Date of Incident
    June 20, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Doglas Portsworth

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Arbufy

Accused Character Name
    "Jesse Spike"

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Sometime around 9am (CST) or 11pm in my time (GMT+8)

What rule(s) were broken:
    4, 10 and maybe even 11.

Description of the incident:
    Hello. I am here to report the person playing "Jesse Spike" last round for purposefully shot gunning the synth shells on the USS Sunbather for no apparent reason besides "killing", before proceeding to throw them into the pit to destroy them completely forever. I followed the proper escalation by first yelling, then punching, then using a bladed weapon before resorting to my handgun. However they OD'd me on Oxycodone before I could properly do anything about it.

- Copied from the ahelp that I made

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lE?usp=sharing

Witnesses to be called on, chat logs, and photographic evidence of the logs are all in the google drive link. I hope this is enough, message me on discord if you need anything else.

What resolution are you seeking?
    A ban of a reasonable amount of time and a long lecture from any staff about not breaking the rules.
    Last edited by ScarletReign; 06-20-2022 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Added ckey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15:21 Server time, Jesse states the following, it is unclear who he is speaking too or whom they were referring too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some sort of incident happens, both players react

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jesse then states the following, they grabbed the lifeless body of Dandy Smith indicating they are on the Sun Bather as of 15:25:22

Spoiler Spoiler:

XO was possible Possible Witness?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jesse Grabs what is presumably the synth shell, then soon starts stabbing it repeatedly.

[
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Then proceeds to shoot them with a shotgun.

Spoiler Spoiler:

15:29, Douglas takes notice of what is going on.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jesse simply responds with: "Killing"

[15:29:42]SAY: Jesse Spike [1]: Killing

Douglas proceeds to punch Jesse trying to get him to stop.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jesse keeps shooting.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Douglas begins to plead. Jesee keeps shooting.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Douglas grabs a melee weapon and escalates the engagement. Jesse reacts, but doesn't seem phased.

[15:29:55]ATTACK: /(Doglas Portsworth) attacked /(Jesse Spike) with hatchet (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in USS SUNBATHER (134,7,4).
    [15:29:57]ATTACK: /(Doglas Portsworth) attacked /(Jesse Spike) with hatchet (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) in USS SUNBATHER (134,7,4).

Douglas again trys to get Jesse to stop peacefully, Jesse once again simply responds with "Killing".

Spoiler Spoiler:

A person on scene momentarily grabs Jesse, but seems to be a bystander in the incident. As they don't do much else.

[15:30:21]ATTACK: (John Clules) grabbed /(Jesse Spike) in USS SUNBATHER (134,8,4).

Douglas reports on Command comms about what Jesse did. But the Command staff seem too busy with other events to respond to him.

Spoiler Spoiler:

At this point, it appears Jesse throws the Synth shells into a pit mentioned in this report.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jesse gets into an exchange with Douglas.

Spoiler Spoiler:

As of 15:32 server time, the round ends, but the incident continues. Jesse continues to destroy the synth shells

Spoiler Spoiler:

Douglas once again tries to force Jesse to stop.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jesse responds by injecting Douglas with a lethal dose of OXY

[15:33:14]ATTACK: /(Jesse Spike) injected /(Doglas Portsworth) with oxycodone autoinjector (EXTREME PAINKILLER) (REAGENTS: Oxycodone) (INTENT: HURT) in USS SUNBATHER (102,9,4).
    [15:33:17]ATTACK: /(Jesse Spike) injected /(Doglas Portsworth) with oxycodone autoinjector (EXTREME PAINKILLER) (REAGENTS: Oxycodone) (INTENT: HURT) in USS SUNBATHER (102,8,4).
    [15:33:22]ATTACK: /(Jesse Spike) injected /(Doglas Portsworth) with oxycodone autoinjector (EXTREME PAINKILLER) (REAGENTS: Oxycodone) (INTENT: HURT) in USS SUNBATHER (102,8,4).

