Marine Name
    Shay 'Ghost' Silverlocke

Other Whitelist Applications
    NIL

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Clara

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Clara is a limited production run Synth with a focus on assisting in engineering and medical professions which includes psychiatry. As such, Clara is known for her nice and caring demeanor while also being introspective.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I am applying for the synthetics role as I enjoy being a gap filler. I usually find myself performing roles that few wish to perform. As such I find that the closest experience I got to being a Synth would be a deployed XO as I have both the engineering and medic skillsets. However I lack surgery. I enjoy combat, however I found support roles more therapeutic and found joy in actually helping marines, be it helping a ComTech who is clearly overwhelmed with FOB construction or helping a medic CPR a graveyard to buy them time to pick up as many personnel as possible.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    I recall an admin event where I was XO and Karen was in the role of a Working Joe who was reportedly hostile. Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau was CMP at the time hence I had ordered Karen's termination and disposal into the ASRS pit to ensure she could not be revived, only to the both of our horror, Karen had somehow crawled back out and was on the loose again, before Jean finally subdued her and incinerated her. While I had limited direct physical interaction with her, I found the situation rather confusing and amusing as the command team panicked regarding her return.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...f=true&sd=true

My Synthetics story regarding a routine deployment to assist a colony with a communications failure.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I would consider myself decently versed in Engineering, having constructed FoBs as a Bravo ComTech, RTO and SL, also having to repair APCs to ensure power for vendors that I often have to salvage from the colony and repair due to lack of supplies from the Almayer and having to make do. I am also aware of how to hack doors and vendors in the event of a emergency such as a power outage during a Hijack as long as I have the skills and tools. I have also hacked the ASRS while manning Requisitions as a Bravo RTO and SL for the sake of practice. I have also memorized the deployment of the Portable Telecommunications Unit. I am also well versed in the M-557 APC maintenance such as removing of parts for repairs as well as hull repairs.

How familiar are you with Command?
    As most of my hours are as Executive Officer (Due to me gap filling the lack of CIC) I am well versed in command, knowing how to operate the overwatch consoles, performing announcements, sending supply drops, transmitting messages via the overwatch consoles as well as firing and reloading the Orbital Bombardment System. I am also aware of how to activate the different alerts, when to activate them as well as the different options such as evacuation, ERTs and self destruct.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Medical was something I found soothing as I enjoy performing surgery, I am also capable of performing surgery without an operating table as a FOB doc using Oxycodone as a substitute for anesthetics. I also had to fix up marines who were in the middle of surgery when the FOB doctor got dragged off by a lurker using poor substitutes for surgical tools such as a blowtorch to cauterize a wound. I also am capable of giving blood transfusions via syringe and needles especially to the more important roles to get them back in combat instead of just the standard Iron Sugar and food.
    Chemistry is something I am capable of, although I do not experiment with different solutions and merely create the basic Chemicals in addition to the ones not found on the Wiki like Iron Sugar. Although I can mix up a basic batch of UNGA on request.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Requisitions was one of the first few soothing roles I found, having spent many hours as a Cargo Tech before transitioning to Requisition Officer. I am aware of the buzzwords many marines use to describe whatever items they require, as well as their location with the exception of new or LRP marines giving unique terms, one such example was when a marine described Plastic Explosives as "Jeep Stuff" which was the only time I could recall being stumped and confused, however to be fair, so was the whole Requisition Line.
    I am also well versed in the processing of manifests as well as approving requests as well as understanding what the marines on the ground require in the FoB crate such as flares and flashlights for lighting. I am also aware of how to juggle the budget as I played Requisitions before the budget update. Hence knowing when to deny certain unreasonable requests by marines, such as a SG gunner demanding I purchase him a new set of SG gear for 10k when the same amount could easily buy 3 stacks of materials. I am also aware what to pack for a last stand hold and what to prioritize with limited time.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    For example if I were operating on a marine in the medical bay on LV-624, and a Xenomorph, say a Lurker or Runner entered to cause harm to either myself or my patient, who is sedated and unable to defend me or themselves, I am allowed to attack the Xenomorph in an attempt to kill if it chooses to remain within the Medical Bay or until it retreats, whereas I must then immediately return to treating my patient.

In the event I am attacked while alone, I am allowed to melee it a few times while attempting to escape. However my priority is my self preservation first and not the termination of the Xenomorph.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    NIL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen you in a support role, I've only seen you as XO, RTO, and Spec. Your notes also show you have a jban from doctor still sitting, you told me in LRC that it was lifted, but I've yet to see you play doctor in that time. I haven't been able to play CM much over the past few weeks, but no one I'm aware of has seen you play these roles in order to achieve vouches either.

I also have some issues regarding your OOC personality, you are quite frankly rude and act extremely self important. Every time I've seen you in LRC has been either talking about yourself and how awesome you are, or shitting on someone. Much less of the shitting on someone than the self aggrandizement to be fair.

Due to these reasons I cannot vouch for you and do not think you're ready for the WL. You're very new to the CM community, and it really shows with your interactions IC and OOC. Like with you BEing marines via OB as an XO for 'desertion' which, while extremely funny, is a blatant break of both server rules and the CO guidelines themselves (which govern the BEs themselves). Synths have to follow every rule to the letter, and a synth performing poorly reflects on all of us. How can we trust you if you can't even follow server rules or the CO guidelines which is a WL role I'm fairly certain you're also interested in (which means I'd expect you to have looked over the guidelines, especially the interesting bits like BE rules).

