Date of Incident
    June 23, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Rickard 'Lost' Boar

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    EconomicAirborn

Accused Character Name
    Kenneth Lance

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 11

Description of the incident:
    I, as XO, was asked to handle an appeal of CMO for allegedly allowing an engineer to break down a wall in medbay.

The CMO's charges were FtFP and NoD. I went down the appeal checklist and decided that FtFP was valid and NoD was invalid as the dismantling of the wall was not a "detriment to" his duties.

At the time it was argued that NoD was automatic for senior officers.

This seems to conflict with that: https://i.imgur.com/uRMNwY9.png

At this point the CMP, Kenneth Lance, declared I was under arrest for NoD as the CMO was guilty of NoD.

First, it seems silly that if I believed IC that an appeal was non-guilty and the MP believed it was guilty anyways the person handling the appeal would be arrested every time.

Second, given we had a commanding officer I, as XO and commander (as CO was deployed), couldn't be arrested without CO's approval.

Third, the CMO was left in their brig for a significant period after their timer was up whether the appeal was valid or not.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I did not grab logs or video but the in game logs will show the story.

What resolution are you seeking?
    MP ban. This would be the second time Kenneth has arrested me while I was XO. The previous time being made up hogwash and reported as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was an MP that witnessed all this. The problem was that 10 minutes ago there was a discussion about whether officers get NoD if arrested (like MPs), so the SEA ahelped the question. Firecharge123 answered that adding NoD to officers was possible at the discretion of the MPs, implying it's optional just like with enforcing minor crimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling for this
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs for the Incident!
    Now that the logs have been posted, wait for management to make the final decision!

Involved:

EconomicAirborn - Kenneth Lance (CMP)
    Morrowwolf - Rickard 'Lost' Boar (XO)
    Frostn - Frost Whitelock (CMO)
    Third party

A combat engineer asks CMO about getting into the walls for the nurse outfit. CMO helps him but an MT appears to steal it
    Spoiler Spoiler:

An MP finds out about it and the CMO and squad engineer are set to arrest
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP arrests the CMO
    Spoiler Spoiler:

XO comes to brig to handle CMO's appeal
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP finds XO guilty of violating appeal procedure and arrests him
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP's ticket about the XO's appeal decision
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO's talk logs for being left in brig past his timer
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The round ended shortly after.
    If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you please let me know if there was a warden active this round?
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additional logs

Two OTs break into brig near round end
    Spoiler Spoiler:

One of the involved mentioned that around the time the CMO's timer finished in brig, "two MTs or OTs broke into the brig processing room", so the OTs needed to be restrained and the timer finishing for the CMO was missed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so, normally I don't record after round end so I don't have footage. But I would like to bring up that (as one of the OTs) when looking at the logs and according to the IC conversation we had with the CMO in the yard, the timer had already ended before we broke in. Infact there was no MPs at the lobby interacting with us when we arrived after announcing the protest, they seemed to all be in the processing area when we got inside. This is only my perspective though, could be wrong.

As far as I'm aware there was more than enough MPs to handle both myself, the other OT and the CMO. While I can't speak for the other OT, we weren't violent, we ran in circles and once we were cuffed we didn't resist. The logs seem to not include the actual break in or our arrest either, they only show our announcement and us discussing our own breakout (which had nothing to do with the CMO and was well past their timer and has no relevance to the OP complaint in my opinion).

What I will also state is that there were MPs within that area who weren't even aware of people's charges, the reason for them, or what needed to be done (this seemed clear when questions were asked about what the XO charges were).

I understand that logs have already been pulled and this is pending verdict, but as this second set of logs has appeared along with that assumption I feel it best to speak up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second OT here . indeed we went there to "protest" for the CMO release . we got rapidly cuffed and procesed since there was about 5 MPs on there and we did not resisted. when this happened the timer of the cells were OFF and when i entered brig CMO told me that he was in there even when his timer was already out for a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think he also told me he was writing a provost or something but round ended before he finished it i guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for giving the heads up, I'll take a look at the logs for that portion of the round and see if I'm able to dig up the relevant timestamps.