Byond ID?
    Urbansprint12

CM Character?
    Jonas Hice

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Eastern Standard Time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Atleast 10 hours a week.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I have been staff on a few different games. I hate to say it but it includes Garry's mod.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Only Paradise Station

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Not once.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yep.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd start by asking witnesses and the player what happened as well as the victim to get multiple sides to the story then if I haven't gathered enough information through that and uncertainties remain I would check logs. This is assuming it isn't an obvious griefer which it probably would be. I'd take appropriate actions which would be a ban and rarely result in just a warning and note based off the circumstances (IE: Incorrect Escalation in which case I'd tell him what he did wrong and leave the note given they don't have a history of it) . And I'd wrap up the situation by A-healing the victim or victims.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I know close to nothing about the honor code. So under normal circumstances I wouldn't mark this one. But let's say I did just for the fun of it. I'd tell them the best way to handle this is a player report and waiting for the Yautja senate to make a decision. Given they didn't break any general rules I wouldn't interfere beyond giving the player guidance on what to do.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Assuming I am actively moderating at the moment. Resist the urge to mentor him myself... And inform the current SEA if there is one or ask in mentor chat if there is any mentor who can go SEA. If the current SEA is swamped and can't handle the amount of rookies there are I'd open up another slot for SEA if there were any volunteers to join at the time. Worst comes to worse I'd help them myself as a mentor.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Assuming they had no history of it in their notes I'd try to calm them down a bit ,as we all know that this game brings the salt out of the best of us, if it persists I'd warn him and make a note of it. If they had a substantial history of it (3 or more notes of it and having been warned I'd say) I'd probably move to further actions such as banning.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Some people are actually named this (Parents can be assholes though)... But I do get where a problem arises. In my own interpretation of the rules it edges the line of it but doesn't cross it.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'd monitor the situation and look into it first and foremost. For all I know he could be planning on deploying to the FOB to assist with building it. If I see any other red flags I'll message them asking their intent making sure they're not planning anything bad. If I see them fire upon people randomly I'll be ready to A-sleep them. The situation can be handled easily from there.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors are currently not allowed to be openly hostile to marines so I would likely proceed to warn and note the survivor and if they have notes of similar incidents might proceed with a job ban.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd first tell them to try to solve this IC'ly through talking it out with others MPs or the CMP. This might lead them to getting released outright or getting an appeal. I'd also contact the current SEA to see if they'd be able to teach them proper ML. Although with the MPC system in place hopfuly this won't happen with a full fledge MP. I'd make sure to confirm the players story before any action though. Depending on rather or not a SEA can teach them proper ML I will reach out to the MP and link them the guidelines and tell them the proper punishment for both. Which would be a 10 minute brig timer. If the MP has a history of such actions a job ban might be necessary.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I'd probably use subtle message to edge marines SL or command to charge. If subtle message works the way I think it'd be something like this "Your instincts tell you that you victory is one charge away" Of course this is assuming it has been in such a state for a long time.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd first confront them IC'ly. "Why do you keep OD'ing the patients." I'd go off their response from there. Because even if it seems intentional baldness can go beyond limits sometimes. And as I am currently a key role in the game (as I do consider medics to be a key role) I'd probably a-help it myself and give the other mods or admins the info as I continue my duties. Kinda the same system MPs use for unbiased appeals. The arresting officer can't be involved in the appeal.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I'd don't think it would be considered EORG. As it is not griefing. I'd compare it to marines killing a larva after round end. So I'd reply "As you're of enemy factions it isn't end of round griefing. If you have any further issues please feel free to talk to me."

