Marine Name
    John Gray

Other Whitelist Applications
    This is my first app

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Billy

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Billy was originally a prototype marketing synthetic designed with the purpose of opening mobile market stands to sell the many wonderful products of Wey-land Yutani. Billy shows intense loyalty toward the Wey-land Yutani corporation but will gladly assist anyone he can make a sale to.

As such Billy is an incredibly upbeat synthetic who will do their absolute best to sell the goods of Wey-land Yutani. Normally they can be found stationed near your local Forward Operating Base or even teaming up with the ever talented Corporate Liason to ensure the profits of Wey-land Yutani.

**Logs Locked Clearance level X of the Wey-land Yutani Corporation**

In truth Billy's true goal is not solely to bring profits to Wey-land Yutani but rather to observe and collect information of critical staff and personnel and upload this information to Wey-land Yutani or forward it directly to the Corporate Liason. Therefore if ordered Billy will instantly take any opportunity to work directly with any Command level personnel to obtain critical information of the USMC for the Wey-Land Yutani Corporation.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Truthfully I always found myself interested in a synthetic/AI role play character from time to time.

I thoroughly enjoy playing support characters. Even more so if I can do an RP bit with them. Everything from the Zombie denier CMP to PETA protester CL to even just the simple and chill hippy nurse who passes out "chill pills" (space drugs).

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    Hmm, I've honestly had a lot. Probably my favorite recent one was roping a working joe into being a witness for an "egg bit" as a CL. A bit where I put a chicken egg and chicken inside of my containment cell and had the Working joe testify that I did have an egg in there. The end result being me arrested with mps and command breaking into my office stealing id just to find out i had a chicken in my containment and not a queen.

For a more serious part it would likely be sawyer, patrick, norman or one of the others reminding me of some bits I forgot during a role. Be it surgery or OT chems.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The marines of the Almayer deploy to Kutjevo Refinery and encounter a Synth running a Snack Box Market Stall at the Landing zone and direct the synthetic running it topside where it encounters the Corporate Liaison.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I know pretty much how to build almost anything. From setting up PACMAN generators with floodlights, to making a fast food restaurant on LZ, to all the OT chems and how to mass produce them. I can help load the OB or cas system. I can build new crew monitors or set up cameras.

That said if I ever struggle I tend to ask if need be.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Got many hours as both CMP and XO. I know it can be frustrating at times and that you're a glorified radar with audio.

But that said I still do enjoy it like the masochist I am. Everything from helping Req send down a crate to a certain squad, being essentially a dispatch unit for all crew, to dialing OBs only to find out "Hey not so great cords" then having to scramble the troops back to fob and pray we hold.

I know how to direct squads to downed troops. reading out tac maps. The importance of sensor towers.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    From drugs to toxins to all the good medical stuff such as IA, IS and KD. I can do surgery both with surgical tools as well as the barbaric hardware tools and ripping open skin bare handed. When it comes to healing and reviving I know it's best to go with timers and damage most of the time over role. Unless there's a medic or doctor I can bring up rather fast to help out.

If I had to say my weakness. Probably research, mostly because honestly I just don't enjoy it.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know it including the black market. With the Unlimited budget we have nowadays I fear that req is all but impossible to screw up. Outside of being a psycho who orders a bunch of APC ammo or crayons.

But ya I know the stamps, making custom ammo boxes, ordering stuff and more importantly what to order. I know the majority of req line slang to, though I do get stumped occasionally by the maniacs asking for recoil dampeners.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If I'm near the front line playing field medic and the marine I'm working on suddenly gets attacked by a runner.

If I'm alone and get attacked I attack back to spook them away; If im a colony synth I may be a bit more aggressive.

Im at the fob and see a burrower attempting to melt cades. I can swat at them and spook them away from the cade line.

I get a delta alert and I carve my way to a lifepod after we lose CIC and I have no way to realistically revive marines.

I hid inside a thermal tarp and managed to get overlooked so I begin to bring back marines in order of: doctors, medics, anyone that can help bring people up with a focus more so on damage + timers than role if I'm honest. But as I'm doing this I or the doctor I revive get attacked by a runner that discovered us.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Not off the top of my head
    Last edited by johngray; 05-22-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Synthetic story doc link doesn't allow public viewing. I would change that ASAP and if you need help, ask anyone in the Discord. Otherwise I'll give proper feedback once your story can be read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    changed but honestly believe I'm going to withdraw the app. Feels like a one dimensional bit character and not exactly happy with the backstory. Feels like it very quickly gets away from the initial market guru BILLY mays inspired synth and more focused on the WY observer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask in the #whitelist-app-help channel on the discord for help, we’d be glad to give you a hand. Also I’d recommend playing more support roles while you wait to reapply. I’ve never seen you as anything other than an MP role, we’d really like to see you playing support roles more so we can judge your skills. Plus, those roles are fun!
    Synth Gaming

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn, feel free to reach out if you want any help in developing a character.
    Synthetic Senator