Marine Name
    Rickard 'Lost' Boar

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Morrow

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    My synth is an ex educator for recruits and cadets. He isn't programmed along the lines of drill sergeants or the like but more as a subject matter expert for USCM regulations and manuals. For the most part, he is respectful and analytical for officers and senior NCOs while attempting to be motivational and an educator for enlisted personnel.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I enjoy the aesthetic of CM to an insane degree. The RP of being some jackass marine or a "oorah let's get some" leader or whatever else is incredibly fun. RPing as a synth is just an extension of that. Another interesting character to interact with others and enjoy the atmosphere CM provides (although from a much different perspective as a more analytical and calculating machine).

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    It was probably 5-6 months ago now so I sadly don't remember the name of the synth. The round was almost over after the marines had put up a last stand on the Almayer and barely eked out surviving and most were just finishing off the xenos on the ship. During the entire time I was held up in lower medical with the synth and just defended him while he triaged walking casualties. Through multiple random attacks by 1 or 2 xenos we held and fortified the area and worked with what we had. We added every casualty and wounded person to our little group in medical and by the end we had this cozy scene where our only light was a flare or two strewn around and someone had brought Jones down and there was in character chatter back and forth. It was just a really neat small part of the overall situation that felt good. It was a moment where everything came together to really feel cozy with the synth interacting with everyone while we had a PVT playing up being scared and another marine putting up bravado. It wasn't intense unga or insane fighting just some people putting on a character and enjoying the setting.

Synthetic Character Story
    As the USCM continued to be stretched to their limits in various conflicts throughout American space, a lack of senior personnel available to teach and guide new recruits and cadets at numerous boot camps and academies became apparent. In an attempt to find a solution senior USCM officers requested a custom synth designed to motivate new marines with esprit de corps as well as teach strategy and squad-sized tactics to the readily molded minds of cadets and new recruits. Morrow was the first of the newly minted test group.

As tensions continued to rise in the outer colonies and the initiative to introduce battalion level synths took off, Morrow was retasked to the USS Almayer. During ops Morrow can be seen supporting marines while rattling off USCM handbook numbers and quotations on numerous topics as well as attempting to bring motivation through preprogrammed phrases.

More in the google doc:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I have spent a good bit of time helping with building good FOBs as CE or MT, loading OBs, and fixing every other random thing an unga mad marine will break.

I've spent probably 80-90 hours between squad engi and RTO turning on power on every map and replacing APCs and figuring out how map specific engineering works like the checkpoints or water cleaners on Kutjevo etc.

I will say I only know only the basics of OT.

How familiar are you with Command?
    This is probably my weakest area but I have spent a few hours as XO and done enough SO that I know the various terminals and consoles in CIC and how to operate them.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Probably my strongest area.

I've played dozens of hours as a squad medic learning the ins and outs of the drugs, triage, and battlefield medicine.

As a doctor I've done APC and FOB doc numerous times and have spent enough time making chems that I have created my own preferred version of various drugs while also memorizing the usual orders of medics.

I will say I know only the basics of researcher.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I've spent enough time as CT and RO that I know how ASRS works, where the niche items are, how to scavenge the prep rooms for gear and ammo, and the usual items for drops to FOB or forward areas.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Red alert on the Almayer, post hijack, in defense of a casualty you are caring for, or self defense. For self defense I am aware I should attempt to disengage as much as possible. For all of the above I am aware I should focus primarily on support roles, combat is not my primary function.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I'm excited to hear from everyone and hope to see y'all in game!

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid support player who can stay both within character and be immersive within the setting.
    I can vouch for RP, req and engineering competency! No red flags that I've seen.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Experience seems good. Application is decent.

I think you need to tighten up your quirk. You basically just give recommendations. In the middle of a fob siege.. will you just be saying "Use grenades to stun xenomorphs". In the middle of a hectic medbay are you going to recommend different surgical techniques? What will you do during briefing? Or in Req? Or doing overwatch?

I think you might start off doing so but how long until you are bored of typing it every round. It also doesnt give you a lot of room to play with and as a result your story has nowhere to go. You will eventually just be "that synth".

