User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hungry Marine Meta

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not even any downside to having grey hunger.

Just eat as much as game mechanics allow you and you're good for 2 hours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuh uh, there is a downside to grey hunger.

Screen clutter, a tiny part of your screen is CONSUMED by the hunger icon thus blocking your line of sight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What works for me is eating four protein bars. If you come in at roundstart and eat away, by the time you deploy the grey hunger sign will disappear and you'll be free to move around without being hungry for another 60-90 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eat 3 protein bars and you're good for basically the whole mission, since rounds almost never last longer than an hour.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that the hunger thing is a holdout from CM and has been here a long ass time, and fits with aliens, but if we aren't going to have breakfast like they do in the movie, why even make all marines hungry? deployment takes long enough these days that the extra minute or two of eating isn't required anymore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but eating more than four protein bars is considered metagaming and is a bannable offence.

Marines don't know about eating more than four protein bars until after first contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eat protein bars until you cant, unironically

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    I get that the hunger thing is a holdout from CM and has been here a long ass time, and fits with aliens, but if we aren't going to have breakfast like they do in the movie, why even make all marines hungry? deployment takes long enough these days that the extra minute or two of eating isn't required anymore
    Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    Hunger directly affects blood production. And it's for the sake of RP, since we are human beings and it's the least disgusiting human need that you have to fill. You can RP taking a dump, or piss, but is there a reason?

Or join Charlie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be honest, in real life, food was as big a decider in wars as the skill of generals and the armies they led.

A well fed army is a hard fighting army, while one that is lacking in rations is one that will most certainly lose. Many men surrender not just out of fear, but out of desperation and the hope that their captors will provide them a warm bed and a hot bowl of soup.

It adds a layer of attrition to the game, in that not only do you have to manage your ammo and health, but keep fed as well. Otherwise, starvation will screw you over as much as a broken bone. Some might find it annoying, but I find it makes marines more human.. because they are, and humans gotta eat.