User Tag List

Thread: Ollanius - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ollanius - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Ollanius.
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Bernard Burkhammer.
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/A. Not applicable.
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Military Police Cadet - or 'MPC' for short.
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Timeurss.
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent.
    Remaining Duration
    Infinite duration, until appealed.
    What other servers do you play on?
    Besides Colonial Marines, I occasionally dabble in a bit of IS12 and Roguetown. It's been a while since I've played any 'normal' servers.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    N/A.
    Reason for Ban
    Directly from the records: "Banned from Chief MP, Military Warden, MP Cadet - Consistently ignored admin indications to follow SOP and disregarded them. Appeal this on the forums. by timeurss (Moderator) on 2022-05-22 18:34:01".
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    The reason behind this ban was simple: I ignored an administrator's requests to put on HUDglasses several times, over the course of a round. This wasn't done out of maliciousness, but instead because I was led to believe that HUDglasses did not count as part of the 'department-specific headwear', that MPs are required to wear at all times.

Regardless, I now understand that this was improper conduct of me: not only by violating Section 1.4.2 of the Standard Operating Procedure, but also by not immediately complying to an administrator's request. I have thoroughly reread the Standard Operation Procedure in full, as to minimize the chance of such an incident happening again.

Before I continue, though, I'd like to quickly address a pair of notes that're relevant to this appeal - one that was posted a day before the job-ban, and another that was posted about a week later - and explain the circumstances around them. This is to help clear anyone that might be confused or unsure of my competency as a law-enforcing officer.

/////

[1]
    "Warned for deploying as cadet for an XO - Player was told by an XO (who broke multiple rules) to honourguard him, player was not honour-guarding even then and was at the enemy hive pushing in with XO nowhere in sight. by solidfury7 (Admin) on 2022-05-21 16:34:08".

To preface this note, this was the only incident that I have been written up for in my ~35 hours of playtime as a Military Police Cadet, preceding the aforementioned ban. I was ordered by the Captain to head down to the planet as a Honor Guard for him, which - at the time - I believed to've been lawful, given that I've done the same duty for multiple Majors in the past. There was no explicit wording in the Standard Operating Procedure or Marine Law that forbade such, so I assumed it was a lawful order. Nevertheless, I lost track of the Captain post-deployment due to the hectic groundside situation, followed some marines, and - when notified by the administrator - immediately turned around and returned to the Almayer.

/////

[2]
    "Shot up brig because MPs were arresting a ton of marines by tezrat (SeniorModerator) on 2022-05-28 21:46:01".

This happened some time after I was job-banned, as the culmination to a very tense round's beginning. In short, multiple high-ranking marines (alongside a Squad Leader) were arrested by the Military Police before the first deployment, over what were alleged to be superficial charges (such as being naked while right outside of the Preparation Rooms). As a rifleman, I decided to break into the brig by busting the doors down with a shotgun, in order to free the arrested prisoners. Unfortunately, I did not anticipate the MPs to be in the main area - so when they came at me, I had an (admittedly poor) spur-of-the-moment decision to open fire on them with my pulse rifle, killing the CMP and a MP.

I hold no ill will towards the Military Police. This was not an action done out of blind hatred, but one that was done purely due to circumstances pertaining to that round. I also felt very bad for the ones I shot up - if only because they were not the ones that were the source of that round's unsavory arrests.

/////

Beyond that, I'd like to believe that I am (at least) a passable Cadet. I have good knowledge regarding the Standard Operating Procedure and Marine Law, I've got experiences with processing and arresting criminals, and I've done my fair share of deescalating tense situations and issuing NJPs when applicable. Beyond keeping the peace, I try to enhance the experiences for ship-side people through roleplaying and mechanical means.

I fully acknowledge and apologize for all of the wrongdoings I've done, and I'd like a second chance to show the higher-ups that, indeed, I am willing to uphold the exceptional standards expected from all Military Policemen.

That, and I'd also like to continue trying my hand at the seemingly-impossible task of improving relations between the Military Police and the Marines.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned for review.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello I'm the admin assigned to your appeal.

After log diving the initial Jban and also the notes surrounding the jban I think it's clear that you broke a lot of related rules in a short span, specifically three infractions surrounding MPs or your own MP conduct in a week.

I don't think enough time has passed to prove that your behavior has changed significantly as such I am denying your appeal at this time.

You may re-appeal in 30 days.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record: