Marine Name
    Chris 'Doc' Man

Other Whitelist Applications
    none

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Christopher

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    a peace loving synth that believes in the word of the lord over anything else, even its own standard programing.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I've seen how these silent heroes make the lives of the marines easier. I wish i could help my fellow marines the same way, and since I'm not that good at fighting, why not go for a class that is able to help at the front while avoiding the actual fighting.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    I had died in a cave, set myself on fire hunting a runner. I was dead for a while when a synth come out of nowhere. begins resurrecting me, is attacked by the runner. kills it with its hands, and then finishes reviving me, after getting on my feet we started back to the landing zone.

Synthetic Character Story
    A standard synth reprogramed to serve in a "church of healing", it spent most of its days treating injured people and speaking about the wonders of god. until one fateful day when the xenomorphs assaulted the colony, like many other the synth was repaired by the uscm marines upon their arrival, and the experience changed something in him, something that was programmed for healing suddenly wanted to help a group that kills. it didn't seem right. but it out those thoughts aside and started helping with treating any injured marines it came across.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    know the basics of repairing, setting up fortifications, and dismantling of less than optimal defensive structures.

How familiar are you with Command?
    none

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Know most of the drugs, am able to consistently revive people and heal people, and can preform surgery.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    none

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    as as synth, only for self defence or to protect a memeber of the uscm

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    not expecting to get in first try. let me know what I'm missing or getting wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it's always great to see new synth applicants, this application is simply not up to expectations.

Firstly, I cannot recall seeing you anywhere, though that may just be an issue of time zones, so I can't really gauge your competency. Synth needs for you to be recognized as a competent support player, so I recommend getting experience and showing people that you know what you're doing.

Your personality is also a problem. I assume you're trying to go for some form of "spiritualist" synth, and while that can be okay if done properly, the worrying part is when you say your personality would override even your own programming. That is a big no-no. Personalities should not interfere with you performing your duties or following synthetic guidelines at all.

The story is far too short and has a few grammatical errors. Be sure to read over accepted and denied applications to get an idea of what the council is looking for in a story.

As for your experience, as I've previously said I haven't seen you around so I can't gauge it, but having zero experience in requisitions and command is a fairly noticeable issue. You have to be a master of all support roles minus OT and Research to become a synthetic. While Command isn't that important, as you won't usually have to taken control of an operation, you still need to know how to use the Overwatch consoles and keep a cool head. Requisitions is fairly important, as you'll often have to man the line or load supply drops as a synthetic. Play the roles related to these two fields and you'll be able to learn them fairly quickly, they're not overly difficult.

The combat answer, while not wrong, is lackluster. Next time, provide scenarios to show you have an understanding of how to properly apply the combat rules in-game.

While I'm no master of English myself, synth still requires you to be able to communicate clearly and effectively, and you seem to have made quite a few grammatical mistakes in this application.

Please don't be afraid to ask for help in the #whitelist-app-help channel on the CM Discord, there's synth councilors and other whitelisted synthetics there who'd be more than happy to give you advice on how to improve your application. You can also read over previous applicant's accepted applications to get an idea of what the ideal application should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another neat thing about #whitelist-app-help in discord is that you can quite literally check with the people who evaluate apps in there for each and every stage of an app, then when you finally do post it it goes through easily. Most if not all WL holders go in there and iron out their character and understanding of roles, and get feedback on what to work on. If you keep working on the requisites of the role and are in that channel making sure you have the character built well, then a followup app shouldn't be that bad.

Until then, I do have to place a -1 on here, in hopes you'll be around to fix up the deficiencies in this app for the next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I've seen you a few times as either a Doctor or Medic in-game... unfortunately, Medical is just one side of the many things a Synth needs to do and know.

You outright go out and say you have no experience in either CiC or Req. CiC in this case means manning Overwatch consoles and knowing how to reload the OB, but since both of those things are a relatively rare thing to actually happen to a synth, I personally would excuse it somewhat.

What I can't excuse is your complete lack of Requisitions experience, because it's 100% something the synth may be drafted to do. Sometimes the Synth will be the lone CT in Req during lower pop, or just during the initial storm at Req during prep.

Your descriptions for Engineering hint towards a very basic knowledge, as well. You are a Synthetic with PERFECT knowledge of these areas. You don't just know "the basics of fortification and repairing" - you know it all. You have to have the knowledge required to build and repair things that are necessary, and you have to do so in the blink of an eye. You cannot afford looking up the wiki on how to build an APC (the power one) or how to repair the APC (the vehicle one).

The only good part here skill-wise I feel, is the medical part, but again, that's irrelevant when every other part is insufficient, and even so I haven't seen you too much to actually verify your knowledge and proficiency either.

On a final note, I feel like your answers are all very short and thus shallow, especially so with your combat synthing answer. Try and flesh these out in a second app, there's literally no harm in doing it and it allows you to bring across what you mean far better. Also run your stuff through a grammar checker or whatever to ensure punctuation and such is on point.

TLDR your skills are insufficient, your answers are very brisk and too short for my liking, and your in-game activity seems here and there from my point of view. Hitting you with a -1. Please don't submit Whitelist applications and literally subtitle them with "not expecting to get accepted". That's silly, dumb, and not what these are for. If you think you aren't ready - don't apply. If you think you aren't ready because you are insecure about what is expected - go to our Discord and the #whitelist-app-help chat and ping the Synthetic Council and ask them vital questions. It's literally their job to answer these questions for you.

Good luck for the future!
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "not expecting to get in first try. let me know what I'm missing or getting wrong"

Is a tragic thing to read. Because your first draft should be in the whitelist help channel; not your application.

Check out the discord and other accepted apps.

Recommend you withdraw this one.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, I've seen you only once and maybe twice, you are not the most known guy around here. It is not required to be a widely known person to be whitelisted in applications but you have to be at least seen on a regular basis and show promise of being able to handle the tasks that your job has for you.

Second, your grammar is just not up to the expectations of this application, not only do you have spelling mistakes but also misplacements. I'd highly suggest you use a support program like Grammarly.

Third, your reason for wanting the whitelist and your story overall is really low on words. You have to put in some effort & thinking to make a writing that people who are reading can enjoy. And I can't really say that your story is the most, well-thought one.

Lastly, I believe you should be asking around in discord for ways to improve your applications, people are always positive to help you, and will try to improve your chances. You should also consider playing more to get known around. Other than that, I'd highly suggest you withdraw this application to cut down on your cooldown. I'll have to hand you out a -1

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "a peace loving synth that believes in the word of the lord over anything else, even its own standard programing."

This application is denied. You have all the resources for success at your fingertips, I recommend you make use of them.
    Synthetic Senator