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd personally recommend having them handle it IC'ly at first given it is isolated to only an individual or two. If it is something they're doing on mass I'd warn them for griefing. If it persisted I'd move to banning.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd warn and note the marine who murdered the other for incorrect escalation... but if he had a two previous notes of the same thing I'd move to banning him. Third strike you're out. Assuming the notes don't have years inbetween them.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd find the ring leader and message them. As there is usually one person who is leading the rest. I'd tell them that they should read up on mutiny guidelines and get it confirmed with an admin to be a proper mutiny without any consequences. If the other's persist before everything is official I'll have the same conversation with them.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd tell the player that I'll deal with it.
    I won't punish the player who made a joke but I will have a conversation with him going along the lines of "Before you make a joke you should check your audience. Make sure none get offended by it." Which is just a good lesson for anyone making a joke honestly

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I'd A-heal the victims and put in a perma-ban request for the offending player. As well as banning them for griefing. Fetching their Byond-ID from the logs.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd check their notes and look if it is a reoccuring issue. I'd have a conversation with them about what they did wrong then leave a note. Now if it was a less obvious frontline like the marines were inside weeds and xenos fortifications I'd just let it slide as they couldn't have known.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Given they don't have a major history of it. I'd talk to them about it and inform them of the roleplay standards of the server and link them the rules. I'd leave them with a note and a warning afterwards.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I am not sure it is still in effect but from what I recall that isn't really LRP anymore. As stuff such as that is made exempt from the rules because not everyone knows the xeno lingo. And some find saying "boom rock" "Metal Bird" and the like a bit silly.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd confirm that the command staff had no way of knowing this before acting. As sometimes survivors may find a working phone or even fax command. If they didn't I'd kindly remind the member of command who made the slip up that they don't have that information. As it is something small and all players know it in the back of their head I won't usually warn or leave a note for it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Tricky question? But it is literally in the rules... Guess some people just don't read the rules. But it is kinda case by case. Let's say "The hive was closing in and that was the only pod there" then it would be RP. But if it is something more like "There is no pressure and many pods to take" It is just randomly killing someone. I'd probably dissuade them from doing it again though not warn or note them.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd warn them and note them. I don't really give a shit about people making fun of me but keeping track of it is important.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    "We offer no SSD protection on this server sadly. So it is your reality now find a medic or pop lad."

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If it is a slight difference in rule enforcement that can be seen as interpretation of the rule I probably wouldn't bring it up. But if it was something obviously wrong I'd mention it lightly in such a way "If I recall the rule is a bit different then that. So maybe look into it a bit more before deciding."

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd look into it myself and state my own opinion calmly. "I don't think it was actually griefing due to the circumstances surrounding it. The player in question had a reasonable reason for their actions."

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've been told twice now that I should. Other than that I have no reason not to. I'd like to become more involved with this server as well.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    A level head. Getting angry or annoyed may effect your decision making. So someone being able to keep calm and make a reasonable decision is ideal.

Anything else you want to add?
    Gave me quite the work out with this application. I had to look into each question pretty deeply. And considering most could go multiple ways it was quite a long process of filling it out.
    Last edited by Urbansprint; 06-24-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd start by asking witnesses and the player what happened as well as the victim to get multiple sides to the story then if I haven't gathered enough information through that and uncertainties remain I would check logs. This is assuming it isn't an obvious griefer which it probably would be. I'd take appropriate actions which would be a ban and rarely result in just a warning and note based off the circumstances (IE: Incorrect Escalation in which case I'd tell him what he did wrong and leave the note given they don't have a history of it) . And I'd wrap up the situation by A-healing the victim or victims.
    A thorough answer. While it might be more efficient to just go straight to server logs or combat logs of individual players. Questioning witnesses is indeed the best approach when you need to establish intent or what prompted the incident to occur (if there was one)

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I know close to nothing about the honor code. So under normal circumstances I wouldn't mark this one. But let's say I did just for the fun of it. I'd tell them the best way to handle this is a player report and waiting for the Yautja senate to make a decision. Given they didn't break any general rules I wouldn't interfere beyond giving the player guidance on what to do.
    Technically correct, the Whitelist council is the one to decide on violations to the honor code. However, it never hurts to skim through the honor code so you have some idea of what Preadators should and shouldn't be doing. (//showthrea...-2020-Revision)

