User Tag List

Thread: Barristo - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barristo - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Barristo
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Barristo Panganiban
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    Job Ban, N/A
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Queen, Xenomorph
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    timeurss (Moderator)
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    TGMC, TG Manuel and Monke Station
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Goonstation
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    None
    Reason for Ban
    Rule 4, Griefing - Unnested a few bodies and suicide charged as a carrier after getting in an argument with the other xenos. Did not reply to any of my PMs. A 3 hour ban was applied given the seriousness of this issue. by timeurss (Moderator) on 2022-05-22 17:16:22

Banned from Queen, Xenomorph - Unnested several marines and suicide charged after getting in an argument with the other xenos. Did not respond to any PM nor the alert. Apply this on the forums. by timeurss (Moderator) on 2022-05-22 17:22:20
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    So I made this second appeal and withdrawn the old one was because I wasn't aware of the Show Record in OOC tab, so that's why I had no or Reason for Ban was not professional. I only found out about now after someone told me about in dchat. So regarding about my ban, the first Paragraph. I recall being a carrier unnesting hugged bodies, though my intent was for me to dump them to the acid pool as you were suppose to do but to a bursted hugged body. So yes, I was bald at the time which someone then told me how after they told me to put it back. Although I do not recall having an argument with another xeno at the time, though I remember having another bald xeno in the hive other than me. I do not know why or how the moderator thought me as someone who is griefing as I only had two or three notes before this ban and they could've looked at my gameplay time in the server, which was short at the time. Besides that, I swear that I do not claim to be someone who is using an alternate account to get a second chance in the server. Besides that. I've tried and been playing TGMC lately to play as a xeno again though I do not have the same liking on their gameplay and marine features as suppose to CM's. I've understand my mistake and will be a better player as I already have been after this ban, just by being a marine. That concludes my appeal on the first paragraph.

Onto my permanent Job Ban. My first claim is that this ban was made at 17:22:20, time as I'm currently writing this appeal is 10pm(philippine time), current time that displays in the status bar in game says its 14:00. So that makes it 2pm, so minus it with my current time which makes it 8. 5+8=13, makes it 1pm on my timezone when this ban was made. Which could evidently be a time where I'm not online anymore, hence the moderator claims that I'm not responding to them. Though I do apologize to the moderator for not being on to respond. Incident happened before 12am, they responded at 1pm or probably the next round after the incident or during post-round intermission. To the serious part, to explain the part where I suicide charged to the marines as a carrier, my defense is that my pc lags because it is incompatible to run CM, there are instances where my character goes on the same direction as to what I was pressing when the lag happened and it'll still keep me going to that direction while on the lag phase even if I release the key. That is my defense, its not a mistake that I should learn from. It's a disability on a hobby that is inevitable but I am trying to master. Conclusion. I am or was bald at the time, and I don't simply just killed myself over an argument I swore I did not came across with.
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, I was the moderator who investigated the situation.

To begin with, the 3 hour ban was due to the grief accusation I made. The logs by then showed you saying 'FUCK IT, I'M OUT' over chat/hivemind (I don't recall that part) and shortly after getting shot several times, which showed a kind of suicide charge. The 3 ahelps I got also made me end with the same conclusion.

Furthermore, the issue with the unnesting. VV logs showed you unnesting about 4 marines, which honestly looks a rather high number to be done by a new player.

Finally, the issue with the PMs is simple: I PM'd you twice at the beginning, as well as giving you 2 admin alerts, giving you an enough time gap for you to react. As you were still in-game by then (proven by the fact I could still access your PMs through the player log + the logs showing it again), I ended up banning you for all this.

Given that you were ahelped by several people, logs apparently showed that you unnested 4 marines in total, with finally the aforementioned chat quote and the nonexistent reply whilst being still connected, the ban had to be applied.

TLDR: You got banned regarding several people unnested (logged on your VVs, not sure if on server logs) which apparently ended in hive chaos, the subsequent suicide charge proven as stated above, and the lack of replies after being PM'd twice about it.

If you need more information, do tell me over private messages please. Logs will be posted by another admin shortly.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Barristo, I've been looking into your ban here and It was pretty recent, combined with some of the notes you've received over the last month, I think you need to go a little while on your good behavior before appealing again, on looking into this its pretty clear you knew what you were doing with the suicide charge, and saying "FUCK IT, I'M OUT" is pretty clear cut.

Denied

Go a month on good behavior and re-appeal.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.