User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jailbreaks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jailbreaks

With the move of the brig to literally the centre of the ship, as well as ARES giving C4 crates, this seems like the perfect storm for an increase in jailbreaks.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it.

Jailbreaks are rare from what I've seen in the first place, and simply having the brig near marines won't make it more likely. It might even deter jailbreaks, since not all squads are usually onboard with that kind of stuff. If they are, well, then it's going to be a mutiny and a jailbreak won't be the big thing.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to an admin Jailbreaks are an OOC issue and are only allowed during mutinies or the DS crashing into the Almayer, but the Admin rule Zero'd it when giving me a ruling so I think it's only an Issue when that particular admin is online.

In my opinion Jailbreaks should definitely be dealt with ICLY and the particular admin is notorious for being super against anything that might be considered "fun".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    Doubt it.

Jailbreaks are rare from what I've seen in the first place, and simply having the brig near marines won't make it more likely. It might even deter jailbreaks, since not all squads are usually onboard with that kind of stuff. If they are, well, then it's going to be a mutiny and a jailbreak won't be the big thing.
    I was more thinking shipside roles with the standard "MT arrested for illegal bar, other MTs break them out" thing rather than a squad issue, which usually escalates into mutiny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slduggy View Post
    According to an admin Jailbreaks are an OOC issue and are only allowed during mutinies or the DS crashing into the Almayer, but the Admin rule Zero'd it when giving me a ruling so I think it's only an Issue when that particular admin is online.

In my opinion Jailbreaks should definitely be dealt with ICLY and the particular admin is notorious for being super against anything that might be considered "fun".
    Sad. I think it should be IC too, as long as it's reasonable like how mutiny's are done.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its pretty easy to rulebreak now if ya get an MT or even just some C4. Although i believe its been ruled its not allowed from an OOC standpoint anymore.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slduggy View Post

Yeah I don't know the context about that but I don't think jailbreaks should be OOC. If they're arrested IC for a crime they committed IC, I don't see why they can't stage a jailbreak/escape IC. Maybe there's a point where it becomes griefing, but I don't know that slapping "OOC" on all jailbreaks isn't the way to go if you ask me.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    Yeah I don't know the context about that but I don't think jailbreaks should be OOC. If they're arrested IC for a crime they committed IC, I don't see why they can't stage a jailbreak/escape IC. Maybe there's a point where it becomes griefing, but I don't know that slapping "OOC" on all jailbreaks isn't the way to go if you ask me.
    If they did something minor, what's the point of busting them out? Did you plan to bust your friend out of police station cell when he insulted cop during heavy drinking night? No, it's stupid, it's very LRP, this is why it should be OOC untill said prisoner has a death sentence. Then it should be a free game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the points of making arrests an IC matter then suddenly putting up the "OOC" shield when you try to break them out?

let MP's deal with it, it actually gives them something to do. retard C4's into his brig? he risks getting a hefty sentence or even death, but if he succeeds, then good on him; thats the MP's job to stop him, not admins

but what do i know lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs already have to battle entire squads just to arrest one PFC for insubordination. If jailbreaks become common then MPs will either need buffing or the brig will need moving again, which would be effort for everyone involved.

I can also see one of those grieftastic episodes where a MP tries to stop the jailbreak everyone starts punching them until they get critted. Then admins have to get involved and it becomes a cluster fuck of people saying
    Player:'well I was only punching'

Admin:'you punched them into crit'

Player:'Everyone else was doing it'

Or

Ahelp:'Delta just caused a jailbreak and critted a MP'

Admins:'This is an IC issue. Have a CM day!'