User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire too punishing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get hit by blue flames you'll get hit by an RPG, M92 grenades, or a scout burst anyway and those other weapons don't have the downside of you know. Leaving a blazing trail that blocks people from chasing the toast xeno.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    If you get hit by blue flames you'll get hit by an RPG, M92 grenades, or a scout burst anyway and those other weapons don't have the downside of you know. Leaving a blazing trail that blocks people from chasing the toast xeno.
    Except if you get hit by a RPG pointblank it blows up the spec too, grenades only get you if you stay near them, and you don't die instantly to 1 scout burst usually. You also don't have to chase anyone that got hit by blue flame because it will kill them without any more shooting because its op as fuck.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    I don't think fire is punishing enough. Though it's better now than it was just a few weeks ago where xeno players would casually stroll through fire like it's nothing. Personal opinion but if a xeno is set on fire below 20% of hp it SHOULD die; gg no re. Only chance is getting into water or a bunch of other xenos helping put you out.

For the most part, fire is just not something you REALLY have to worry about right now. Worry a little, but not enough in proportion to what it seems like fire should be to xenos.

Seems fire's been buffed more than I thought it was. It actually feels almost exactly like I wanted:
    In my ideal version of balance, being on fire means GTFO OR DIE. You should have a few seconds to get out of that fight to put yourself out, and if you can't manage that, too bad.

Maybe a little weaker than I'd like, but in a good place now.

That would be cool if it didn't take 3-4 resists to put yourself out which takes 5 seconds each. So no way a "few" seconds is long enough to survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    That would be cool if it didn't take 3-4 resists to put yourself out which takes 5 seconds each. So no way a "few" seconds is long enough to survive.
    I have to agree here. Make resisting drop less stacks each if you have to, but a marine just gets a full 5 seconds to kill a xeno resisting which is kinda retarded. You can just run into a horde of benos with no armor and get that pb off to suicide-kill a beno;

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think husking should return though, probably not as easy as it used to be but it would definitely help Xenos the long run wear down the attrition of Marine defibs and reinforcements.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bringing back husking is okay if boiler bomb stacks are significantly reduced, removing perma kills in one hit if your unlucky. Makes flamers a double edged sword if you don't put yourself out fast.

Thats the main reason husking is shit, boilers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fire is fine where It is

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Husking shouldn't have been removed, its pretty hard to secure perma kills as it is right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO no xeno should be COMPLETELY immune to fire. Flamers should have SOME effect, if not be a deterrent to the most reckless ravagers. Fire should not do much damage, just enough to make it count for something on prolonged exposure.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like how fire is now, Playing as Xeno recently it felt like something to be feared but also counter able with things like Prae/Boiler Acid spits.
    Kennard Davis
    -Captain
    -Medic
    -Trap
    -Spec
    -Retired from the Game, just a Forum Lurker now