VossAldrich - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    VossAldrich

Marine Name
    Voss 'V' Aldrich

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Voss

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Aye

Synthetic Character Story
    The sounds of the battle were overwhelming as explosions seemed to happen every half second. Every ten seconds to be exactly precise at least this was according to his calculations. The generation two synth was leaned against the broken wall taking cover with the other marines whom he was attached to assist for medical purposes due to the squad being down a medic. He was calmly flicking a small coin between his hands his bright blue eyes gazing about the battlefield noticing this thing and that thing. "Medic!" The cry was barely audible above the deafening boom of a nearby explosion but the synthetic heard it clearly. Dropping the coin immediately the synth would momentarily gaze over the barrier to observe the wounded marine. His calculations predicted an eighty-nine percent success rate upon following a series of broken walls that lead to the wounded marine.

The Synthetic would quickly maneuver across the current wall he was at to the dismay of the Marines watching the synthetic move cooly in front of them aside for the rifle fire that created snapping noises just above their heads. The Synthetic maneuvered to the last stretch of walling next to the wounded marine who at this point was crying out to their mother. At this point, the Synthetic would wait. "What the fuck are you waiting for?!" The marine would call out to the synthetic clutching the stub that was once his left leg. He would throw his head back into the gravel causing a soft "clunk" noise from his helmet as he let loose another wail of pain. "The average human may load a weapon in five seconds if he is well trained" The synthetic would reply with a soft germanic accent.

Soon the rifle fire began to grow erratic and then eventually slowed to a near stop it was here when the synthetic burst around the corner of the wall and gripped the marine by his m3 armor. He'd quickly pull him around the wall just as rounds began to fly by with that signature "snap" noise that was characteristic to balistic weapons. The marine was in bad shape and had lost a lot of blood due to him moving. "What are you waiting for?!" The Marine would groan as he attempted to flail from the pain to which the Synthetic replied "I am waiting for you to cease movement if you continue to move you will most likely die" the soft peppy tone of the synthetic did nothing but irritate the marine before he would nod softly coming to his senses slightly. The Synthetic would open his pouch and quickly began to work on the marine unhindered by the rounds that continued to snap overhead and the loud "thump" noises caused by rounds impacting the concrete wall behind them. "You are missing a leg private," The Synthetic said with that peppy voice which caused the Marines to head to snap upwards "You fucking think? Where do you think my leg went you dum-" The marine was cut off and started towards the synthetic and then to where he pointed with a soft nod of his head "There it is Private, shall I fetch it for you?" The Synthetic said as his hands worked over the small nub ensuring that the marine's bleeding was stabilized.

The marine stared dumbfounded at his own leg which was barely recognizable after being shredded by shrapnel. The Synthetic finished stabilizing the Marine and before he could protest the Synthetic would quickly make his way back towards the rest of the squad to which they would all greet the Synthetic with a fair bit more zeal than when he was first attached to the unit. This would be the third marine he had saved in this quick engagement.

-Several hours later-

The Synthetic had returned back to the FOB following the squad of marines his position in the middle of the marines his hands occupied with the same coin he had dropped to save the private earlier. The coin rung sharply as it was continuously flicked from side to side the Synthetics head turning this way and that as if something constantly tore his attention away from the last object that caught his eye. "Welcome back Delta" The Lieutenant would say half-heartedly as they entered the base flipping the plasteel barricade behind them upwards. The Lieutenant would be occupied being bent over a series of maps and various monitors before finally looking at his squad. The Lieutenant would stand straight placing his hands behind his back as the constant ringing of the coin would be almost as loud as the buzzing of the nearby monitors. This would cause the Lieutenants eye to twitch and he would prepare to say something but before opening his mouth the Synthetic would speak out "This annoys you" it said happily to which the Lieutenant would give an irritated look towards the Synthetic "Yes, stop it" The Synthetic would place his hands behind his back not bothering to catch the coin again causing it to fall against the ground with a soft ring. "Well done Delta," The Lieutenant said after a short pause. "The CLF has been pushed back for now and a new medic has been assigned to the squad I'll ensure the synthetic is sent back to the Almayer for new duties".

"Actually sir" The Delta squad lead would suddenly speak up "We'd like to keep the Synthetic with us he saved a lot of good marines today and well..we've grown used to his rather..obnoxious ways," the leader said with a soft tone of affection centered upon the Synthetic. The Lieutenant would raise an eyebrow "Very well... Synthetic" this would catch the Synthetics attention and as his eyes faced towards the Lieutenant he would suddenly blurt out "Lieutenant your uniform is untucked and the middle button of your uniform is undone," The Synthetic said quickly his eyes darting about the Lieutenants person. This caused the Lieutenant to slowly exhale retaining his temper "Very well Synthetic I want you to continue to assist Delta" The Lieutenant said frankly. The Synthetic would give a stout response "Yes Lieutenant, and do not worry your short height does not undermine your authority over marines". Delta squad would begin to chuckle as they were dismissed by the shocked and dismayed Lieutenant. Before they could fully leave the FOB the Synthetic would fetch the coin that was dropped earlier and it was once again flicked from hand to hand with that loud ring. "What is your name Synthetic I didn't catch it from the manifest" The Lieutenant called out. "Voss sir" The Synthetic would bid a farewell walking off with Delta squad his coin flying between is hands in an ever steady pace.

