ahelp wasn't answered to your satisfaction. Usually player reports are reserved for griefers.

Happy roleplay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was present at the scene. Rather than "low/light role play", it seemed like no role play to me at all. As I was trying to get you to stop doing it, I aimed a pistol at you and you cited "improper escalation".
    Under no feasible scenario do I think a real vehicle crewman would hop out of their APC and whack and shoot dead bodies when they're bored because their APC can't go any further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordCabbage View Post
    No need to waste your time going through the logs, I did in fact start chopping at perma marines with a cleaver because I was bored. People do it all the time. I guess it should be classified as lrp now under the new rp standards, despite the cannibal chef thing still being allowed. The usual punishment for lrp is a note.

I am, however, both impressed and depressed that you both ahelped in game and made a player report, presumably when your ahelp wasn't answered to your satisfaction. Usually player reports are reserved for griefers.

Happy roleplay.
    For context on this, I did indeed ahelp but received no answer, waited around until after the round to make sure, but having no confirmation I have no way to know if it was noticed, hence this report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character: Sam 'Shiv' Yates
    Role: PFC
    Squad: Delta

I was also present for the above incident and will try to detail things as clearly as my memory will permit from the start of my involvement to the end. Having been backlining with Eric Overstreet(Castor) for a large portion of the game before joining the caves fighting, we had just come from central after marines won the round to find the APC parked in northern barrens surrounded by several perma dead bodies, one of which was strapped into a wheelie chair and was being hacked at by Katherine as was previously stated. My character got immediately vocal and started hurling insults at her, as he has done before when confronted by this situation and as he would again.

There was a bit of back and forth between my character, Eric and Katherine that involved mine saying something like 'HE DIED FOR YOU' and Katherine responding something akin to insulting the dead persons abilities then arguing the point that she was not desecrating the dead as my character accused her of. After said back and forth and a few shoves here and there Katherine got back into her APC, drove over us and left. It is my understanding that several people Ahelped but received no response before the round ended.

I'm not going to waste anyone's time with trying to delve too deeply into the situation as it's not my place to, but to add my personal opinion on it, I don't really hate a problem with Katherine's player but the butchering / cooking of marine bodies (seems to be a APC crewman speciality with the frequency they are involved) has been a minor irritation for me for some time. Considering the server is trying to step up it's roleplay quality, this to me seems like one of the first things that needs to go / be sorted out. As it really makes no sense IC, nor do I think being 'bored' is an adequate excuse for it even if there is a rather disappointing precedence for this sort of behaviour on the server. Katherine certainly isn't the first person to do stuff like this, but it was disappointing to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No role play at all would be me saying "What do you mean, it's just a game bro, they've probably already logged off". Shooting me with a pistol would be improper escalation, because I had not attacked you at that point. However I do agree that a real apc driver would probably not hack at the dead bodies of their teammates because they're bored. I'm happy to accept the note for lrp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, it is lrp. But with staff still changing the color of the APC mid round and doing other stuff like that, I honestly haven't really seen a change in roleplay behaviors. Thanks for letting me know you're disappointed with your roleplay experience, I'll endeavor to perform better around you, Sam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, that was... pretty rude. I still disagree with the methods used, but I can understand why you would want it changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By what is shown in the logs, and the players' own admission, this does fall outside of what we would consider setting appropriate MRP.

An admin changing the color of an APC doesn’t negate that sound-minded marines under RP standards wouldn’t desecrate the bodies of their fallen fellow soldiers Or civilians.

Because of previous warnings within the past 90 days, and due to the egregious nature of the LRP, placing a 24 hour ban. (Rule 2, LRP)