User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: envarm - Broke ML as CMP. RP guideline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rem1 (Daniel Jimenez) View Post
    when he said "you may appeal" I don't think he was talking to me as I wasn't evenFiled in forr the crime yet, to make things a bit clearer
    You both were on the chairs, I literally was right next to you both and said "you may both appeal". I apologize that it wasn't clear enough. I thought "both" was clear enough since it was literally just you two there waiting to be processed and I was right next to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to further add that I expressively mentioned in the end to all MPs to inform people for their right to appeal and or request a pardon. If anything, that should make it even clearer that I did not forget to read you your rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by envarm View Post
    You both were on the chairs, I literally was right next to you both and said "you may both appeal". I apologize that it wasn't clear enough. I thought "both" was clear enough since it was literally just you two there waiting to be processed and I was right next to you.

I naturally assumed you weren't talking to the 2 prisoners who just got in and rather one of the 3 in the brig, Given that requesting an appeal while getting processed isn't possible, and that would be in the wrong order of the arresting procedure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing in ML preventing you from informing the prisoners of their right to request an appeal or pardon prior to their brig timer starting. You can *only* request an appeal or pardon AFTER you are processed though. Nonetheless, informing you of your right to request an appeal or pardon is fine beforehand -- which makes sense since I've already read you your charges.

Check 4. and 5. of the arresting procedure, it does not imply that you must be in a cell prior to being informed of your rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also what I said was "You both have the right to appeal or request a pardon" not "you may both appeal". The logs show that, once again I read you your rights, which adds up to the previous post as to why I interpret that as fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop the argument this thread. Let management make the final decision.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!
    In reviewing the logs, it looks like the issues reported may have stemmed from some misunderstanding, due to things being chaotic, as two of the three issues mentioned, I think the reporting player may have just missed.

As far the arrest itself, because the arrest was the result of the disarm attempts directly on the CMP
    The CMP does indicate charges and the right to appeal during processing here, and before the logs show the timer was started:

(Charges Stated, Right to Appeal)
    [15:49:36]SAY: Faycal Pom: You both have the right to appeal or request a pardon
    [15:49:49]SAY: Faycal Pom: Assault, resisting arrest
    (Timer Started)
    [15:52:36]ADMIN: Faycal Pom has jailed Daniel Jimenez for Interference, Resisting Arrest.

The logs also show several disarms by Daniel Jimenez against Faycal Pom on the DS.
    Since Daniel Jimenez was already activity engaging with the CMP, moving him to the Hangar so as to not hold up the DS from departing/try to avoid any further interference/charges is appropriate, and as the logs also show that Daniel Jimenez did make an effort to get away from the MPs once informed he was under arrest, and the resisting charge was not added until that point, I believe that also falls within what is acceptable.