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Some people are actually named this (Parents can be assholes though)... But I do get where a problem arises. In my own interpretation of the rules it edges the line of it but doesn't cross it.
    This to me is a murky one, since while it can indeed be a valid name. It can also fall under the category of Meme/Pop Culture names clause. I agree with your interpretation here, but I'm not 100% certain if that's how Management sees it.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd first tell them to try to solve this IC'ly through talking it out with others MPs or the CMP. This might lead them to getting released outright or getting an appeal. I'd also contact the current SEA to see if they'd be able to teach them proper ML. Although with the MPC system in place hopfuly this won't happen with a full fledge MP. I'd make sure to confirm the players story before any action though. Depending on rather or not a SEA can teach them proper ML I will reach out to the MP and link them the guidelines and tell them the proper punishment for both. Which would be a 10 minute brig timer. If the MP has a history of such actions a job ban might be necessary.
    I'm a fan of this response.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Tricky question? But it is literally in the rules... Guess some people just don't read the rules. But it is kinda case by case. Let's say "The hive was closing in and that was the only pod there" then it would be RP. But if it is something more like "There is no pressure and many pods to take" It is just randomly killing someone. I'd probably dissuade them from doing it again though not warn or note them.
    A good break down of the situation and the legally grey area you have to navigate.

Overall, I liked your answers, anything I didn't comment on was deemed a decent/standard response. I recall your name from somewhere before, I can't put my finger on how or why, but since I can't bring up anything negative, I'm guessing it was a good impression. I believe you got what it takes. You have my +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything here looks in order. You'll learn to do things on the book when you get accepted. I give you a +1. I've also been told your the one that made the dad jokes. Please. No.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've been told twice now that I should. Other than that I have no reason not to. I'd like to become more involved with this server as well.
    one of us! one of us!

In all seriousness, the application looks good to me.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd find the ring leader and message them. As there is usually one person who is leading the rest. I'd tell them that they should read up on mutiny guidelines and get it confirmed with an admin to be a proper mutiny without any consequences. If the other's persist before everything is official I'll have the same conversation with them.
    If there is an active mutiny not authorized, you should sleep the mutineers and a-heal anyone who was killed or hit in the crossfire. Yes finding the ringleader is the best course of action as they are the one who instigated it.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've known Jonas almost since I started becoming an active player in the community under Amber. Jonas has always been an extremely good sport, super fun to be around, and very kind. I was very impressed seeing them playing SEA, as at the time, I only expected people to mess around and that was about it. But he was very professional and extremely productive while playing SEA. I have a very positive opinion about Jonas and believe any concerns can be ironed out during training. Massive +1!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'John Doe', is one of the example names of what pop culture names are not allowed. A name being real isn't enough for it to be permissible on our server, there are plenty of real names that we don't allow.

For the mp question also weigh in intent of the mp too, being bald isnt the only way this happens, and also the time of the marine unjustly imprisoned if that was the case, as such you may want to consider taking somewhat more over actions to remedy the situation too in some cases.

The last 2 questions are more or less cases where you are expected to contact management rather than handle yourself. Especially the last one. In practice getting involved may just be adding gas to the fire.

I like most of your answers. Some punishments are a not quite in accordance to our scale, where are others are spot on. but that will be covered in training. Keep in mind that not getting involved in ahelps that you are involved icly is a rule for staff, not just a guideline like in ML.

You have no recent notes on all 3 platforms too.

Your work as mentor is decent. And you have a decently known community presence.

Overall +1.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to Echo you put effort into the app and I respect that here is your +1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent application, and also really wonderful work as part of the mentor team!
    I'm pleased to accept your application and welcome you to the Mod team!

Please make sure Discord DMs are open, we'll be reaching out shortly to get you set up with permissions and your trainer. ^___^