Date of Incident
    May 28, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Flint Rockgut

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Chainsawmullet

Accused Character Name
    Rhuu'Nhon

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    11:30

What rule(s) were broken:
    Honor Code

Description of the incident:
    Was throwing flares, when I saw a pred. I commented because I've never seen them with a cloak before. Nice drip, while moving to join my SL. They took this as LRP, and began to attack me. I didn't have any weapons outside my M56d, so I couldn't defend myself so I tried running away while telling them to stop. They ran me down spamming attacks on me while I was telling them to stop then skinned me alive perma killing me a few minutes into landing. When questioned they said it was because I was LRP, but they straight up wordlessly killed an unarmed marine who wasn't fighting back. Not engaging in conversation and just spamming attacks is pretty low roleplay.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I did not get logs, but I did Ahelp the moment it happened.

What resolution are you seeking?
    Remove them from Pred whitelist, they clearly are just going to use this to grief.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFC Flint Rockgut says, "Nice drip"
    You grab combi-stick with both hands.
    PFC Flint Rockgut says, "I don't even"
    PFC Flint Rockgut says, "Have a gun"
    PFC Flint Rockgut says, "Leave me alone"
    PFC Flint Rockgut says, "I have"
    PFC Flint Rockgut says, "No weapon"

Look up "roleplay standards" and then look up "metaing the honour code".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, allow me to respond with.

Commenting on what someone is wearing is not low roleplay. It is actively roleplaying, roleplay standards with people we refer to as just big Jamaicans which are humans and commenting on their outfit. While it might be hilarious to you, but when you don't have a weapon and someone is silently spam attacking you what are you suppose to say? Justifications for perma killing someone because they commented on your outfit? Perma killing prey that didn't fight back? Perma killing prey without a weapon? Or did you perma kill me for low roleplay because I was telling you to not attack me because I was unarmed? Everything that I did at least has some merit in roleplay when it comes to standards of communication, as well as some base level of expectations from engaging with another person when you don't understand why they're killing you.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spouting a meme about drip and then telling a pred "don't hurt me i'm unarmed" is both LRP and actively using OOC knowledge in an IC setting. Throwing people back is a courtesy and not one I feel the need to extend to someone who fails roleplay standards and actively tries to meta the honour code. I won't be responding any further than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask what I should have said when you were stabbing me to death that would have uhh prevented you from perma killing me? I had about 3 seconds while you were spam throwing your combi stick at me that you didn't include in your logs. And believe it or not saying drip isn't low roleplay. It's an IRL term it's not even internet slang it's pop culture slang which is used in every day conversation.

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predators are antagonists. They are not your friend; you should not be complimenting the monstrous, Alien warrior when you are also fighting other monstrous, Alien warriors.

Marine–Predator encounters can have roleplay (it is encouraged), but don't expect Predators to be forthcoming if you consider anachronistic memes acceptable.

You are a Marine deployed to a colony-turned-battlefield because biological horrors subjugated the entire colony's innocent population to a fate worse than death—a fate now befalling your comrades.
    And the best thing you thought to say to a similarly terrible monster was "nice drip".
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRWasHere View Post
    Predators are antagonists. They are not your friend; you should not be complimenting the monstrous, Alien warrior when you are also fighting other monstrous, Alien warriors.

Marine–Predator encounters can have roleplay (it is encouraged), but don't expect Predators to be forthcoming if you consider anachronistic memes acceptable.

You are a Marine deployed to a colony-turned-battlefield because biological horrors subjugated the entire colony's innocent population to a fate worse than death—a fate now befalling your comrades.
    And the best thing you thought to say to a similarly terrible monster was "nice drip".
    Untitled.jpg

This is legit what I thought I saw in my head from what the sprite conveyed to me. Just some dude in a mask with a cloak, upon looking up what preds look like and getting an idea of how tall they are I can understand why that isn't correct. I'll take it as my bad upon not conveying sprite art to being too human like and trying to engage with them like a human.