User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should be done about HEFA?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove it

18 34.62%
  • Balance it

15 28.85%
  • Nothing

19 36.54%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hefa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hefa

Something needs to be done about HEFA.

It's become a meme about just how bad they are. They cause much more damage to marines than they ever do to xenos. Personally, I try to balance out my gameplay between marine and xeno, and from every time I've seen it (hell even the people coming to me when I play as CMO complaining) it's the marines getting the shittier end of HEFA grenades. With the chance it doesn't get them killed by a xeno after taking a bone shattering hit, they'll have to back up to get splinted or possibly even sent up for syurgery.

I've observed this happen countless times, both from the side as a marine and a xeno. From the side of marine, it causes too much damage over a ridiculous blast radius, resulting in at least one bone being shattered for someone. I tend to play medic, so I'm the one splinting the marines falling victim. From the side of xeno, the damage, if any, barely shaves off HP, let alone leads to a kill. Even while observing it's been seen to fail every time.

On the contrary, there have of course been times it's been utilized successfully, as in it was thrown in properly with no damage to marines and full hits on xenos. Despite having success with a toss, the damage is still not going to be enough considering how quick xenos can move and how low the damage would be in general.

The big issues I've seen with HEFA in terms of development side is that no matter how hard you buff it against xenos, it would rarely be successful due to how bad the tosses can be and the speed xenos run away. Nerfing the damage against marines still wouldn't remove the broken bones from it (being a big issue). Removing the ability for it to break bones makes it too OP then. Evaluating it from multiple angles as done makes it a very awful item in general with nothing but negatives.

The general negatives of HEFA have been recognized by players over the server and even comes CO and ROs, resulting in them withholding HEFA from being handed out at Req.

My position on HEFA is that it just gets removed, but I'm interested in what the community thinks.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great suicide nade, don't remove it!

Really, all nades should be removed, because most marines are bald and they don't know how to use it. Rest is just griefers that want to disguise grief with incompetence.
    Even if left in current state, but greatly buffed against benos, it will still be shit.
    The best use I found for them is to aforementioned suicide when captured, or when beno is put in crit, then activate HEFA and drop this on tile it is lying. Cool explosion and gibbed beno guaranteed.

HEFA is in this tricky spot like communism is. On paper sounds great, but people are people: dumb, stupid, giefers, incompetent, cowards, maniacs, psychopaths etc.

Give me something that harms mobs only on the tile it explodes and you can take away HEFA no problem.

Removing would be best what we can do, but I think about one other solution: Make that HEFA doesn't send shrapnels in 45 degree from it was thrown/shoot from UGL/shoot from grenade launcher.

If "remove" option will be choosed, just remove it from HvX rounds and return it back during HvH.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have pretty good ideas for grenades.

Wait for them please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This grenade is meant for indoor use. Hasn't anyone gotten the idea for HVH to throw that grenade behind enemy barricades or in small rooms with Xenos.

Used HEF on big red near the garage and scattered Xenos and took over Garage with two randoms. Greatest moment of HEF ever with me.
    People will never understand the purpose of HEF and throw it out in the open field into many people. Even though many people still don't know, but laying down does prevent you getting hit from HEF unless you are on top of the grenade it's self.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw stop it with the meme polls. HEFA is yet another FF meme that marines take too far, just like the tank used to be. It's not that big a deal, especially now that they've developed a culture around them. I haven't personally witnessed serious HEFA FF in a good while now, and at this point you're probably more likely to get mangled from a standard buckshot or bursfire meme than you are from a horribly misused HEFA.

Also learn2throwback, i bet i would own you noobs in cod4 (no semtex). My personal suggestion?
    Add some sort of symbol on live nade sprites like the exclamation warning except it doesn't flash and allows marines to pick up live nades easier given their itty-bitty thin sprite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It's a great suicide nade, don't remove it!

Really, all nades should be removed, because most marines are bald and they don't know how to use it. Rest is just griefers that want to disguise grief with incompetence.
    Even if left in current state, but greatly buffed against benos, it will still be shit.
    The best use I found for them is to aforementioned suicide when captured, or when beno is put in crit, then activate HEFA and drop this on tile it is lying. Cool explosion and gibbed beno guaranteed.

HEFA is in this tricky spot like communism is. On paper sounds great, but people are people: dumb, stupid, giefers, incompetent, cowards, maniacs, psychopaths etc.

Give me something that harms mobs only on the tile it explodes and you can take away HEFA no problem.

Removing would be best what we can do, but I think about one other solution: Make that HEFA doesn't send shrapnels in 45 degree from it was thrown/shoot from UGL/shoot from grenade launcher.

If "remove" option will be choosed, just remove it from HvX rounds and return it back during HvH.
    I don't agree that because it allows for suicide it's justification to stay in the game. If you want marines to have a quick way to suicide, let them use cyanide pills or something as replacement.

Other than that, I agree with everything else you said.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluez View Post
    This grenade is meant for indoor use. Hasn't anyone gotten the idea for HVH to throw that grenade behind enemy barricades or in small rooms with Xenos.

Used HEF on big red near the garage and scattered Xenos and took over Garage with two randoms. Greatest moment of HEF ever with me.
    People will never understand the purpose of HEF and throw it out in the open field into many people. Even though many people still don't know, but laying down does prevent you getting hit from HEF unless you are on top of the grenade it's self.
    Of course marines got the idea to throw it behind the xenos. The issue is the lack of situations that's possible in and the inability to aim, along with other factors playing in on a high frequency basis. Nonetheless, your examples given are heavily circumstancial and doesn't account for the damage dealt to marines more often than not due to the fact it's indoors (you know, where the marines are).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggestion made everyone. Nade meta should suck less in general.

https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/5877

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidofmk771 View Post
    Aw stop it with the meme polls. HEFA is yet another FF meme that marines take too far, just like the tank used to be. It's not that big a deal, especially now that they've developed a culture around them. I haven't personally witnessed serious HEFA FF in a good while now, and at this point you're probably more likely to get mangled from a standard buckshot or bursfire meme than you are from a horribly misused HEFA.

Also learn2throwback, i bet i would own you noobs in cod4 (no semtex). My personal suggestion?
    Add some sort of symbol on live nade sprites like the exclamation warning except it doesn't flash and allows marines to pick up live nades easier given their itty-bitty thin sprite.
    This entire thread is serious and is not a joke. I don't know why you think "oh marines meme this therefore it's nothing serious" is actual logic to use.

HEFA isn't even horribly misused half of the time. There are a lot of bad throws and a lot of bad marines using them, yes. However, even when used with some sort of skill and aim, it still causes FAR worse damage to marines via broken bones and brute damage than it ever could to xenos.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBluez View Post

But HEDP remains better for HvH due to the blast radius, better damage to cades and the knockout letting you follow through and get easy kills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My logic is that I just don't see these horrible HEFA incidents anymore, at least not before the DS crash. Ilike the things and they can be useful, they just need to be less plentiful lest marines get tempted to start using them recklessly since they're so rarely used to begin with.

Just make the boxes carry far less, maybe even over half. They are specialty nades, not exactly something for general use, they're explicitly anti-personnel.

(also maybe make small incend nade boxes too)