Please improve yourself along with playing the roles that you need to be an expert at in order to play synth well (Doctor, Engineer, and to a far lesser extent, RO.)

Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was rude and acted self important? I apologize if I seemed so. Also I have play doctor in the time, I admit my temper can get the better of me at times, I can be patient at times though, I only did it once as a Charlie PFC gave me coords and it was in a rush. I did apologize to the marines afterwards. I do understand your concerns, however I have asked the councilor Bigboyyo regarding my Jban which has been removed by Soldier, Bigboyyo told me to just put no. Thank you for your advice though maniac. I will strive to improve my attitude. Also I am not a CO? I try not to break marine law and rarely am arrested as well, unless the violation was just hacking a vendor after getting a department member's approval. But thank you Maniac.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen and played with Shay Silverlocke endless times. While it is true they had a Doctor ban, it was justified through management and, in my opinion, it should be overlooked (the reason is somewhat minor, as well).

I have been waiting for this app for so long, we have been discussing this along and I partially helped you make up your synth app. Your RP can be improved, which I will agree upon, but you do have the skills to deal with people, and I have seen your excellent determination to grind on the support roles you need to become a synth. I have both seen you as a squad engineer, and doctor, besides only XO, RTO or spec. Sometimes I spotted you in other support roles as well.

Your character is also known for being usually along with Cara Parker, at least to my perception.

Like with you BEing marines via OB as an XO for 'desertion' which, while extremely funny, is a blatant break of both server rules and the CO guidelines themselves (which govern the BEs themselves).
    If this is true, however, you'll have some trouble dealing with synthetic guidelines. I'm sure you know them to the letter, you have witnessed several synths play (me being one of them, and I can say I thoroughly enjoy playing with you), but you'll also know that taking things to an extreme is not something very welcoming to the whitelist.

As c4xmaniac said, a mistake made by one synth will reflect on the whole WL. Take that in mind.

With that said, I will give you my +1. So long as you keep your notes clean around, and you prove yourself worthy of the whitelist, I'm sure Clara can become an awesome Synthetic.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of effort she put in the story is quite a sight, and although she does play XO quite alot, I have seen her play other roles including medical and marine roles, I havent seen her play an MP role so i guess she should focus around that part a little more. Although i myself dont have the synthetic whitelist, I can see that she has her mindset set to get the whitelist by asking help from a mentor and taking her time in making it. Therefore i see no reason to not give this one a +1
    Last edited by Skateboreding; 05-15-2022 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Minor spelling mistake

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clara is known for her nice and caring demeanor while also being introspective.
    This is a boring personality and will not give you unique opportunities for roleplay, nor will it be memorable. It's also incredibly generic since it just boils down to "is nice".

The story was also generic, your synth could have been replaced with a human in it and it would not change one bit other than the small bit about them being hit by an antenna and them "doing calculations".

Synth as a whitelist has far, far more potential than this - your synth has next to no backstory or interesting background, and nothing to actually talk about themselves because you have got no proper personality/history/quirk going on here.

I strongly suggest a rewrite of your personality and story, look at other accepted applications for examples of personalities - they could be something like "likes to cook", "teacher", or even "groovy 80s guy". Just not "nice".

I also agree with c4x's judgement here. -1.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya got spirit, and I like you well enough, but, I'm going to echo some other people here with a few points.

1. You're just a bit new. You need a while to relax, play the game, settle into your own rythem and get a bit more well known. We still don't have the clearest idea of your medical capabilities, which is a huge part of the synth gameplay, and, there's not really any way for us to tell if you're good at medstuff aside from just seeing you do it over a solid period of time.

2. The personality needs work. I should have said this when you sent me the story in the first place, but, your synth needs to have things to latch onto, foundations to build your character around. Patrick likes to talk about music, and corprate culture. Day is a teacher, and can build off of typical teacher mannerisms. Clara seems kind of flat. I was rejected on my first app in large part because my initial synth idea was a lot like your own, and trust me, it was for the best. If you build your synth with a good meaty basis, you can blossom that into endless interaction down the line.

These are basically the reasons it took me two apps to get in myself, so, don't feel too bad about it.
    Think of a character you like from something, pick a few traits from them, and forge a new synth from there, and come back sometime.
    You've got potential, For now though, I've got to give this a -1
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The soul in this application is definitely there.

However, as some others in this thread have mentioned, I feel that you're still too new and posted this application too early. I've seen you as Engineer and a bit as Squad Medic recently, and you're not too bad, but there's still considerable room for improvement. Keep playing support roles, and you'll see improvement through experience somewhat quickly.

I won't bother repeating what everyone else has already said about the personality, and you and me also already discussed it a bit in DMs. Try to look into your own hobbies or occupation for inspiration on which direction to take your synthetic's personality. For example, c4xmaniac's synth uses a lot of baseball terms since he has experience playing baseball in real life.

As for your OOC behavior, I feel you are a bit too invested in the game. Being invested is good, but being overinvested can be a detriment. Please do not feel obligated to play rounds, play them for fun.

Unfortunately I have to give this a -1

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As previous commenters have said, this application has soul and passion, and your synth's personality is alright (could use a little more fleshing out, ask 'why' questions), but there are a decent amount of reasons that have been mentioned as to why you aren't ready for synth yet. OOC behavior and being new being the most important.

This application is denied, you can apply again in a month.
    Synthetic Senator