Douglas calls out on the radio for help, only the CMO (Homer Bennet) responds, asking what he was dosed with. He tells him to get off the ship for treatment

[15:33:27]SAY: Doglas Portsworth [Command]: THE BASTARD JUST OD'D ME.
    [15:33:31]SAY: Doglas Portsworth [Command]: THIS MAN IS OUT FOR BLOOD.

Jesse then tries to justify his OD as self defence, saying that the RO attacked him without warning.

Spoiler Spoiler:

XO gets on scene and drags Douglas off the ship

[15:34:20]ATTACK: /(James 'Yellin' Blackbriar) grabbed /(Doglas Portsworth) in USS SUNBATHER (78,14,4).
    [15:34:25]SAY: Doglas Portsworth [1]: Get me to m-m-medbay.
    [15:34:31]SAY: Doglas Portsworth [1]: I wont last long h-here.

CMO arrives and begins treating Douglas and the server restarts for the next round.

[15:34:47]ATTACK: /(Homer Bennett) grabbed /(Doglas Portsworth) in the Umbilical Port (77,34,4).
    [15:34:55]ATTACK: /(Homer Bennett) injected /(Doglas Portsworth) with inaprovaline autoinjector (REAGENTS: Inaprovaline) (INTENT: HELP) in the Hangar (84,40,4).
    [15:34:58]ATTACK: /(Homer Bennett) fed /(Doglas Portsworth) with pill (REAGENTS: Dylovene(15u)) (INTENT: HELP) in the Hangar (87,40,4).
    [15:35:06]ATTACK: /(Homer Bennett) fed /(Doglas Portsworth) with pill (REAGENTS: Peridaxon(7u)) (INTENT: HELP) in the Hangar (90,40,4).

[15:35:39]ACCESS: Logout: /(Doglas Portsworth)
    [15:35:41]ACCESS: Logout: /(Jesse Spike)
    Last edited by SimMiner; 07-02-2022 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with the staff member who was running the USS Sunbather event to confirm that Jesse Spike was not an event antagonist, or otherwise acting on an objective for the event and reviewed the logs posted.

Rule 4. No Griefing:
    Griefing is the intent of one player wanting to cause grief or annoyance to other players or the server without a valid roleplay reason.

The logs indicate that- for no discernible reason- Jesse Spike is focused on destroying the Synth shells. When confronted and asked "What are you doing?", he responds with "Killing."
    He ignores being spoken too, being punched and being hit with a hatchet until he's destroyed the Synth shells. Although this occurred near the end of the round, it doesn't excuse that there doesn't seem to be any reason for these actions other than to be disruptive to the RO and to negatively impact the RP of the event.

While this does fit into the definition of Griefing, Rule 4 is typically used to indicate larger scale incidents, or players who only log in to be disruptive to others/the round. Instead of rule 4, I think this fits better under Rule 3: Roleplay as an LRP rulebreak.

Rule 10: Lethal Force

Given that Jesse Spike had ignored unarmed/melee attacks from the RO, and continued to throw the Synth shells into the pit for about 4 minutes after last being hit, I feel that combat escalation from the RO's attempts to stop him was broken, and given that he is a player who has been around for a long time, knows that disarming can cause accidental weapon fire, it looks as though the plan was to hit disarm in an attempt to trigger accidental fire, to justify a lethal response. Whether or not that is the case, I feel this falls under Improper Escalation because it's not fair to a player for them to be hit with several disarms, and if the misfire script triggers, have the person disarming them be able to immediately jump to lethal force.

Rule 11: Marine Law
    As a Squad Medic, Jesse Spike is subject to Marine Law ICly, but not required to follow it by our server rules.

As player has a 3-hour ban for IE within 3 months for IE, they will receive a 24 hour ban, and due to a recent note for similar LRP actions that were disruptive to other players, I will be escalating a step further to a 3 day ban.