Vitoras - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Vitoras

Marine Name
    Bryce 'Tyrant' Logue

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Thal'Lik

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    The Scouting Ship finally reached it's destination point. Only two sounds were breaking the silence that spreaded through all rooms and corridors - noise of the engine's cooling system and the voice of Thal'Lik. He was doing the main procedure for his Hunt - praying to Gods. Some Yautja consider this optional, but Thar was more than sure: he must satisfy all powerful deities to be victorious: Gods of Hunting, Death and War.

- "Inevitable and ubiquitous Cetanu, bless me and let my every opponent to die as they deserve." - whispered Thal'Lik, slowly cutting his arm with ritual knife without any sign of this process being painful.

- "Strong and violent Kor'Ma, give me a prey strong enough to fight against your fellow servant and match his skills in a fair Hunt!" - shouted Thal'Lik, marking his weapon with green blood from the fresh wound.

- "Rightful and inventive Paya, give me an opportunity to get a trophy worthy of your attention, - he said emotionless , putting the mask on his face and then scratching it with the wristblades.

All preparations were finally completed. The Predator got up, toggled optical visors on and slowly walked into the Portal Chamber. He entered some coordinates into console and disappeared in a bright, blinding flash of light.

Thal'Lik found himself standing on a large branch of some tree. The weather was awful for the Hunt: it was raining, so Thal had no chances to use the cloak properly and move without being spotted by his prey. The only way to scout the area without being seen was obvious: jump from tree to tree trying to find a worthy opponent. This was kind of unpleasant, but Thal'Lik had no other choice: teleporter can't be used more than once in such short period of time. After some hours of exhausting and inefficient scouting Thal managed to find some kind of human military building. All people there were armed with rifles: low-tech compared to Yautja technology, but still useful. Thal'Lik didn't want to fight with them all: he was searching only for exceptional prey, so the battle with them all would just waste his time. It was still was needed to make a sacrifice to Gods for the Hunt to be successful, so Thal decided to begin from the human near the tree he was standing on.

Thal slowly and cautiously jumped from the branch, trying to make it as silent as possible. He thought that rain would help him to do this, but it only made things worse: Thal landed in the puddle with loud, distinct noise. The Human slowly turned to him and numbed in fear. After a couple of seconds he finally realised what had happened and tried to run, throwing his rifle away in the process. Thal obviously was faster: he readied his wristblades and charged towards the prey. Fate of this poor human was already decided: Thal caught him and was ready to land the final blow.

- "You... do not deserve to be a true warrior. " - said Thal'Lik, piercing the chest of his prey and ending it's life painlessly.

Thal had everything needed for the sacrifice. He took the human body and pulled it away from the building. Then he began his ritual to satisfy his Gods. This human wasn't good enough to be added to the trophy collection, but he was perfect for the sacrifice. Thal picked up the rifle the human had dropped earlier and made a strange symbol on it with his wristblade.

- "Kor'Ma, Great God of War, make my weapon sharp enough to cut through my opponents and prey!" - said Thal'Lik, adding more symbols on the rifle and putting it near the body.

- "Cetanu, Great God of Death, make my spirit and soul strong enough to endure any mortal problem." - said Thal'Lik, cutting out the heart of his victim and squishing it.

- "Paya, Great God of Hunting, make my mind strong enough to outsmart anyone and catch any prey I want to." - said Thal'Lik, carving some strange symbols on the head of dead human.

Suddenly, Thal began to feel like someone was watching him and waiting for the right moment to strike. He was actually too busy with the ritual to watch for guests, so it was surprising for him that someone had decided to chase him. He changed his visor mode to Thermal Scanning and started to search for the intruder. Soon enough he found an another one human standing in 10 meters from him and trying to aim for his head. Thal'Lik just laughed at him and readied his wristblades again. He wasn't expecting too much from the beginning, but Elders had told him that some humans can actually be strong enough both mentally and physically to be worthy opponents. Thal charged towards the human being ready to satisfy his Gods again and ask them for a strong opponent, but The Human began to shoot. He managed to hit Thal with armor-piercing ammo. The pain was unimaginable, but Thal'Lik was moving to his prey with the same speed. He always believed that pain is a big test to show your endurance and mental strength. Only true warriors can go through this. Thal had reached his prey and was ready to kill in the same way he killed the previous human, but this time his prey had sharp claws. The Human took a knife from his boots and stabbed Thar in the shoulder.

- "You are actually better than previous one." - Thal mocked, laughing and smiling - "I finally found a person worthy of the Warrior title. There is only one test left to show your true spirit." The Human was unable to understand these words, but he would never expect his fate to be even more cruel than the fate of that poor person that died before him. Thal'Lik began to slowly torture his prey. He was stabbing him with his dagger, trying to not hit vital spots. He was slowly delimbing him: from finger to finger, from arm to arm, from leg to leg.

Thal'Lik took the head of that human after the "Trial". He was not worthy enough to be considered as an equal for Thal'Lik, but Thal was unable to come back without a trophy. So, our Predator returned on his ship and continued to search for a opponent who can match his skills and endure true pain.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Thal'Lik can be actually considered as a usual religious Predator like some other Yautja: he always begins with a sacrifice and some rituals in order to make sure that Gods will be satisfied and that Hunt will end well. He actually believes that such things are necessary to be succesful.

Thal is extremely violent. He loves to slowly kill his prey, watching for their suffering and pain(Except Sacrifices). He believes that only ones who can endure such pain can be considered as an equal for him. Thal applies the same thing to himself, so he won't use any medicine like healing crystals before his prey is dead. Thal'Lik also believes that humans are mostly weak, so he would try to not hunt them down in most of cases(He still can use them as a sacrifice for his rituals).

