User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damous - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent. Duty Honor Courage Sacrifice these are the values which seperates a True officer of the USCM from the rest of the pack. Although Professionalism and Comradery are important these open for discussion. However Sacrifice in the other hand is what makes a Commanding Officer, do not forget that soldering has one good trap to be a good marine you need to love the USCM but to be a good Commanding Offiicer you need to order the death of the thing you love. Never forget these values and you will make a fine Commanding Officer +1
    Aden Cooper

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have two second app attempts that you didn't add onto your previous attempts, including one from this year

One of those previous applications also has the exact same story that you have used here

Also two months ago you were noted for LRP

I cannot in good faith trust someone who doesn't bother to be honest in their previous attempts or has just been warned not even three months prior to making an application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneDadWhisperer View Post
    You have two second app attempts that you didn't add onto your previous attempts, including one from this year

One of those previous applications also has the exact same story that you have used here

Also two months ago you were noted for LRP

I cannot in good faith trust someone who doesn't bother to be honest in their previous attempts or has just been warned not even three months prior to making an application

I seriously forgot that you had to link previous aplication and i would add it, but i cannot edit the application anymore.

But it was two months ago, admins rebuked on my attitude and i remember it quite well, it was added in my previous APP and it was a big reason it was rejected. It would be very unfair to think that a person who is genuinely trying to get whitelisted as CO cannot improve his or her behaviour, which is why i will be playing XO and other leadership roles while this APP is open.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my issue with you: you're bald. Despite your playtime your playstyle is virtually indistinguishable from a baldass who's playing command for the first time. You're not very active, you're not able or willing to satisfactorily divide attention between multiple things requiring observation instead of tunnel visioning on one specific squad or squad member, you have a tendency to thoughtlessly repeat what you hear on the radio and write it as a command announcement, you either speak very little or you multicast spam unimportant or useless messages. If you random named I would see absolutely no difference in performance and behavior between you and any random player who's trying a CIC role out for the very first time. I don't believe you'll be able to perform well as a CO at all, given how a CO has even more responsibilities than an XO.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Here's my issue with you: you're bald. Despite your playtime your playstyle is virtually indistinguishable from a baldass who's playing command for the first time. You're not very active, you're not able or willing to satisfactorily divide attention between multiple things requiring observation instead of tunnel visioning on one specific squad or squad member, you have a tendency to thoughtlessly repeat what you hear on the radio and write it as a command announcement, you either speak very little or you multicast spam unimportant or useless messages. If you random named I would see absolutely no difference in performance and behavior between you and any random player who's trying a CIC role out for the very first time. I don't believe you'll be able to perform well as a CO at all, given how a CO has even more responsibilities than an XO.

Noted, and im sorry you see it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent about an hour writing up all sorts of stuff that bugged me about your answers to my and other Peoples questons... but Frankiy after reading I think the main glaring issue with you is that your Grasp of Marine law is abysmal and you are far too forgiving and willing to hand out pardons

Despite your general In game performance Im going be giving this a -1

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work on making Joe Gage a character and not just you in a video game, it’ll make your RP a lot better and the game more fun for you. The best advice I ever got on this was from Jakk and he said to find something in media that you like and model your character off that. You said you wanted Joe Gage to be a mans man kind of soldier I think, if that’s what you want then do it. You’re not American, so you don’t intrinsically know what military slang in the US armed forces is like, so research it. Instead of saying QUEEN NORTH in an announcement do something like: ALL UNITS BE ADVISED SCREECHER NORTH OF YOUR CURRENT POS, I REPEAT, SCREECHER COMING IN HOT FROM THE NORTH. There isn’t a REAL tacticool CO outside of the times is accidentally use the wrong profile and CO as George Franks, that could easily be your niche and help your RP. Also brush up on Ml, your knowledge isn’t that good and you need to be competent with it as CO. You can’t arrest people during hijack, for instance. As for the story it’s not great to say the least but very few of ours are, I’d still recommend trying to flesh it out since it’s obviously a hold up, there’s no since in getting dinged for it again.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    Work on making Joe Gage a character and not just you in a video game, it’ll make your RP a lot better and the game more fun for you. The best advice I ever got on this was from Jakk and he said to find something in media that you like and model your character off that. You said you wanted Joe Gage to be a mans man kind of soldier I think, if that’s what you want then do it. You’re not American, so you don’t intrinsically know what military slang in the US armed forces is like, so research it. Instead of saying QUEEN NORTH in an announcement do something like: ALL UNITS BE ADVISED SCREECHER NORTH OF YOUR CURRENT POS, I REPEAT, SCREECHER COMING IN HOT FROM THE NORTH. There isn’t a REAL tacticool CO outside of the times is accidentally use the wrong profile and CO as George Franks, that could easily be your niche and help your RP. Also brush up on Ml, your knowledge isn’t that good and you need to be competent with it as CO. You can’t arrest people during hijack, for instance. As for the story it’s not great to say the least but very few of ours are, I’d still recommend trying to flesh it out since it’s obviously a hold up, there’s no since in getting dinged for it again.
    I mean, dont get me wrong, Joe Gage and his personality are completely made up and different from mine, if i had it may way, there would be a lot more executions and harsher punishments just for the sake of it. The actual problem with this is that i try to make him a understanding man, he will follow the marine law to its literal and to not do punishments beyond whats needed.

A example of this was James questions, some of them were literally unsolvable outisde of arresting entire squads and executions or permabrigging, especially of a nut job like the CL (which i have gotten into trouble before and it wasnt even a execution just some actual ML punishment, and i had MPs helping me). The Chalie Squads arrest and squad refusing to deploy was pratically unsolvable depending on the veracity of his crimes.

The actual question about my character is that i dont like him to be antagonistic when its not needed, he is supposed to be a thinking man, he will try to solve problems without the need of severe consequences and rebuke, keep order and and actual flow of ground and ship operations.

I know you cant arrest people during delta, you can detain but not arrest.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Joe.

Let me just state my thoughts so you have some more information to work from:

As CO, your work as XO is pretty satisfactory. I have no glaring complaints. I think you snap to orders quickly and can run an operation on your own with a good chance of success, but you still have room to improve. The more you command the better you will get a feel of the flow of things. Nothing bad to be said about here.

Your story definitely needs proofreading. There are typos(e.g. Tim instead of Time) and misplaced capitalization(e.g. officer isn't capitalized). The story writing can be much better with the flow. Think about some of the cinematic stories you have read and how they're written.

Finally, try to keep a professional aura both IC but especially OOC. You can get away with it IC since that might be how your character is, but getting involved in drama OOCly (especially starting it) may reflect poorly on your character. Of course, we all have those days where our input is necessary.

Overall, I would revise the story and just keep gaining more experience. Turn some heads and get your name out there either through consistency or merit. Choose a path you enjoy and get some +1s! Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your imput QuickLoad, and i will keep it in mind.

I will be playing Command Roles while the APP is open, keep in mind that any constructive criticism is completely welcome.