32 41.03%
  • I don't like it

5 6.41%
  • I think it could use some changes

31 39.74%
  • I haven't tested it for myself or this is the first I'm hearing of it

10 12.82%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thoughts on the new battlerifle?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thoughts on the new battlerifle?

The new L1a4 Battlerifle was added to pfc vendors and sniper kits, it has two unique attachments, the carbon stock, which increases wield delay and weapon size in exchange for improved weapon handling, and the Ifts miniscope, which can be used while moving, and grants IFF like the smartgun or sniper rifle, it's got worse handling when wielded compared to the pulse rifle, but better when one handed, it can fit most attachments, on the barrel, optic slider, and has room for the carbon stock (haven't tested if it can fit the paratrooper stock yet). It has 20 round magazines, with extended and AP available through squad vendors and req

seems like a strange carbine type weapon, while its power is pretty underwhelming, the IFF might balance it out to be superb, making for easier firing lines where you have the bigger guns up front and a bunch of IFF guns behind them, we'll see how the meta shifts in response to this and the two new armor types. The sprite is reminescient of the british sten gun or the american grease gun, but does not have burst or automatic fire, and as far as I can tell cannot fit underbarrel attachments.

If i got any info wrong let me know, and let me know what you think about this new weapon in general, personally I think that it's really cool that pfcs now have access to a decent medium power IFF weapon, because congested firing lines are the bane of marine sanity when urist mc cuckshot is standing three feet away and is feeling blood thirsty. From what it seems it wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with the pulse rifle, which makes sense as it has burst fire and better accuracy when wielded, and it can't go ham on a shotgun or smg in very close quarters due to the amount of damage it puts out, so it is a semi shitty jack of all trades, but the IFF and badass sprite when the new scope and stock are attached makes up for it, also the IFF only works (so I've been told) while scoped in, so keep that in mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gun on its own sucks, the IFF miniscope is what breaks the balance when used on mass

Also hell no the IFF works whenever. You don't have to scope in for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    marines can literally run face forward ungaing and shooting a low damage gun in numbers without a second thought, it's like they made everyone a low damage brainless smartgun, I love it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only played one round during the admin test changes, but my primary complaint against the gun thus far is I feel the sprite is way, way, too small for what it is.

It looks more like a peashooter than a Battle Rifle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the no movement speed penalty + rifle AP is what makes this gun good from what I've seen after trying it out

though it requires very precise clicks to actually be good in CQC, it can be a monster with QF EB
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that anything besides IFF scope makes this gun not worth the effort. But it's good, because this gun has one mission, one purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I saw:
    On its own, it's pretty meh. I think most people would rather have an M41.

As a fire support platform with the IFF scope, it's great. You get long range fire support to help a marine push, and the damage output isn't too crazy - especially with the inaccuracy at range.
    The problem the gun had was giving every PFC the IFF scope. So we had marine unga rushes with 20 marines packed together and all of them could direct their fire at a xeno. That was basically an exponential increase in firepower - it's not so bad with just 2 marines, but 5... 10 in a group... it was impossible to beat.

My suggestion:
    Limit the IFF Scopes to no more than 8 (and maybe just 4) for the entire marine side. (If it's not too much work, also code the IFF so it only works while scoped)

That's it. I don't think anything more than that is needed. Though if there were any changes to damage - increasing damage to M41 levels, but decreasing RoF a little might work out okay.
    Last edited by Boersgard; 03-03-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As noted above, the IFF is what makes this gun. Without it, there's no reason to take it, the M41A would make a better battle rifle.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no don't remove or limit the IFF miniscope. It's what makes the gun fun to use. I like smartgunner but I can't always be it, this gun is gonna be my go-to.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope they dont remove the IFF scope from the gun but it feels like it needs some sort of adjustement, maybe limit the amount of iff scopes like we have with barrel chargers and maybe turn up the damage a bit? That way marines cant spam them with iff and it would do good damage for the ones who do.