Hi there! The report is correct in that the NoD charge on the CMO was not necessary, and that granting an appeal on that charge was valid, making the subsequent arrest of the XO unlawful under CM's Military Law.

Neglect of Duty is defined as "Failure to perform one’s role to an acceptable standard, ailing to follow proper procedure in detriment of one’s duties..." the XO was within their right to make the call that the Failure to Follow Protocol charge was valid, but that Neglect of Duty did not apply because the CMO's permitting the construction did not impact their job performance.

If an MP is arrested, an NoD charge is automatically added, but this stipulation doesn't apply to other roles. This means rejecting the appeal and the arrest of the XO fall outside ML.

However, due to the ahelp where a member of the mod team speaks with the CMP and appears to give the thumbs up to not permitting the appeal on the NoD, and because it wouldn't be right to punish a player if a mod mistakenly gives the go ahead on something, I will be speaking with both the players and the mod, as well as posting the above as a general clarification, but not taking additional action.

On the matter of the delayed release of the CMO- I did make an effort to review the logs to determine if failure to promptly release the CMO was due to everyone who could release them being elsewhere, without cause, and without making reasonable effort to ensure timely release once the timer was up, but given the limitations of our logging system, I wasn't able to find anything that conclusively showed if reasonable effort to release on time was made.