User Tag List

Thread: TheeBiggest - Synth fob defense maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TheeBiggest - Synth fob defense maybe?

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    johngray

Date of Incident
    May 31, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Johngray/X-FF

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    TheeBiggest

Accused Character Name
    Katie

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    10:43pm central us time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Synth fob defense maybe?

Description of the incident:
    So to set the scene.

Katie as well as three other marines were building initial cadelines of the southern FOB while being watched by a burrower(myself) and a runner. While katie was building the burrower decided to burrow over and attack them in hopes of spooking them or just plain be a nuisance. While attacked katie defended themselves by swatting at the burrower. The burrower realizing that it was in a very poor spot decided to burrow away as surrounded by a synth and three marines was not going to end well.

The burrower attempted to burrow away only for katie to grab them and pull them. The burrower then tried for their one two combo of tremor and burrow away. Only for the synth katie to quickly get back up and grab pull them around. The burrower again attempted to spam burrow away only for the synth's deathly grip to yank them around as marines proceeded to then shoot them dead.

When a runner asked why katie the synth killed them. The synth simply replied that the burrower attacked first and deserved to die for their actions.

Possible unknown: I do not know if as a burrower first round contact I would be considered a lethal threat to the fob or not. I did burrow over and swing first. So it very well could of been a trigger for katie to assume (oh this is a lethal and dangerous force to the operation. let us grab and pull them so that marines can subdue it).

**This is more of a precedence case for reference**

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs from admins. (jamesthebond I'm assuming).

What resolution are you seeking?
    Honestly... no punishment. I mean its really up to the council and how they want to handle this. The only reason I'm reporting it is because fob synth combat is a grey area and a half so this is more of a precedence case. Much like the Mia v Lurker or Tomlin v Burrower cases.

It was early round xeno deaths... so not like I was waiting long to respawn. And it was also slightly comical from the right perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna be straight to the point from my exact POV of what happened with the engagement.

Kutjevo, LZ2, towards the SW building with the security stuff, I'm doing a "check" of the FOB's perimeter defenses
    I go to the building and I see 2 holes in the walls going south, peering through I could see a burrower just briefly before it suddenly disappears
    I report it to nearby Marines there's a burrower nearby.
    I get the required materials to make a cadeline to block off the wall and holes going into FOB
    Same building, I catch a glimpse of the Burrower INSIDE the building before instantly teleporting out
    I begin making my cadelines to deny access of other Xenos getting inside
    (?) A runner sees me from the other side, telling me to stop as I continue
    Suddenly the burrower teleports ontop of me, knocking me onto the ground
    3 Marines notice and begin the engagement
    Burrower tries escaping, I pull on it once to stop it from doing so
    Burrower stomps, knocking myself and another Marine to the floor, tries to escape
    I deny it from teleporting away with another pull while a nearby Marine shoots it
    (Memory gets hazy here) Burrower attacks as self defense and I hit it with the breaching hammer to ensure I disable the threat
    Burrower dies and I go about the round afterwards.

Following Synth guidelines, I followed rule 6. 6 - If engaged in combat, you must ensure the threat disengages or is ""disabled"". If it runs away, you are not to chase it to the ends of the Earth.

This is my side of the story of how it happened. The Councilors are free to PM me on Discord for either the resolution or any details they want elaborated on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs for the incident!

Now that logs are posted, wait for the final decision to be made!

Involved:

johngray - XF-771-F (Elder Burrower)
    TheeBiggest - Katie (Synthetic)
    Third Party

Katie is aware of the burrower, and she plus two others kill it when the burrower attacks
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The runner earlier with the burrower confronts Katie
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The burrower ahelps the incident, Jamesthebond handles it
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The round continued on from there.
    If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council discussed the manner brought to our attention by this report and have determined that TheeBiggest acted within the Synth Guidelines. No action will be taken against them. By way of explaining, I will provide two direct quotes from the guidelines: "If engaged in combat, you must ensure the threat disengages or is disabled." "While a Synthetic Unit is moving between locations, returning wounded, guarding the FoB, or patrolling the colony alone or in small groups, they are allowed to defend themselves and the lives of other humans, provided that assistance from others nearby is ineffective or unable to arrive in time." The burrower (X-FF) was disengaged by being outside the southwest corner building of LZ2, Katie was not attacking. The burrower came inside the building, engaged Katie and the marines there, which satisfies the condition that the burrower was not disengaged, nor disabled. The fact Katie was slashed multiple times while she was securing FOB, makes it reasonable that Katie would defend FOB and themselves. Additionally, a VP pistol and M41A proved ineffective to handle the threat. Self-preservation allows synths to defense themselves, particularly in non-frontline conditions. These satisfy the conditions of the second quote.

To address "The only reason I'm reporting it is because fob synth combat is a grey area and a half so this is more of a precedence case": This is NOT a precedence case, and nothing should be filed with that intent in mind. Perceived violations of the Synth Guidelines should be reported, and the council will evaluate their merit on a case by case basis.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't the supreme court, next time address the council via discord if you want a "precedent" looked into instead, they can discuss and/or clarify stuff if need be.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids