32 41.03%
  • I don't like it

5 6.41%
  • I think it could use some changes

31 39.74%
  • I haven't tested it for myself or this is the first I'm hearing of it

10 12.82%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: thoughts on the new battlerifle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themaskedman2 View Post
    I�m debating if I need the EB for a QF setup, I don�t like lowering my damage for any reason, i�ll have to test accuracy. It might make a decent push weapon due to no wield slowdown.

But the low magazine capacity HURTS. Damage feels kinda low as well sometimes.
    The damage is low because it is doesn't have a very fast rate of fire. Technically, the Pulse Rifle is also not that strong either, but due to having a faster fire rate and the ability to burst fire (which burns through ammo like a pig who quit its diet), it feels like a stronger weapon.

As I said several times before, I'd think upping the damage just a pinch would make up for the low ammo cap and average RoF, allowing the marines the option of a fast shooting, low damage weapon, or a more damaging weapon that rewards good aim and tracking instead of mindless spraying towards a target.

Also, if you play as a PFC, getting extended carbine mags from your PFC vendor only costs 10 points a pop, meaning you could get upwards of 4 35 round magazines to satisfy your ammo needs. The carbine also uses the same ammo as the Pulse Rifle, which means that you can take bullets from Rifle magazines and transfer the ammo to carbine magazines if you really need to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this battle rifle is supposed to be loosely based on the M1 Garand from the old pacific theater than might i suggest adding that unique "cling" sound when the rifle runs out of ammo? Also there is no back sprite for the gun if you put it on your back when wearing light armor i am not sure if this is the case for the other armors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the sound and the looks, but because the magazine size of 20 and the damage being almost the same as the normal rifle, makes so i don't use this gun much maybe only when playing medic or engineer. maybe increase the damage (as a lot of people already said) that would make it a good new option to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a newer player and I've been gravitating towards it. I rather like the feel of it, as I tend to stay back most of the time anyway.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    give medics and engis the iff scope in their vendor and it'd be fine as an alternative to the SMG or Engi

EDIT: lol I meant smg or shotgun but it's catty enough so I'll keep it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackParrot View Post
    If this battle rifle is supposed to be loosely based on the M1 Garand from the old pacific theater than might i suggest adding that unique "cling" sound when the rifle runs out of ammo? Also there is no back sprite for the gun if you put it on your back when wearing light armor i am not sure if this is the case for the other armors.
    No, it isn't based on the M1 Garand, because the magazines/clips(?) it used were unique, let alone how it was reloaded.

The USCM Carbine is more like the M14

As cool as it would to have a Garand, it would be kinda stretching the limits of the lore. A future version of the M14 is a lot more believable in our spinoff of the Aliens universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomaki View Post
    No, it isn't based on the M1 Garand, because the magazines/clips(?) it used were unique, let alone how it was reloaded.

The USCM Carbine is more like the M14
    Close, but it is more so based on the light-weight Mini 14.
    top.jpg

Had to explain the differences between a Battlerifle and a Carbine to the devs. Because with the weapons stats and how it is supposed to be use, it definitely doesn't function like a heavy hitting m14 would with it's 308 caliber.
    Last edited by Cry of Wolves; 03-13-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, the L41 offers something to counter boilers in that it forces them to keep moving.