Date of Incident
    June 22, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Burrower HEX

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Minimike(?)

Accused Character Name
    Marcellus

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    01:50am central US (i think)

What rule(s) were broken:
    Synthetic Programming Laws

Description of the incident:
    I was a Burrower on board the USS Almayer, xenos had not hijacked yet, but marines had evacuated, so it was not in Delta alert, and I had not caused significant damage to the ship (even comms were untouched because I don't like risking OOC action just for disabling them shipside, and I don't think the runner knew about comms). Accounting for the Runner, who was also on board, to my knowledge only 4 marines (including the XO) were killed, and the autodocs in medbay were destroyed. To put this into perspective, when I died I saw there were roughly 50 humans alive, including the Synth, so their numbers had barely been dented by this.

I killed the XO, and started burrowing to escape a horde of 5-10+ marines, upon exiting the ability, I was immediately rushed by the synthetic, who had taken a flank by themselves, and attacked with the fire axe/synth hammer (can't remember which). This delayed me long enough for a marine to come round and finish me with buckshot. My issue is this: It is likely that I would have died there anyway, I won't pretend otherwise, however I missed the chance to escape that fate due to the Synth taking combat into their own hands despite there being many capable and fully armed marines in the area, when the ship was not in Delta alert, and there was no reason for the Synth to risk themselves in combat.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs will have to do, I didn't record it unfortunately.

What resolution are you seeking?
    That is up to the council, and if my understanding of the guidelines is off, then I'd like to give my sincerest apologies to Marcellus for making this report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs for the incident!

Involved:

ChainsawMullet - HEX-778 (Burrower)
    Minimike1220 - Marcellus (Synth Survivor)
    Third party

Burrower sneaks onto the ship and causes disturbances
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Burrower attacks near CIC and kills somebody, and the synth jumps in and helps with killing the burrower
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Logs of the synth near the time of the attack
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Xenos soon came to hijack and the round ended shortly after.
    If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm Marcellus the Synth.

At this point in the round, there had been at least two xenos (runner, unsure what tag, and HEX) on the ship. From what I was aware of at the time, they had killed the only doctor in medbay, along with the patients, destroyed the sleepers, autodocs, and body scanners, and killed a few others although I was not 100% sure on how many people died.

Shortly before Rickard (The XO I think?) died, he or someone else called out xenos near CIC, so I went to investigate, with the assumption that they decided to attack CIC now. I saw HEX try to get away via burrow slightly west of the synth room so I attacked him as the logs show. I will admit I was a bit overzealous with my attacks, but as I said at this point in the round there were several people and departments destroyed and killed, so I was trying to prevent HEX from continuing to harass the ship.

I will also bring up that I don't know which xeno (the runner or hex the burrower) killed whom and slashed what. As I mentioned I was rather aggressive and will accept fault for that since there were marines shortly behind me.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't seem to edit my prior post, but thinking about it, given the fact CIC and medbay (two critical functions for marine sides) were attacked, it's a major threat to the operation. Would HEX have continued to harass the ship if he got away would almost certainly cause issues going forward for the marines. I believe my actions are justified.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council, advisors, and myself discussed the situation described in this report. To be clear, burrowers use their ability to set up for another attack as often as they use it for a full retreat. A burrower that begins channeling that burrowing ability is neither disengaged (as they are in the same position) nor actively retreating (not running away). It is unreasonable to think that synthetic players are mindreaders as to a burrower's intent when the burrow ends and they come out of the ground. It is just as possible that a burrower chooses the synth as the safest direction as they lack ranged attacks and can act bodily as a shield against bullets.

The xenos were, in fact, on board the Almayer causing damage and casualties. This is not a delta alert, but it is a red alert, so searching the ship is common for the synthetic as they are an extra set of eyes and can provide support to injured personnel. As Marcellus stated; CIC was under attack and he moved toward CIC. This is not a frontline situation. There were no communicated efforts in the log that show Marcellus had 'taken a flank by themselves'. Marcellus's and Ronald Lanier's (the marine's) attacks were one second apart which indicates that Marcellus was not alone on that particular flank. As Minimike indicated, he was overzealous in his repeated attacks with marine personnel present and actively engaging the threat. I agree with the Minimike's reasoning for being present and actively engaging, but it is better to clear the line of fire for the marines to handle it.

I will be issuing a verbal warning to the player. I do very much appreciate the filing of the report, and thank you, MrDadMan, for pulling logs.