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    1)Weapons. On usual Hunt prey can use any weapon it can find, but on Honor Duel both sides are restricted to use only melee weapons/fists(Ranged weapons are forbidden). This also means that a challenger(Predator) should provide the challenged with melee weapon if needed.

2)Participants of the Duel. Predators can hunt on any Worthy Xenomorph or Human, but only the person that showed something exceptional/ another Predator can be challenged with a Duel(Example: marine that managed to kill multiple Xenomorphs alone).

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Thal'Lik is actually extremely cocky and ambitious Predator. He considers himself as the perfect Hunter and Warrior, so he would show his domination over other Yautja. This means that he won't act unfriendly from the beginning, but he WILL think about achievements of others as something insignificant and show his thoughts to others.

Thal'Lik won't let anyone to mock himself or his rituals/religion. Thal is absolutely dedicated to his Gods, so any insult in his or Gods' side can result in a Honor Duel.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I consider myself as a good roleplayer, which is the main requirement for any Yautja on this server. I also managed to apply for Moderator and get my Captain whitelist back, which at least proves that people know me from the good side. I really want to show that I became better and that I can handle a Predator role. Another reason for this is that it would be nice to actually play something entirely new for me in the terms of roleplay and interacting with others. But, to be honest, I also want this whitelist because it's cool.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Vitoras; 02-28-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://gyazo.com/209a614ae6a15d881486e11ad9e27da5

There's 3 classifications for players while hunting, worthy, unworthy and innocent. Each of these has different limitations or lack of in regards to weapons/cloaking.

Story wise I wasn't very impressed

-The entirety of the story bar the religious remarks made by your Yautja was mostly a bland action sequence.

-There's a few grammar issues

-His personality isn't demonstrated beyond acknowledgement of the Gods until the tidbit about torturing the human during the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    https://gyazo.com/209a614ae6a15d881486e11ad9e27da5

There's 3 classifications for players while hunting, worthy, unworthy and innocent. Each of these has different limitations or lack of in regards to weapons/cloaking.

Story wise I wasn't very impressed

-The entirety of the story bar the religious remarks made by your Yautja was mostly a bland action sequence.

-There's a few grammar issues

-His personality isn't demonstrated beyond acknowledgement of the Gods until the tidbit about torturing the human during the fight.

What he said. Ontop of that, I really just don't trust you enough to pull off this role to an acceptable standard is what it comes down to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Titan View Post
    What he said. Ontop of that, I really just don't trust you enough to pull off this role to an acceptable standard is what it comes down to.

You constantly whined and bitched about how you lost your CO whitelist in msay and wherever else you could so I guess you can do that when this is very likely denied because the app itself is just bleh and I dont really trust you.
    hello im dondale

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember you sending me your story a few days ago while I was drunk, and now I�ve had the chance to go over your application.

The story is well written and shows you put effort into it. Though that�s about it. Your story is made up of you praying for most of it and not showing any real personality.

I�ve said it before but people really only care about how you�re going to play, personality, and your reputation in the community.

The religion thing is not bad if you do it right but all you did was pray for most of the story, and tell the story in third person.

-1 from me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So like I've told you in DMs, I think the problem was your story was fine except it just needed it to be expanded on showing more interaction than just a long winded prayer which shows you know about the lore and such.

How would your predator react if another predator called you foolish for praying to God A and not God B?

How would your predator react if they were to find a worthy marine prey praying to God?

How would your predator react if another predator were to do something dishonorable in its presence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    So like I've told you in DMs, I think the problem was your story was fine except it just needed it to be expanded on showing more interaction than just a long winded prayer which shows you know about the lore and such.

How would your predator react if another predator called you foolish for praying to God A and not God B?

How would your predator react if they were to find a worthy marine prey praying to God?

How would your predator react if another predator were to do something dishonorable in its presence?

Well, first question is easy. Yautja are a proud race, so this can be counted as a strong insult(especially for my Predator, since he is absolutely dedicated to his Gods). It can lead either to a verbal conflict(I can't make another Predator to change his religion, so the biggest thing I possibly can do is forcing him/her to shut up) or to a Honor Duel.

Second question is actually tricky. Any Predator would consider his/her religion the only correct one, so the fact that a prey has another religion would force Thal'Lik to make a conversation with it in order to change their mind and convert them to "true" faith(Humans actually can change their religion, so this would create a nice RP situation). If this didn't work, Thal'Lik will hunt them down whenever possible(this doesn't mean that he would consider his prey unworthy).

And for the last one: original Honor Code states that those who break the code no longer considered to be a Yautja and should be destroyed when encountered, but this wouldn't be interesting to just plasmacast and kill him/her for both me and that Predator. So, the best thing I can do in this case is a Honor Duel.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People want to harp on the past, but I think you've come along way.
    Besides becoming a moderator and aspirations of going the mapping route I think you get better over time. That being said if people have trust issues with you and whitelists, in the end you will just be held accountable like anyone else if you get accepted and do break the trust.

Your responses to my questions show me your head is in the right place.

+1

Whitelisted Predator ReDikAl.ZiP's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright after reading whole history, lore and responses I found some interesting things for myself.

Anyway, your answers did show me that you don't a dummy and well informed about Predators.

I'd like you give a chance, one chance. +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDikAl.ZiP View Post
    Alright after reading whole history, lore and responses I found some interesting things for myself.

Anyway, your answers did show me that you don't a dummy and well informed about Predators.

I'd like you give a chance, one chance. +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    People want to harp on the past, but I think you've come along way.
    Besides becoming a moderator and aspirations of going the mapping route I think you get better over time. That being said if people have trust issues with you and whitelists, in the end you will just be held accountable like anyone else if you get accepted and do break the trust.

Your responses to my questions show me your head is in the right place.

+1
    Thanks for your support!