User Tag List

Thread: Joe Lampost - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe Lampost - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Joe lampost
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Herbert Thomas Beard
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Lampshade#4020
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    MP roles
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    jamesthebond
    Total Ban Duration
    perm
    Remaining Duration
    forever
    What other servers do you play on?
    none
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    none
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    no
    Reason for Ban
    Banned from Chief MP, Military Warden, Military Police, MP Cadet - Stun batoning a monkey and Attacking the CMP with a stun baton after beating the monkey
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    I attacked the monkey because i was in the mindset of playing MP to be a joke, that is why i played cadet even though i had 300 hours as MP before the incident. At the time (and to some extent now) I felt that MPs are in the wrong place and are handheld by staff to much. I understand that what i did was wrong and not they way of going about things. I would like the role back because i have seen a lack of proper enforcement of RP standards IE: arresting for briefing shenanigans from mps whilst i have been playing marine.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some quick questions for you before I come to a conclusion regarding your appeal;

1. You mentioned "I understand that what i did was wrong and not they way of going about things.", what do you think would be the right way of going about things now that you have thought about it?

2. Could you further explain your statement "I would like the role back because i have seen a lack of proper enforcement of RP standards IE: arresting for briefing shenanigans from mps whilst i have been playing marine.", as well as how exactly is this a reason for us to return the role to you?
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    Some quick questions for you before I come to a conclusion regarding your appeal;

1. You mentioned "I understand that what i did was wrong and not they way of going about things.", what do you think would be the right way of going about things now that you have thought about it?

2. Could you further explain your statement "I would like the role back because i have seen a lack of proper enforcement of RP standards IE: arresting for briefing shenanigans from mps whilst i have been playing marine.", as well as how exactly is this a reason for us to return the role to you?
    1.At the time of this ban i was treating MP as more of a joke than i really should have. I had played MP during the time when agents were a thing and even before that and it was a much harder role back then because it was not handheld by staff. So my mindset was not correct when playing MP just before the ban, i think the proper way to go about things in that scenario is to just not play MP but i made the mistake of doing stupid shit Infront of a mod. I look back and i understand now that i should have justed croyed and left the round but i instead pushed my luck to far.

2.During my time as playing as an AW marine i have see on multiple occasions MPs hesitant to arrest for stupid shit like disrupting briefing and marines actively fighting each other. Seeing that I can hold my standards high for a role IE yautja if I feel invested in the role. i feel as if i am ready to play MP again because i have changed my mindset on the role but i leave that decision up to you.
    Now I just feel sorry for the Pred council. Those poor people only get the nut jobs...

HTB

Nan'ku K'wii clan leader of the poorest pred clan in the game

Joe 'Death Dealer' Smith

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal - Accepted

If you have any problems with a part of the game, you are to bring it to the proper authorities that can actually enact change. Don't just do stupid shit and expect us to know that you're unhappy with how the role is at the time.

I hope to see you acting in accordance with expectations as an MP in the rounds to come.

(Should be lifted within 24 hours, if not contact me on discord)
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505