Date of Incident
    May 14, 2022

Your Character Name?
    DP-728

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    fredthebrick

Accused Character Name
    Xik'uan Luar'Ke

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    03:25 CT 10:25 CEST

What rule(s) were broken:
    spirit of the WL

Description of the incident:
    Xenos were assaulting marines at the FOB for quite a while with preds running around observing.
    I heard in hivemind preds were fighting one of our praes after that I saw a message the prae was dead. After trying to pick off some marines from the FOB I saw I couldn’t do much so I decided to look for predators to fight to kill the time.

First pred I fought ran away after we fought for a bit so I went south to look for another one that was willing to fight. Seeing one just standing south east of the FOB I attacked him and moved back to see if he will run or engage me. He took out his melee weapon and attacked me. After 10 or 20 seconds he started backing off and took out his HPC and tried to lethal HPC me. He missed so he took out his plasma pistol and shot me setting me on fire. He proceeded to melee me after that and killed me.

I would like to also point out that it’s not a one round issue as a day or two prior I engaged the same player and was also plasma pistoled immediately and both times his reasoning in dead chat was that me attacking him first makes me dishonorable thus he can use every tool he has.

Personally I really like the whole concept and fighting the predators as marine and as xeno but being immediately HPCed/plasma pistoled the moment you attack them is really disappointing especially since in the recent forum thread many predator players said people don’t treat them as antags and spoke extensively about spirit of the whitelist and usage of HPCs/people attacking preds which technically makes them dishonorable but doesn’t warrant using every tool you have.

In this forum thread we have council members saying and I quote

“You SHOULD NOT BE abusing your caster as pred to murder everything that attacks you, especially if the target in question is alone. That is why the council has placed the spirit of the whitelist clause into the honour code. In the past few days I have been actively hunting predators both as marine and xeno. and in none of those rounds was i shot with a plasma caster. It surprises me because they are well within their rights to do so but they do not.”

-joe lamppost

Even the player I am reporting here said this himself

“Unless you want to sit down and detail out every possible encounter or situation for the HC, a clause in the effect of 'spirit of the WL' or 'don't be a dick' works. If they're a dick? They lose the WL. Sure preds COULD go around HPC'ing anything that attacks them first, but as we've seen that quickly ends in them losing the WL. As someone who recently got the WL and has spent a decent amount of time playing and observing preds with far more attention to their actions than I ever did before, I can very confidently say shit like that happens VERY rarely. In fact, the only times I've seen marines HPC'd since I got the WL was when they were being horribly LRP and moronic, or a few times during gear retrieval on the Almayer. Outside of that it's usually a stun, but even those are rare as fuck.”

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    forum posts:
    joe lampost - https://imgur.com/a/roioC12
    fredthebrick - https://imgur.com/a/FTh2DDG

What resolution are you seeking?
    In his own words the reported player said

"the effect of 'spirit of the WL' or 'don't be a dick' works. If they're a dick? They lose the WL. Sure preds COULD go around HPC'ing anything that attacks them first, but as we've seen that quickly ends in them losing the WL"

so i would think a heavy warning would be appropriate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching other goings on through my clan mask at the time of the attack and my immediate flinch reaction when I lost zoom and saw/heard a boxer knocking me over was to whip out my wrist scims the moment I got up so I could defend myself without dropping anything. I used them very briefly, I doubt for more than 5 seconds (The entire time the warrior was actively engaging me, I do not recall them moving back for me to chase), before putting some space between myself and the warrior and activating my plasma caster. The warrior kept on, so I shot a plasma sphere which missed. The explosion very briefly knocked them over and did a little bit of damage, but I didn't press them or rush in as soon as they got up.

I put the caster away and backed up further to see if the warrior would chase and continue the fight, and around this point I recognized it as the same warrior that had tried to say shooting them with a plasma pistol was an HC break a day prior, so I shot at them a bit with the plasma pistol while doing my best to avoid their attacks (I melee'd them with the pistol at one point). I had assumed that the combination of a near HPC and now being on fire would force them away to heal so I could follow and re-engage them without the ambush stacks. What instead happened was it continued to attack me, so I stood my ground and defended myself (which resulted in a gibbed warrior, instead of them just going down)

I'm sure they're very adamant that I'm out to murderbone everything I think is dishonourable, tricking xeno's into attacking me first so I can HPC them or something seeing as I was put on their super top secret naughty google doc, but a deep dive into the logs would show this is the only time I've ever HPC'd anything other than a wall or the APC. I stand by what I said in the thread provided in the evidence section of the report, because I have very rarely used the plasma caster at all, even for stuns. I have never killed anything with it, nor do I over-use it on dishonourable prey. I will however reserve the right to meet boxer ambushes with fire and sword, as the HC allows.