ANY synth can give advice what makes YOU stand out? Personally I think that if a quirk is good you should be able to envision not only what the synth does, but what they LOOK like. A strong quirk.. you have everything you need in your mind to instantly identify them.

If you are wanting to go the educator route. Maybe consider picking something that will give that depth. Is your synth an Ex educator... well maybe they are a Professor of Marine Biology? Now deployed to Big Red, in a tragic twist of fate. Talk about the similarities of whale bones as you hack open someone's torso.

Maybe they are an ex educator... of kindergarten classes. Harp on about the marines inability to get into lines and sit quietly for briefing. Comment on marines complaining more than your previous class. etc. Make suggestions about research and crayons.

You stated that you are "subject matter expert for USCM regulations and manuals". Maybe lean into that heavily. You are THE expert of ALL the specifications and regulations; and let command know everything that everyone is doing. What do you look like? Well obviously you are in marine uniform, boots, polished and prepped. You carry spacecleaner on you and ensure you always look to regulations.
    Give recommendations as well as nonsense ones. Criticize the placement of Cades as the standard specifications call for 2" separations between cades. Remark on the barbed wire not being 3 prone. Comment on the balance of the budget and lack of accounting on requisitions. Criticize the amount of time it took TComms to go up ("standard operation procedure is 5minutes command I will deploy and ensure that the dish is properly calibrated and aligned"). Comment on doctors not washing their hands. Object to the no smoking signs note being followed. Write down violations on a piece of paper and pen until people get annoyed. Apologize to command for being "not to code" for having your arm lopped off by xenomorphs.

Any or none of above. But if you dig into your quirk you will have a better application, a better story, and a better time as synth.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest concern while I was working on the quirk and the story was coming across as antagonistic or rude to marines. My understanding is quirks that could annoy or anger marines are a bad idea. For me, I'm happy leaning into more of the motivational side with education on the side (which is what I tried to represent but probably failed).

Even with your question of "What are you doing at brief" I can see it. I can see the transition as my synth would walk out into an area with junior enlisted. I imagine one of those WWE walk outs where you see them just being normal dudes beforehand but when they start going down that ramp it's game time and the cocky smile appears and a loud, "You ready to get some marines? Oorah!" While the commander is stepping up to the briefing he's walking by and giving pointers to marines and trying to motivate them into getting into it. "Private where is your helmet!? How are you gonna be a warfighting machine without your headgear!?" "Sergeant you are looking on point as ever today. Shiniest shoes in the section." "We got a good brief today marines right out of the battle drills. Listen on up!"

Even in combat I would be saying, "Keep at'em marines they can't compete with the Corps!"

And I would want this as a complete contrast to interactions with senior NCOs and Officers. My synth would be hard as a rock and you couldn't imagine him smiling or not looking professional while talking to senior folk on the ship. Full of sharp "Yes sirs" and "No sirs".

I do really like the space cleaner recommendation though. That's one I'm gonna go ahead and steal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have not impressed me at all with your actions ICly. Straight up in murder fights over req line and a multitude of other stupid events.

Your support skills are good but need much more, the quirk is just meh at best.

Story is minimal shows of the bare minimum and doesn't really show anything about your quirk anyway.

If you really want the WL seek help in the appropriate discord channels from members of the WL. And clean up your act ICly.

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean when the guy skipped the line and when called on it by the entire line he pulled a knife and then a shotgun? Yeah, I'm not really going to put that on me.

That same round I stopped fighting at the front and went back to the FOB with two new guys to get them proper medical. Iunno man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That req fight was not the only or the first time I've not been impressed with your IC actions.

Like I said however its not the only part of your application or even the worst part, everyone has dumb IC stuff including myself.

Everything else here has potential but is overall quite mediocre. The name, the personality, the story, the combat questions all need re-working.

I will again advise you to seek help from the appropriate sources in the discord, there are people who will help you create a solid application and guide you to success.

The council members are all there to help you succeed so please use the assistance they offer.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Warraker said, the application as a whole is mediocre and shows signs of low effort. Your synth name is the same as your ckey/marine, the story only has a few lines of dialogue out of Morrow, and Morrow's personality seems too long form for CM, you won't have time to write out facts about the handbook every conversation. I'm not opposed to it, but needs to be done in a more clever way.

This application is denied,
    Synthetic Senator