Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thirsty for Armor Attachments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thirsty for Armor Attachments

WHEN?

Between the whispers about updates and the damage testing to all the Rav RNG pokes. And to the infamous B18 Achilles' Heel and giving Marines a edge to not be so spec dependent; this is a good moment to tier off some extra equips to armor for that extra 20% of win.
    More seriously, since xenos are to have a 2 to 1 win-rate, I believe canonical having add on armor can help the frustation-addiction burn rate and salve newer players learning how to be combat and maneuver relevant.

Like how pure SS13 has the mining vendor token, each rank before SSGT can have a either a token, something built into the tags, or a time release token (perfect for 'Med-ba-bies' after first encounters). These 1st tier attaches are more about the basics - protect hands, feet, neck and an edge in lowering pain crit. Just enough to extend the time to about a few seconds more.

SSGT (SL) should get armored coifs, Helmet Bracing, and B12 extended wear for Arms and Legs (Long Boots and Gaunlets) - this too can be time released or special ordered. Think of it as making a Full B12 set, and the items are for B12 only, so to lower looting

Smartgunners should have their set composed of extended padding and plates. Still more speed focused than full defense. the extra pockets in the leg webbing, even for a sidearm should be a nice touch

Specs should be left as they are YET I'm hoping this opens to a Mini-APE suit Spec that can act as the Shocktrooper that can mod their Armor, retaining being the tankiest one behind the Grenadier

Officers should easily do what they want, as this would help when CO or a SO drops down. As a quick option a Bodysuit and/or Armored Poncho/Coat can work wonders. And the Bodysuit just takes attachments without taking the arms or leg slots

Any takers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean armour attachments like putting webbing on uniforms?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, yes. Some items may have to be full-on arm and leg slot wears to make the use easier, I bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Armoured gloves and boots would be AMAZING. Would help for so many decaps.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clip on flashlights when

armor attachments that increase defense of brute but at cost of burn weakness and vice versa

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marine gloves and boots are armored and protect feet and hands if you didn't know. And the armour suit protects arms and legs.

The most I can see are the g8 ulity pouch expanding your inventory space on your armour or a light attachment that boosts the light on your armour to be the same as a rail light.

Or what Masked said about something that boosts your melee/bullet/burn resistances at the cost of weakening another stat.

But a leg holster to hold my Pistols? Thats pretty fucking epic ngl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember, research used to be able to make a resin spray which protected against acid attacks?

But taking that concept, I could easily imagine vendors or req being able to give, say, S-12 Caustic Armour spray to increase chemical resistance, or B-X1 Additonal Armour Plating to increase armour resistance. You just click on the armour sprite with the object, and it applies some sort of spray or additional plating to the armour. Bam, armour attachments.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lemme weld a bunch of metal spikes to my armor to make myself living barbed wire, just add a machete and meme lurkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we are getting to the juicy bits. Sprays and Coatings are a pretty nice mood, just like attaching the parts to your bullet bae.

@ Bancrose: I noticed this in hindsight, but thanks for pointing it out. I guess the sense of immersion to expand placing armor in areas was the detail to that thought. There really is something to the in-round story of fighting, surviving the first encounter, and getting a chance to jump on the horse again, albiet better suited.

@ themaskedman2 : Heck Helmet Flashlight would hit the spot. Moreover, the damage resist tradeoff is nifty for the marines, yet nasty in meta.
    Cases in point the win proportion for roleplay and Medic would be spending extra time trying andd choosing which critical damage to heal. A nice thought still...

Also by the time of the initial thread post, the dev threw in the New light and heavy armors, so it will be interesting to see the choices. Even the B18 was merged to a new M-series Armor, and the original injector one left to admin spawn yard.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to what I said before, there is the slight idea of like, maybe explosive resistant armor attachments, but it makes you weaker to most other damages.

Generally just stat fenaggling, ideally with a visual sprite so Xenos can decode to counter or not. As well i�d argue against brute damage negating attachments being common or super effective, as that would be the easiest and quickest choice considering broken bones/etc being 10x worse than.... some burns.

Attachment that makes you slower but adds two more spaces to armor storage.

Maybe some sort of rare or advanced attachment similiar to b18 armor that would inject you woth a painkiller or trico when wounded?

Honestly I have a hard time thinking of armor attachments that would be a side-grade or less than a atraight buff. Req limit I suppose is decent, but otherwise I can�t think of downsides besides slower speed for most of them