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I intend to play my Synth as a very observant/blatant persona that often points out several minute features about a person once greeting them. While he does this it does not get in the way of his job performance and will often continue to point out obvious details as he goes about his work such as "Your shirt is messy" and so on so forth. I love roleplaying and I think my synth persona can provide several funny RP situations.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    I am very familiar in the roles of Medic, SO, and MT. Medical is my specialty however.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I believe that I can provide a high level of roleplay to the synthetic role. I have always enjoyed the Synthetic in the AVP universe. While most of my knowledge is centered towards the Yautja the synthetic has always had a special place in my heart. I hope to do the Synth role proud.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    I believe I have two notes one for EORG and IE in my past

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    no

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Peasant Commander theXDkidoflol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so I'm not part of the synthetic council, any council, any staff team, I'm just a regular guy who's also applying. But I do know that next time, you might wanna get someone to proofread your story. I see a lot of grammar issues.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you a couple of times, you certainly can handle the RP aspect but I never saw you in a support role. Can someone vouch for you?
    The story also had a ton of mistakes but I assume English is not your first language so I can forgive that. Can you answer some of these questions:

1. Why do you wanna be a synth?

2. SO is asking you to bring them stuff from medbay, whatchu do?

3. A marine gets very hostile with you and starts punching you

4. A CE is telling you to clean medbay
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    I've seen you a couple of times, you certainly can handle the RP aspect but I never saw you in a support role. Can someone vouch for you?
    The story also had a ton of mistakes but I assume English is not your first language so I can forgive that. Can you answer some of these questions:

1. Why do you wanna be a synth?

2. SO is asking you to bring them stuff from medbay, whatchu do?

3. A marine gets very hostile with you and starts punching you

4. A CE is telling you to clean medbay
    1. I want to be synth because like I said they are pretty cool and I've always had a place in my heart and also the ability to be a master of all is really neat to me.
    2. I would bring him said stuff from medbay he is an enlisted officer and I must follow his order as long as it is not in violation of marine law
    3. As according to the self preservation program I would disable the marine with my fists to non-lethally subdue the threat then ask for an MP
    4. the answer is the same as no.2 he too is an officer and I would clean the medbay as long as a higher commisoned officer has ordered me to do otherwise I would have to follow his order as per synthetic programming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The synth name is a little weird. I don't think it fits and don't like synth names that match the character name too closely, as a rule.

The story is far from great -- the coin thing coming straight out of Detroit's first sequence more or less sums up its bland and uninspired feel.

I can't remember seeing you extensively in game, and when I have I honestly recall you as a newer-seeming, more struggling face than anything else. Only earlier today you were having trouble figuring out how to unbuckle someone -- part and parcel of the synth whitelist is an unwritten expectation of competence. Marines will rely on you for quick and effective responses to more or less any situation -- pulling off difficult defibs of people with 350+ damage, breaking open a bolted door under pressure, quickly repairing a FOB, and much more besides.

In short, from what I've seen and the app itself, I have big doubts about your suitability for this whitelist right now.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    The synth name is a little weird. I don't think it fits and doesn't like synth names that match the character name too closely, as a rule.

The story is far from great -- the coin thing coming straight out of Detroit's first sequence more or less sums up its bland and uninspired feel.

I can't remember seeing you extensively in game, and when I have I honestly recall you as a newer-seeming, more struggling face than anything else. Only earlier today you were having trouble figuring out how to unbuckle someone -- part and parcel of the synth whitelist is an unwritten expectation of competence. Marines will rely on you for quick and effective responses to more or less any situation -- pulling off difficult defibs of people with 350+ damage, breaking open a bolted door under pressure, quickly repairing a FOB, and much more besides.

In short, from what I've seen and the app itself, I have big doubts about your suitability for this whitelist right now.

Thank you for taking the time to review my application first off! Secondly, I really struggled with this story so I can understand the story being sub-par but as for being uninspired, I don't think it's that. While yes I do enjoy the Detroit sequence of the coin trick ( a lot ) I in real life often do a numerous amount of coin tricks as well such as the Val Kilmer knuckle roll that you often see him do in many movies such as Tombstone, and Top Gun to name a few the coin didn't directly come from Detroit become human as you think it did I merely took inspiration for my IRL tick of always having to fiddle with something to keep my mind on track hence why I enjoy playing with coins, cards, and pencils so much. As for the bed incident I blanked on how the bed would be similar to an operating table so please do not judge my ability on that. I know the basic/advanced part of most of this game and there are a few things I still need to gain knowledge in aye but I am a very fast and adept learner. I memorized every surgery and I have confidence in my ability to bring the aforementioned 350 marines back to defib levels. I understand where your viewpoint comes from and please do not take this as I am firing back at you I'm just offering an explanation so once again thank you for taking time to review my app!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to play the game more and learn how everything works before making a synthetic application.

For the story, you need inspiration. Watch things that inspire you, or read things that inspire you, and try to base the story off of your own thoughts and ideas rather than the stories of others.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike your predator/commander applications. This feels half-assed unfortunately.

The name although strange, is more of a surname. I don't have a problem with it. I can ignore the bed buckle incident, but in order to be a synth you need to pretty much know the inside and out of every human role.

The story and quirk just don't wow me. If you put the amount of dedication you did with your Pred application, this would have been a winner.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Unlike your predator/commander applications. This feels half-assed unfortunately.

The name although strange, is more of a surname. I don't have a problem with it. I can ignore the bed buckle incident, but in order to be a synth you need to pretty much know the inside and out of every human role.

The story and quirk just don't wow me. If you put the amount of dedication you did with your Pred application, this would have been a winner.
    I agree to be honest I think I jumped the gun because I wasn't really inspired, I'd like to close my application and retry in a few months if thats okay

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn as of March 3rd, 2019