Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove Perma Nesting-Bring back Old Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove Perma Nesting-Bring back Old Tank

-Remove Perma Nesting

There is no reason this is still in the game. This was added sometime around January 9th of 2020 with massive community push back and clear voting that took place and the community making it clear that they did not want Perma nesting at all. Although the Community voted to revert back to the Original system this was ignored by the developers for their own interests. (Exeno Mains ahem ahem) this is most unfortunate. Today many new players don't even know for the majority of this game's lifetime Perma nesting was not a thing. What followed with this was the foreshadowing of the future updates to come such as MOBA and Resource gathering system which were thankfully removed.

When this was added Devs tested the waters on what would happen if they made radical changes in the game. This update was the foreshadowing of a minority group imposing their gamestyle ideas on the majority of the community-server.

Old nesting system was fun, interactive, and created RP scenarios for marines. Nowadays you just leave the game after being captured which has been planting bad seeds into the core game style of Colonial Marines with Long Term consequences which are starting to show since 2020 today in 2022.

Old Forum Post is here regarding when the update happened
    //showthrea...=perma+nesting

-Bring back the old Tank

Old Tank was a lot of fun, I like the APC there was a lot of work put into the APC it is a great addition to the game however no one expected the APC to completely replace the TANK. The APC was introduced with the idea of being able to select between the two vehicles however this later turned into the tank being removed this is most unfortunate as this vehicle has served the marines for years and years influencing many great rounds and one of the most popular CM videos on youtube. Tank update was supposed to solve multiple issues with the Tank however the update shipped with major bugs that made the tank completely unusable as the Secondary scope DID NOT WORK with the update making the LTB kill the tank it self. Although this was a minor issue to fix developers did not fix this until recent times. Resulted in the tank being removed ironically The TANK Update which was very well awaited completely made the Tank useless.

We want the LTB machine back
    Aden Cooper

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I just feel sorry for the Pred council. Those poor people only get the nut jobs...

HTB

Nan'ku K'wii clan leader of the poorest pred clan in the game

Joe 'Death Dealer' Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xenomain here

I don't care if perma nesting is gone long as I'm not restricted to where nests and eggs can be

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post

-Remove Perma Nesting
    Old nesting system wasn't fun for basically anyone. For xenos: They had to put someone on either the hardest and/or most boring duty in the entire game.
    It was the hardest for almost any T1/T2 and its super not worth it to waste a T3 slot who would also have a big problem with that. Drone, runner, sentinel, defender, hivelord, carrier, spitter and lurker all were almost hopeless to prevent more than a single nested marine from either killing himself (via nade, or PBing yourself), or basically soloing them if said marine had buckshot magharness shotgun. Sentinel could go sweaty metagaming mode and just unnest marines after spitting, to reset their timer, which was super fucking lame.
    All of that even with unnesting stun/daze that sweaty devs added.
    And that is only when marines actually break, other than that its just staring at horizontal marines without helmets. Or worse yet... ERPing with captives. Barerly anyone had willpower patience to RP being nested and guarding hosts 1000000th time.
    If warrior was on that duty, you could just as well call it permanesting. One click for nothing personnal, kid teleport to you and you are hopeless.

I could, however, imagine something that would bring all the benefits of pre-permanesting and permanesting. "Group nested host willpower". If there is enough marines close to the nested one (no matter if they are nested too), then ghost can return to the body and attempt to break out of thanks to the fluff "willpower" (in-game explenation of a mechanic). This forces benos to be a bit more creative about their nest placement and allows people to break out if xenos are lazy enough to just put them in the same spot, or if they are very close to the marines pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post

-Bring back the old Tank
    Vehicles bigger than 2x2 are just pain in the ass in this game. Fucker takes almost 1/4 of your entire screen. That goes in general, but now for the actuall old tank. Cancer that took power from marines and gave it to two fucking randoms, while forcing xenos to be stronger. So you take the strength from about 100 players, give it to two assholes and then buff 25-30 from the other side, who use said strength to fuck the experience of those 100. Good Queen, or Good Spec can be a great help to marines, or xenos, but bad Queen, or bad Spec aren't that bad. As long as Queen stays in ovi and gives out leaders and occasional heals, it is fine, might as well make it fucking NPC, if spec doesn't do anything, but tank few focused xeno slashes and not kill any marines, then its fine. If old LTB tank crew was good, then you could just as well not deploy as PFC. If old LTB tank crew was bad, you might as well just aim mouth and click yourself with a gun on help intent, there was no way to win.

The only good that tank brought was APC and truck existing and experience for devs that giving too much power to a very small part of one side fucks the rest.
    Last edited by CABAL; 06-30-2022 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cabal why are you still paraposting on forums you dont even play anymore

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tank is annoying and perma nesting is necessary

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt you quit cm 20 times already delete your forum account

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Cabal why are you still paraposting on forums you dont even play anymore
    I do play when I'm not working away from home. It ranges from two weeks to few months each time.
    And even thought I don't play regularly, I still have my experience when I snorted CM like crack-cocaine and this thread so happens to want to repeat mistakes of CM past.