Phillip Clap
    Their BYOND Key
    Ito726
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    14:30 Central Time
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    Description of the incident
    The XO, Joe Gage, was arrested for wearing a vest obtained from the armory.

I modified SOP to state:

Standard issue equipment is defined as any military uniform, armor, weapon or accessory personnel may find issued by the USCM.

The CMP arrested Joe Gage for wearing the vest out of the armory and insisted for me to come shipside even though I was being captured at that very moment.

Once I ahelped, Ito726 questioned me if I modified SOP for the XO to wear the vest, to which I responded with the above. I did not modify armory SOP as I did not have authority to do it.

Nothing forbids marine personnel from wearing armor and my SOP change classified any USCM equipment that is armor, as standard equipment.

-This is the section about Armory in the SOP

Special equipment found in armories such as Mk221s is not allowed to be handed out to non-officers without a clear, understandable, and urgent reason behind doing so. The Commanding Officer's M46C is not to be handed out.

One may not send items stored in the Armory as part of a supply drop, give them away as rewards/prizes, or form a squad that uses such equipment as standard.

The Commander may hand them out to deploying CIC staff as part of their standard equipment.
    Armory equipment may be handed out to all personnel during boarding or a Code Red or Delta scenario. Officers should be prioritized before enlisted.

The XO was the Commander as I was deployed, and could hand out gear as he desired. Ito726 quoted this section incorrectly in my ahelp as the XO is also the Commander while I am deployed. He stated that it is "implied", the meaning of which I did not understand.

Rereading the above quoted section on the Armory, there are no limitations on officers obtaining armory equipment and the XO did not violate any of the clauses. It is absurd that the CMP arrested the XO for this even with my SOP change and it is very abusive. I was informed to file this as a staff complaint since Ito ordered me to
    Evidence
    Ahelp logs, my communications with the CMP
    What resolution are you seeking?
    A jobban applied to the CMP for deliberately sabotaging my operation, trying to force me shipside needlessly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings, am the CMP mentioned here.

The XO incurred the charge prior to your SOP change as he wore the ballistic vest prior to you announcing the SOP change.

"One may not send items stored in the Armory as part of a supply drop, give them away as rewards/prizes, or form a squad that uses such equipment as standard.

The Commander may hand them out to deploying CIC staff as part of their standard equipment.
    Armory equipment may be handed out to all personnel during boarding or a Code Red or Delta scenario. Officers should be prioritized before enlisted."

I'd like to mention that in here, it states the commander may hand those items out to deploying staff, yet the XO himself did not deploy. The vest is one of those items, clearly.
    I'll provide a more detailed response if required, I hope that this is sufficient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs for the incident!

Now that logs are posted, wait for management to make the final decision!

Involved:

Flpfs - Phillip 'Free Refill' Clap (CO)
    Envarm - Faycal Pom (CMP)
    Damous - Joe Gage (XO)
    Ito726
    Third party

CMP ahelps about the XO, Ito answers.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO makes an announcement for SOP change soon after
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ito clarifies more later on about the XO's arrest
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP arrests XO
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO ahelps about the XO getting arrested, Ito responds
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The round ended shortly after.
    If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!
    Last edited by MrDadMan; 06-30-2022 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Editing error + structuring error
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CMP (Faycal Pon) arrested me (Joe Gage) at the end of the round, so i didn't think much of it.

My only complain is that whatever is inside the armory that is considered "Special Equipment" its pretty much open for interpretation, the M3-VL can be found in the hands of the CL and Officer Armour can be worn by the XO as one spawns in his Vendor. "Special Equipment" should be specified, the Tac Shotguns Mk221 for example are one, a weapon that can only be obtained and used during delta or in hand of CIC staff when deployed, the MK1 are not, a weapon that can be found in the hands of every SL and the Odd marine here and there.

In the end, i do not wish Faycal to be punished for this, as this can be considered a insantance of actual confusion because the Armories SOP are not clear enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made some log changes after relooking over the report:

- Separated logs from ticket #3 into a separate category,
    - Changed "Original announcement for SOP change" to "CO makes an announcement for SOP change soon after" and moved the category after logs for ticket #3,
    - Changed the category for the ticket about the process with the XO's arrest to "CMP asks for more clarification regarding the XO's arrest later", as well as added one more log.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing items from the armoury for personal use without authorisation (Explicit or Code Red) without intent to deploy (Excluding Code Red situations) would be a breach of SOP. The vest itself is debatable due to it's nature, but the end of the day is that if it did come from the armoury it's restricted equipment. The armoury is not intended for use "just because".

The CMP will not be receiving a jobban for this as they did nothing to sabotage the operation, however I will review this section of SOP when I can.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001