Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Community Discussion about Development Changelog March/2019

As you all know, clog is love, clog is life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheesh CM Staff you're fast! I just got through remarking about Armors and attachment related items. Now we have the M5A6 and L4a1 to mess with. Not to mention the new folding barricade, now I have to test it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly I'm unable to test the recent changes, but they seem good for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L41A: if you use it like the M41A, you'll be disappointed. Otherwise it will be my main gun for awhile. Personally I feel like the IFF is way too good and that it needs someone extra to balance it out, but it definitely isn't broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new IFF scope is a giant meme
    Someone call JohnyDoe, this needs to stop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should really leave the IFF scope Req only and replace the one in the mini Sniper kit with a normal miniscope IMO. Having IFF on every marine is too powerful, because it basically allows for 40 marine deathball to just spam shots down range

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The IFF scope shouldn't be widely avaiable for PFCs, that's for sure. Also, the new sprites look too small.

Also, I'm wondering if it would be good for balance if the gun vendor was removed and PFCs got kits for everything... for example, rifleman kit gives you heavy armor and a rifle, shotgunner gives you light armor and a shotgun. Then, if you want to do a different loadout like shotgun plus heavy armor you can get the extra pieces from req, who has limited supplies. Dunno, I just think this seems to fit the best with these new updates

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IFF Scope should be removed from the mini sniper kit, even though it finally makes that kit vaguely useful since the battle rifle doesnt have as much damage fall off, this theoretically lets every PFC that wants one have one and that's just not alright.

I vote leaving it in the req Attachie Vendor as a rare attachment, and leave it available for SL's/Engies/Medics to buy, being a support role they should be behind other Marines anyways.

I'd also argue Smartgunner should be able to buy the smartpistol, why? Because it's cool and matches the smart theme, obviously smartgunner needs smart everything.

Deployable cade feels... a little weird, I feel like it needs slightly more use since they're omega rare and not much tougher than just sandbags to set up, maybe if it acted as a scope if you put a bipod on it? For some reason?

ALSO, Engineers/Medics/Etc need to be able to choose Light/Heavy armour as well in my opinion, and they should be able to be vended from the armor vendors for req and in squad preps.
    Last edited by themaskedman2; 03-03-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really got enough experience with the new update as of yet, but I do agree on one thing: IFF scopes need to be less common.

The carbine on its own is decent enough, dishes out the pain, seems fairly accurate, good firerate... But the fact that so many people can somehow grab IFF and allow marines to transform into a ball of raging death seems a tad excessive.

I assume the original intention was to be much more defensive, but marines being marines, they found a way to enhance their UNGA and now not even queen screeches can stop them, since 5-6 marines can shoot into a crowd at will and not have to worry about friendly fire. Which means more damage can be done to xenos.. A lot more. Too much, in fact.

We don't want to have to end up overbuffing xenos to compensate, so really, the best course of action is to make the IFF scope a cargo item only and make it about as common as a barrel charger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think deployable cades should be pushable to compensate for their current rareness. It makes no sense to use a deployable cade when you can just put down tables at this point.

Also, FF is a feature of CM.