32 41.03%
  • I don't like it

5 6.41%
  • I think it could use some changes

31 39.74%
  • I haven't tested it for myself or this is the first I'm hearing of it

10 12.82%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on the new battlerifle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it fills a purpose, other than that, I prefer the pulse rifle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any new option that's feasible to use in some manner is new and good and I love that shit. Outside of spec weapons and other extraordinary armaments the normal mehreen has got no new guns for a very long time (and wit good reason)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L41A feels pretty good, wish the ammo count was a bit higher though. QFA gives it a very respectable fire rate, but you then you eat through ammo like nobody's business.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solveign View Post
    L41A feels pretty good, wish the ammo count was a bit higher though. QFA gives it a very respectable fire rate, but you then you eat through ammo like nobody's business.
    Yeah the default mag size feels too low at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds nice. Has terrible damage and terrible fire rate. IFF scope is the only redeeming feature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like this rifle as it fills the marksmen-ish rifle fairly well.

But it just has too little ammo per mag to make it that much worth into as I found when using it both as PFC and ENG.
    If you don't use QFA on it, your just not going to have the Damage output to be any Real threat to Xenos thanks to your somewhat slow-ish firerate.
    If you do, most xenos will (probably) back off after being hit by a flurry of bullets, but you'll burn out your ammo far too quickly and will be left out of the fight since no ammo.

As for the IFF Scope, it's also pretty strong, giving marines a way to deal with runners.

I'd prefer if it had just a little bit more ammo per mag, like 5 or so more rounds just to compensate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, you ask me, I'm ok with the fact that the weapon has a smaller ammo cap compared to the Pulse Rifle. After all, the shotgun can only hold 8 rounds, and no one really complains about that.

Although, if I were the dev behind it, I would have done something to make up for the lack of RoF and ammo per mag. Mainly, making it deal more damage compared to a rifle, but not more than a shotgun slug.

In this sense, it would make it a more semi-skill based weapon that rewards well placed shots and accuracy with decent damage to targets, giving players a rewarding alternative to spray and pray weapons like the Pulse Rifle and the SMG.

As it is now, the damage it deals is not unlike a normal pulse rifle, and while it still works (moreso when you are focusing fire with others on a target, no different than the ol' Pulse Rifle), it would be nice to have something more to set it apart other than the fact that there is no damage drop off.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to try it with a quickfire+stock+bayonet, might make a pretty good push weapon.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a ravager and a marine with light armor and this weapon, attachies QF, stock and EB was kiting me like crazy, I had to pussy out. Seems like a good setup.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m debating if I need the EB for a QF setup, I don�t like lowering my damage for any reason, i�ll have to test accuracy. It might make a decent push weapon due to no wield slowdown.

But the low magazine capacity HURTS. Damage feels kinda low as well sometimes.
    Last edited by themaskedman2; 03-07-2019 at 03:42 PM.