Your Character Name?
    Evelyn Meer
    Their BYOND Key
    Solarmare
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    3/1/2019 12:00 am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.

Enforcement of the rules
    - Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    - We are not a government repressing their citizens. Don't hassle players for literally everything.
    Description of the incident
    I ahelped about the Constant issue surrounding xenos skipping whichever LZ was the designated LZ in order to call down the other shuttle. in this case, LZ2 was designated, and overrun. the xenos decided to move to LZ1 and call down the alamo, robbing us of it for counterattacking, evacuation, or RPing.

Solarmare informed me it was a rule, when i asked for the rule to be enforced, he stopped responding to my messages. i feel like just up and ignoring a player when they ask for rules enforcement is a unprofessional practice.
    The xenos had no reason to venture all the way over to LZ1 after taking LZ2, other than robbing the marines, and players of a tool in order to RP evacing.
    Evidence
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I cut out in game content, like comms chatter.
    As of 12:23 of this report i have not received a response.
    How you would punish the accused
    I would like
    -A clear ruling on the dual LZ system abuse of skipping ot other LZs. this either needs to be allowed, or not allowed. and enforced as such.
    - I doubt anything will be done to a senior admin for just up and giving up on a conversation after informing the player that, yes, the rule was broken, so i just want a clear ruling at this point for the future.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I witnessed this, and I felt Solarmare explained it to you quite well. Unless I am mistaken, it's a known bug the devs are working on, and as Solarmare said in PMs to you, you had already lost the planet entirely. There was no indication of anyone trying to counterattack and ultimately using either LZ didn't matter to the ultimate outcome.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to be under the impression that rules need to be unilaterally enforced just because they exist.
    In this case there were no marines on the planet, xenos taking either dropship would have made no difference other than taking a longer time if I had forced them to use the other.
    I stopped replying to you because I was essentially repeating myself on the reason, and you weren't actually listening to why it wasn't being enforced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill be grabbing logs for this in a moment.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admin PMs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ceyella
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    I witnessed this, and I felt Solarmare explained it to you quite well. Unless I am mistaken, it's a known bug the devs are working on, and as Solarmare said in PMs to you, you had already lost the planet entirely. There was no indication of anyone trying to counterattack and ultimately using either LZ didn't matter to the ultimate outcome.
    Marines would be punished for abusing a bug regardless of the reason they did it, other factions are given a pass.
    it's a bug and a mod even acknowledged that ( ^) By all rights, they should enforce the rules against exploiting bugs (and there are rules against it) regardless of who does it and when.

especially since, as Solarmare seems to fail to realize, the only reason to switch over to steal the CAS dropship after crushing the FOB is to deny Marines the ability to CAS Alamo if someone with flares survives on it, and to deny medevac escapes.
    Last edited by Ceyella; 03-01-2019 at 06:17 PM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CAS strikes on the Almayer aren't actually possible so far as I know. I am aware Neth did a round where it WAS possible, but am uncertain as to if this goes along all.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's make it clear that yes, calling down the dropship is a bug. Yes, the Queen abused a bug and therefore broke the rules. So no, Queens should not be calling down the dropship at the non-designated LZ.

That said, forcing the xenos to take the other dropship would've delayed the round and them going up on DS1 or DS2 would have otherwise had little effect on the round, so Solarmare decided to let this go in order to ensure that the round flow was preserved. This is something that they are allowed to do as a Senior Admin and pretty much a textbook example of how Rule 0 should be used, therefore no action will be taken against Solarmare since they acted in the best interests of the round.

Resolved.