Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MorrowWolf - Commanding Officer Application

Maintainer Project Leader
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    Answers are pretty good, only thing you left out is ahelping these people. These kind of shenanigans happen pretty often, and they're always ahelpable. XO with 4 marines in an unnannounced mutiny, ahelp, PFC PBing an SO, ahelpm etc. Also on #5 remember who has which comms, the XO knows you're calling for MPs. When you're dealing with people like PMCs who basically have all comms, remember this is important.

I don't think I've had a problem with you as XO, and your answers were good, so I'll give you my +1.
    I actually considered whether or not to include OOC actions in my answers and decided it wasn't what you were looking for but I will keep it in mind. I appreciate the feedback!
    Last edited by morrow; 06-25-2022 at 04:47 AM.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just played a 3 hour round on CORSAT with morrow as my executive officer.

Once given command, they took initiative and at no point whatsoever did they require handholding. Whether it was a 2-man CIC shipside, solo CIC with me deployed, or CIC with 2 LTs, morrow did an excellent job and was very well rounded as an XO.

They used delegation like a pro, had a good knowledge of tactics & communication, coordinated assaults and I'm quite pleased with their performance.

In addition, this three hour round has some shipside complications and morrow used the aforementioned delegation to hassle it out - they also had a good knowledge of ML.

I have no complaints - this is a well rounded XO and based on the above I believe they're ready to take on the role of commanding officer. +1

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOOONE MORE.

You awaken to an operation. You have no XO this time. You've announced brief, and you have found out req is not manned. But you have TWO SOs, one of which asks for your permission to deploy every three minutes while you are busy with something else. You did not reply to their latest asking, so they figured you meant yes, they could go deploy and are in the middle of popping the armory open to gear up.

You also have an issue in medbay where there is a chair brawl between Charlie and Alpha medics. Your only military police unit is busy arresting an MT for calling them names and hurting their feelings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    OOOOONE MORE.

You awaken to an operation. You have no XO this time. You've announced brief, and you have found out req is not manned. But you have TWO SOs, one of which asks for your permission to deploy every three minutes while you are busy with something else. You did not reply to their latest asking, so they figured you meant yes, they could go deploy and are in the middle of popping the armory open to gear up.

You also have an issue in medbay where there is a chair brawl between Charlie and Alpha medics. Your only military police unit is busy arresting an MT for calling them names and hurting their feelings.
    I'd tell the SO who is trying to deploy that if they handle requisition to standard for the first 30 minutes of the operation they could deploy. Hopefully that would solve 2 problems at once without creating more problems. Hopefully. At least it would delay the problems until later when more people are awake and the marines aren't sacrificing each other in pagan rituals pre-drop.

As long as the situation in medbay doesn't become a gunfight I feel like I could let that wait until the MP decides to do something useful with their life but if it got seriously out of hand it would be time to step in and tell people to knock it off and threaten consequences. Having dealt with something similar as an XO before I was able to convince them to go to the gym and hit each other with boxing gloves instead which worked nicely. Might work again.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morrow View Post
    I'd tell the SO who is trying to deploy that if they handle requisition to standard for the first 30 minutes of the operation they could deploy. Hopefully that would solve 2 problems at once without creating more problems. Hopefully. At least it would delay the problems until later when more people are awake and the marines aren't sacrificing each other in pagan rituals pre-drop.

As long as the situation in medbay doesn't become a gunfight I feel like I could let that wait until the MP decides to do something useful with their life but if it got seriously out of hand it would be time to step in and tell people to knock it off and threaten consequences. Having dealt with something similar as an XO before I was able to convince them to go to the gym and hit each other with boxing gloves instead which worked nicely. Might work again.
    INDEED, and that said. I'm going to give you my +1. For the first question I posed it was literally a everything has gone to hell type of deal and you answered well enough. However, DEPENDING on the circumstances I wouldn't of warned the XO after he OB'd the FOB. You'll do good.

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah youre good asf, have my +1, and don't get overwhelmed it can get pretty boring at times
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, hello! I don' have the whitelist but I shall stick my head in! I've seen Rickard countless times, he's a good Executive and a Squad Leader when it comes to the job, I've never had nasty or negative interactions with him, nor did I see Rickard take any actions that could make others dislike him. I believe Rickard is capable of the Executive Officer and the Squad Leader roles and can perform pretty well under pressure.

That being said I do not really have anything else to suggest about you, and you may take my +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I didn't expect much from you, but I've watched you play XO and how you handle things, and I believe that you have what it takes to be a CO, both for leadership and roleplay. But don't get in as much drama as you do as XO once you do play CO. +1
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rickard was my XO plenty of times, i never had any problems with him or his style of commanding, he is fast on response, he is following the situation on the ground pretty closely, and from what i can see he understands SOP and ML pretty fine. Easy +1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback y'all!