I also never said anything about 'using all my tools to kill you', that's some anime antagonist shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredthebrick View Post
    I put the caster away and backed up further to see if the warrior would chase and continue the fight, and around this point I recognized it as the same warrior that had tried to say shooting them with a plasma pistol was an HC break a day prior, so I shot at them a bit with the plasma pistol while doing my best to avoid their attacks.
    Did you just admit to metagaming in a PR?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I punched and jabbed to grab your attention then moved north 2 or 3 tiles to see how you would react. You took out your weapon and came at me so I thought you were willing to fight. After about 5,6 more punches you moved away and used the HPC.

Considering our fight from the previous day or so where you set me on fire and chased me even after I disengaged to the point of both of us dying to a inci OB my only logical option here was to fight as you would have chased me down as you did previously.

what happened from my perspective in both of these fight is that you start fighting as If I was honorable [ only melee] but once I got an upper hand you immediately use tools used on dishonorables.
    Running away to resist fire stacks while actively engaged is a sure way to die as xeno and if you already used an HPC and plasma pistol on me i expect you to just run me down while I am trying to extinguish so my only option left is to fight.

You on the other hand have tools like LPC, cloak and higher move speed to just disengage yourself if you don’t want to fight.

I never argued that what you did is against the HC but I think your actions just go against the spirit of the whitelist. As in someone attacks me I start losing yup it’s HPC time.

Also I am not 100% sure but I believe I wasn’t playing with the same xeno tag during our previous fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Did you just admit to metagaming in a PR?
    Metagaming as a term involves using out of game knowledge to gain some kind of advantage in game, or using out of character information in character. None of which is/was the case.

In our first encounter my immediate response was to plasma pistol the boxer warrior, and I did try to chase and finish you off that time because that wasn't the first time that round I'd been jumped by a xeno, so I can see why you would assume I'd try to finish you off the second time, too (Is that metagaming Tez? They recognized me too)

Both times I was also well above half health and my only concern was being perma-ko'd in a corner, which as far as I've experienced playing pred is the go to slime-tactic for xenos. I don't know if that was your goal, but without fail every other boxer that's attacked me like that has tried it

As for everything else, the logs can speak for themselves as to what was said and done. Could I have used something other than the HPC? Yes, I could have LPC stunned and run away like a very based predator. Or I could have shot a second HPC. I could have also run away, yes. I do not however believe it was abused, as it was a single shot and had nearly no effect on the fight other than a brief knockdown and a minor amount of damage while on weeds. I was more invested in what I had been watching through my clan mask and didn't want to deal with boxer slime. My predator wouldn't run away from a boxer attacking him out of the darkness, nor would he want to use 'every tool' at his disposal to flee. Xenomorphs are not capable of 'duels' or any kind of honour bound combat, so what would a hunter do if a bear comes crashing into his hunting camp trying to kill him? Run away? No, he'd shoot it. My predator is there to hunt, not play duels with a xeno

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there has not been a post in a few days So please refrain from Turning this into a fight with any further post until logs and a council make a decision
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs will be posted within 24 - 72 hours.

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident

Pulled Logs, A Verdict from an Admin or Above will be issued or on this situation a possible Council Verdict.
    We thank you for your patience.

Prim Ckey - Gachiweeb

Prim Name - DP-728

Sec Ckey - fredthebrick

Sec Name - Xik'uan Luar'Ke

Incident Time [07:58:56] - [08:16:32]

Combat logs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Warrior (Gachiweeb) Claims the Pred is running Presuming Unlisted Ckey/(Ruad'hri Luar'Ke) * will get this if the council request it

Spoiler Spoiler:

Combat logs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Marine Engages the warrior Briefly

Spoiler Spoiler:

More combat logs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Drone attempts to assist the Warrior (Gachiweeb)

Spoiler Spoiler:

More combat logs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ghost chat

Spoiler Spoiler:

A marine Engages him and the Pred(Fred the brick) Retreats

Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Council has determined that the verdict will be a heavy warning with a note attached.

Exercise more restraint in the future, don't just HPC anything that attacks you, especially if it's a lone target.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now