Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Domodyl

Discord ID?
    DNR#3833

Marine Name
    Biggus 'B' Johnson

Other Whitelist Applications
    This is my first one, but after this is submitted I plan to write up a Predator Application.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    John

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    John is an older model, his personality whilst interacting with crew is based off of a informed subroutine of Company news, keeping marines updated and morale high, comically sometimes stating news that is weeks old due to minor malfunctions.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I've been playing on the server for years now, and I really want to try out the more roleplay orientated roles, if given the chance I think I could provide a fun and rememberable character.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    A more recent one is finding a Working Joe malfunctioning in medical, harming a marine and later refusing any memory of it, which led to a series of other events that made that round quite interesting.

Synthetic Character Story
    “Its a ship graveyard out here Sir, I don't think we will find anything.” Private Jones said, tucked into the EVA suit. “Wait, over there, It looks like whatever is left of a Synthetic.” Corporal Hollins barked. Floating towards the remains of the Synthetic Jones could see the clear stamp of the name ‘JOHN’ on the remains of what would be the collar bone. “Plug up and see if you can play the black box Jones.” The Corporal remarked. Plugging in, a video is displayed across the Privates screen.

“The Eros will undergo slight room maintenance in the coming days,” the Synthetic named John stated, in a dull but cheerful artificial voice. “We’ve been thru this John, all repairs and renovations have already been conducted, in fact, we finished everything last month. Now tell me some actual news, something from corporate.” Monty, a Maintenance tech onboard the Almayer said sarcastically across the table from John eating her daily breakfast rations. “Corporate has authorized the creation of an exploration vessel due to depart to The Pleiades star cluster in the coming months.” John croaked. “Great, more money spent on expansion, and not on the people that need he-” A bang followed by an echo of sirens reached out across the ship, reaching the mess hall where John and Monty were sitting. “What the hell was that?” Monty barked, spitting rehydrated eggs all over the table. “It is likely the Almayer has come into collision with space debris,” John stated, the mood in his voice did not change from the prior discussion. “ It was common for the Eros to come into a collision course with various space objects, however, it was more common for the Eros’ automated point defense system to dispense of any major obstacles that crossed its path. “It is statically unlikely an asteroid has made contact with the hull, the collision had to of been predicted, but ignored,” John stated inquisitively. “What are you getting at John? We still hit something.” Monty said as she got up from the table, darting to the closest ship communications console. “It is possible the Eros did not diagnose the object to be a substantial threat,” John stated whilst calmly getting up and darting to join Monty at the communications console. “This is Monty Smith, Maintenance tech, does anyone read me? What the fuck was that?” Monty said into the microphone of the console “Minor collision, it seems we somehow collided with various alloys of unknown origin, it's likely a ship wreckage, get to engineering, prepare to EVA to check it out.” Monty recognized the voice as Chief Engineer Jim Kidan. “I can assist if need-” John is cut off, another bang followed by the lights cutting off, ending the recovered black box recording. Looking up, the private sees the Synthetics eyes open, stating in a broken voice “The Eros wil- slight room mainten- coming days.”

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very Familiar

How familiar are you with Command?
    Very Familiar

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very Familiar

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Minimal

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If a Xeno is attacking a marine, you are permitted to defend the Marine, and yourself.

If a marine is a direct threat to another life, and is behaving unlawfully, whilst you are permitted to non lethally subdue the marine, you should only do so if the situation is demanding of it.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    If declined, I understand, but I really hope to be given the chance to have fun with these roles, whilst bringing the people around me enjoyment as well.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1, you need to be experienced with requisitions
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dude, good to see your interest in applying for synthetic!

The major issue I have with your application is the fact that your personality has been based around a malfunction, USCM wouldn't purchase and use synthetics that are malfunctioning in any way.

I think the personality needs working on, the story itself is okay but should be changed once you have another idea for the personality. On top of this, John has already been taken as a name so that'll also need a rework as well.

For now though, I'd say -1 for now, highly recommend hitting up whitelist-help in the discord for opinions on the personality, name and story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisyn View Post
    Hey dude, good to see your interest in applying for synthetic!

The major issue I have with your application is the fact that your personality has been based around a malfunction, USCM wouldn't purchase and use synthetics that are malfunctioning in any way.

I think the personality needs working on, the story itself is okay but should be changed once you have another idea for the personality. On top of this, John has already been taken as a name so that'll also need a rework as well.

For now though, I'd say -1 for now, highly recommend hitting up whitelist-help in the discord for opinions on the personality, name and story.
    Thank you for the constructive feedback, means a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! So I will provide my feedback and then decision later.

First, I can't really say I've seen you around pretty much. I'm in GMT+3 and play from usually 11 pm to 3 am stretching. I have probably seen you once or twice, it could be me and the timezone difference but just wanted to point it out.

Secondly, Req's experience is crucial just like the other branches. You are required to be fast and efficient with your supply drops and ordering. You are required to know how to deal with big req lines and you need to memorize what equipment is where, how to fill ammo boxes from vendors, etc. These are all the tasks you may be asked to do whilst you are playing on the synthetic whitelist.

Thirdly, the story itself is alright, but we need to see more interactions with your synthetics personality. How they talk with humans, how they act in times of distress, etc. These are all the things that we and the council would like to know about. And like the guy previous to me, the USCM or the W-Y would not be interested in synthetics that are out of order or malfunctioning. Since they are enough and more to buy high-end synthetics.

With all of that being said, sadly I'll have to give you a -1 and suggest that you withdraw this, or see where it goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application shows that you have not read the guidelines to applying. I recommend withdrawing, asking for help on the discord and getting more time in key roles.

Also @FrostN you don’t hold this whitelist so please refrain from commenting and voting on these applications.
    Last edited by Redted54321; 06-27-2022 at 02:52 PM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there and thank you for applying!

Besides echoing Stan and Reisyn's feedback, I'd like to add that your experience answers are too short and uninformative. You should ideally elaborate a tiny bit on just what do you know to do and how well are you at doing it. Also I've never seen you in game and I have no way of verifying this myself.

-1 from me.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for applying, but this application is denied. Synthetics are expected to be subject matter experience in all support roles to include requisitions. Your quirk needs refining, and your story needs to reflect that quirk. I recommend reading over accepted applications and asking questions on #whitelist-app-help on discord. There is also very good advice within the responses to help you.