fuck xeno mains my man

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friendship ended with buckshot.
    Now iff scope is my friend.

I think that IFF scopes need to be removed from sniper kits, but I still think that SLs along with req should have them as an option.
    Last edited by liltiptop; 03-03-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean this potential level of IFF is ripe for murderballs as reno puts it.

But when people learn that the L41A does less DPS than the M41A with it's ROF, they'll probably go back to using buckshot.

Because as an ancient spitter on LV I could tank 7 rifle rounds and make it out with 1/3 health, comfortably. Which is fine - if you want to do damage, M41A or shotgun. If you want to lay down accurate fire from behind the front - IFF L41A. L41A fills a niche that was left lightly brushed before.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tell me something new please.
    L41A discussions are getting too spammy

how's cade, how's cading kit, how's old sniper with new buffs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Tell me something new please.
    L41A discussions are getting too spammy

how's cade, how's cading kit, how's old sniper with new buffs?
    Well haven't had a chance to try the cades cause they're so rare. Would like if engineers got to play with them as quick deployable a to cover you while you build.

I think it would also be cool if they could slide out and cover an extra tile each side if clear - probably with shared health

Also no way to get smart pistol ammo after req runs out which is sad. I'd like to use as it finally might be a useful pistol.

Also personally I don't notice much difference between armors. Heavy still can get me one-shot broken bones. (One was an ancient runner so thats how it goes I guess to the groin don't remember the other) but it doesn't feel much slower (Australian so be mindful my ping is awful) at all compared to light so I'll probably use it anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without the IFF, the L41A does not really feel competitive, a M41A makes for a better long range carbine/battle rifle than the L41A if you lack the IFF feature.

The only reason I'd take a L41A as a Medic is because I could contribute to a fight while remaining in the rear to heal the wounded, but without the IFF I'd rather keep my SMG for the mobility and more consistent CQC damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the best way to make the L41A more viable would be to make it deal a bit more damage to compensate for it's lower ammo capacity.

As is it now, the SMG is a low damage, high ROF weapon with fairly big magazines (moreso their extended version) that is light and allows marines to move swiftly.

The Pulse Rifle is the well rounded workhorse of the USCM, boosting decent stats while also being heavily customizable. You Could make a lot of different guns out of it and fit it to tackle all kinds of different roles, but only if you can get the parts for it. On its own, it is a decent gun that gets the job done.

The shotgun is a more skill-based weapon that is based on understanding your weapon as well as your ammo, and is very cumbersome to work with. However, those who take the time to learn it are rewarded with the highest damaging gun in the game (well, for a common gun), albeit in close quarters.

The recent carbine? Well, we aren't totally sure where it stands as of now, being still so new. It no doubt will get a lot of tweaks, but I hope one of those tweaks is, again, to improve the damage to compensate for the low ammo, as well as make it more accurate by default. It should be a skill-based gun for rangers that rewards those who master it, not a novelty for marines who want an M14 lookalike to better RP Space Nam combat.

And no, giving it IFF is not what I have in mind. It needs to be able to stand on its own without mods. That is why the pulse rifle is so beloved, as well as the shotgun: You could slap nothing but a flashlight on it and they perform well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round timer seems to be missing from the Stats tab with the new update. Atleast playing as a Xeno it is .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burrower ability is apparently broken (can only use once) and warriors with boxer have mind bullets (can punch through walls).

I tired out vomit spitter and it was fun as fuck but honestly regular spitter is probably better. I'll still take vomit because it's more fun though.

EDIT: Spitter vomit is broken, I saw how much damage it does to marines in light armour and they went from 100% to a flashing red health bar in like 3 ticks. With the fact it puts out fire to make it more useful I think it deserves a damage nerf.

Rail gun sounds hilariously not fun to get hit by, will know more when I play marines, but it's probably a decent pay off to losing boiler gas.

I see the value in carrier egg laying but I wouldn't recommend anyone take it.

Also yeah round timer is missing from xeno stats tab, but I like the new layout.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; 03-10-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smol first impression changes I think.

Spitter Acid spray seems to be really good but then again i'm not sure if it compares a lot to neuro memes, and i could probably do even better with neuro stuns instead of damage acid, so sacrificing that is pretty decent, maybe a longer cooldown?

Defender strain is fun but the downsides to it do not equal up to the benefits, so it's a complete net gain.

Healer drones getting up to Strong Pheromones is kinda really good, perhaps too good, and I would actually prefer if Healer Drone Pheromones was replaced with a new ability, I was thinking "Healing Gas", and it's similiar to boiler smoke but it heals Xenos, and obviously it's much smaller just around the drone.

Prae upgrade feels a tad weak.... tail sweep is kinda shit, was hoping for longer spray range perhaps, hrm..

In the end I actually really love having what is essentially PFC kits for Xenos, and I really hope by the end of this every caste has at least 2 strain options to pick from, that'd add so much nice variation to bean bois. Oh, also I would enjoy if Strains of Xenos got a name change to reflect it, so instead of "Mature Spitter" you get "Mature Vomiter". I'm not sure how possible that is with the way hive status works though and it is possible it would get a bit confusing.

As for the massive meltdown of Marine salt, obviously there should be a few changes and adaptions for some of them, but I genuinelly think 90% of the Xeno stomping is due to the massive population influx, if you play Xeno regularly you will be able to tell the difference, instead of Xeno population capping out at 25-ish and 30 burrowed, they now cap out at 60 and basically 0 burrowed. (Keep in mind most burrowed die when the first Queen gets meme'd, and it takes forever to bring em out.) I haven't seen much "Strain" related Xeno changes that have seemed far too strong yet. Playing Marine I died more to the fact that there was 40 fucking experienced Xeno players down my neck more than a Strain ability.

Edit: Small comment on Xeno population when thinking about it, this has been a slight problem for a while, Xenos have always had a surplus of Burrowed larva that made infecting really not as needed as it should be, but atm all these burrowed are active as hecc.

Edit 2: Also I am a dumb person who is not a dev and it's been way too early to formulate a large opinion on the entire thing but this is just me spitballing ideas, can't wait for a lot more strains.
    Thanks Matt for putting in this work and making Xeno more interesting to play for me finally. I appreciate ze work and I know devs are watching all of the rounds closely.
    Last edited by themaskedman2; 03-10-2019 at 07:36 AM.