0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

corbe - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    corbe

What is your discord username and handle?
    SiRa#6286

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC-05

Player Name You Use Most?
    Adam Hilt

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    None

This is a remake of an old Commanders Application. I was a part of a Europe Rotation back in 2020 and stopped playing, came back and was told to reapply.

Old App:
    //showthrea...er-Application

Have you been banned in the last 3 months?
    No.

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    Very familiar. I have had two different Captains and had an extended period of time as XO before the wipe. I thoroughly enjoyed the position and participated in the majority of the pre-2021 Command Group Events.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    None after they did the time wipe. However, I do have 16 hours as CO.

https://i.gyazo.com/a6e449ba67e4a4d2...620ba0834a.png

Approximately how many hours do you have as Squad Leader at the time of writing this application?
    None since the last time wipe and my departure for Europe.

Basic Questions & Story

Why did your character decide to become the CO of a ship?
    To further his career. Everyone knows command is the next advancement for any competent USCM Officer. If you don't make the cut for Command, you might as well retire, as those Admiralty dreams will never come to fruition.

With a decently strong FITREP, Hilts ready to take on the next position and ensure he's not one of those tragic up or out Officers who never made the cut.

How did your character attain the position of CO?
    As an enlisted Hilt participated in several campaigns, many specialized in Xenos. The LV Skirmish between UPP and USCM forces was a turning point for his enlisted career, when he received a leg wound while fighting in the MP bay during the boarding action.
    Hilt has had a very lucrative experience as an Officer in the USCM. Participating in campaigns across the assigned sector for the Fighting Falcons. His profile is nothing special however it shows a rugged sturdiness and displays tenacity over ingenuity.

After steady promotions along the typical officer's promotion timeline, Hilt has finally concluded his time as an Executive Officer. His most recent FITREP shows he is ready for command.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    Reposting the old FITREP I made for this American hero.

https://www.docdroid.net/nyG1XLB/bateman-fitrep-pdf

Scenarios

When do you believe it’s appropriate to pardon a prisoner? Give an example.
    I would say it's dependent on the status of the operation, role, and infraction. If a high key player has been punished for something minor, then he should be pardoned or I'm essentially sabotaging the team for some silly LARP. A lot of people on both sides of the alley tend to make mistakes and it really just comes down to action and component.

If a smartgunner starts a fight with another marine and the MPs detain him at round start, I may pardon him based on the circumstances after investigating the incident. Pardons are tools for victory and not tools for meaningless abuse.

When do you believe it’s appropriate to use a Battlefield Execution? Give an example.
    Insidious action such as mutiny, disobeying vital orders (A round winning, necessary, high IQ push is called and the SL refuses to do it) or murder to another marine. Same thing similar as before, if a engineer or req guy tries to purposely sabotage the operation by damaging the engine. BE separates from regular execution in the sense that it's a sudden decision by the commander to maintain order, rather than a regular punishment for a crime. The role of the BE is not for an obscure punishment and should be left for serious matters, or not used at all.

I generally find the be to be a silly tool though. Normally when a commander uses it comes off as a comedic effect, while not necessarily an issue, it’s not the intended purpose. There are much better ways to handle it, and I general believe that the way MP’s imprison someone is effective. I have been imprisoned myself a few times and sitting there for 15 to 20 minutes is never an enjoyable experience.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that you represent the CO whitelist and that while playing CO as any character, you must adhere to the CO Code of Conduct, Server Rules, and Roleplay Standards?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All purged COs need to meet the same standards as new applicants, meaning you need the 30 hours on XO and 5 on SL, of which you have 2 hours on XO and being generous an extra 16 from your CO time, putting you at just over half the amount of time needed for the minimum qualification.

Also the tanks are the old ranks and your XOs name is literally Patrick Bateman.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey appreciate the feedback. I left the old items up there for context connected to the older iteration, apologies if it came off as lazy. Didn't realize I needed the 30 hours as XO as well since the Apply for CO Whitelist forum post just says this:

FOR REAPPLYING COs:
    If you have not played the game in half a year or longer there is a strong chance you have been removed from the Whitelist following a purge that took place around late 2021. If you are one of these people (referred to as being "purged"), you can reapply to the CO whitelist with minimal additional requirements by resubmitting an application as normal.

This does not apply to COs who have been removed due to punitive action (dewhitelisted). If you were dewhitelisted, contact a CO Councilor for readmission.

You may reuse the story you have used in your previous CO application(s).
    You are encouraged to have a recent (<2 months ago) presence in the game, particularly as leadership roles including SL and XO. This is so we, the CO Council, can have experience as to whether or not you have adjusted to the current climate of CM and can handle the modern-day rigors of being placed in charge.
    Special circumstances, depending on the judgement of the CO Council, can have this requirement waived. Contact a CO Councilor if you wish to explain extenuating circumstances.

Concerning the Patrick Bateman name, that was my old CO haha.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Adam Hilt the name of Adolf Hitler when he's used as an American politician in HOI4

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneDadWhisperer View Post
    Isn't Adam Hilt the name of Adolf Hitler when he's used as an American politician in HOI4
    yes it is
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gents, I am 10 hours away from the required XO time. Appreciate the heads up. I will have it completed so I meet the standard.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upon reconsideration, I've changed my mind.

Putting your name as "Adam Hilt" (from HOI), combined with lacking hours as XO is grounds for a "no" by itself.

I'm honestly surprised we didn't catch this the first time around, but we're not repeating mistakes.

Change your name to something other than a blatant pop culture reference, please. Reapplying COs do not get an exception to the "30 hours as XO and 5 as SL" rule.

Council has voted to deny this application. You may reapply in 30 days' time.
    Last edited by naut; 06-29-2022 at 09:11 AM. Reason: yeah, no
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump